Foxsat-HDR not choosing input to record/view

I have one of these for about 3 years and allowed all updates and am very pleased with it.
However I was under the impression that having 2 LNB inputs (and they both work as I have checked) one can record a channel and still have the full range of channels to view - presumabaly as it should select the other LNB input.
It isn't an Octo LNB problem on my 60cm dish as Sky on one of ther boxes seems OK at all times
My Foxsat doesn't seem to and so channels that are on the same freqency/polarisation are dimmed out and not selectable when a recording is taking place.
Is it just me or is this a known problem that can be "got around"?

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mike_Jay wrote: »
    I have one of these for about 3 years and allowed all updates and am very pleased with it.
    However I was under the impression that having 2 LNB inputs (and they both work as I have checked) one can record a channel and still have the full range of channels to view - presumabaly as it should select the other LNB input.
    It isn't an Octo LNB problem on my 60cm dish as Sky on one of ther boxes seems OK at all times
    My Foxsat doesn't seem to and so channels that are on the same freqency/polarisation are dimmed out and not selectable when a recording is taking place.

Something's wrong. You should be able to record any two channels and also watch a third sharing a transponder with either recording (any third channel if the recordings are from the same transponder).

Can you try powering off the other boxes sharing the lnb (it's not unknown for a problem power supply on sky bpxes to screw up other sat recievers sharing the same lnb.

If the problem is still there, make a note of the recording schedule and do a factory reset (Watch for two cables found message).
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike_Jay wrote: »

Can you just confirm that you have tried a Sky box on the cables plugged into the Humax and that works? Or that you mean a Sky box on two other outputs of the LNB is working OK?

If the latter then try swapping the boxes round and see what channel options you get. If the Humax works perfectly on the "Sky" cables and the Sky box behaves like the Humax was then that suggests a cable problem.

If however you have already swapped the boxes round and the Sky box works perfectly normally on the "Humax" cables then that does suggest the Humax has a problem.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Can you just confirm that you have tried a Sky box on the cables plugged into the Humax and that works? Or that you mean a Sky box on two other outputs of the LNB is working OK?

If the latter then try swapping the boxes round and see what channel options you get. If the Humax works perfectly on the "Sky" cables and the Sky box behaves like the Humax was then that suggests a cable problem.
    working
    If however you have already swapped the boxes round and the Sky box works perfectly normally on the "Humax" cables then that does suggest the Humax has a problem.

The OP can record one channel and view (but not record) any other. To be able to do this requires two working inputs. The foxsat will not work at all if no signal on lnb 1 in. If no signal on lnb2 in, the only other channels you can view (and record) while recording, are channels using the same transponder as the channel being recorded..