Options

The finalist and social media

jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Between them the four finalist have just 45k followers on Twitter. Why is there such a lack of interest on the social media to these contestants, where as many mediocre afts on XF, who never even reach the live shows get huge followings?

All four acts are worthy finalist, and deserve to have much more support than they are getting.

Comments

• Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Between them the four finalist have just 45k followers on Twitter. Why is there such a lack of interest on the social media to these contestants, where as many mediocre afts on XF, who never even reach the live shows get huge followings?

All four acts are worthy finalist, and deserve to have much more support than they are getting.

That was why I started the little media interest thread as I don't think any of them would hold must Interest for the Twitter generation.

I suspect the departed semi finalists would have more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    That was why I started the little media interest thread as I don't think any of them would hold must Interest for the Twitter generation.

I think that all four finalists would have really big followings if they were in the latter stages of XF.
  • Options
    Rachel_HarrisonRachel_Harrison Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

Who?

Joe the alleged heart throb has 12.5 k followers and is the highest of the semi-finalists. Even if he got a bump from advancing, he'd be below 20k.

These are underwhelming numbers.

Last year's winner is currently around 48k.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It brings me to think that the audience that views The Voice is a lot different to those that watch XF, because the viewing figures are quite similar.
  • Options
    Rachel_HarrisonRachel_Harrison Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It brings me to think that the audience that views The Voice is a lot different to those that watch XF, because the viewing figures are quite similar.

It starts from the top.

The XF account has 5.6 million followers compared to a shade under 500k for the Voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also the show does'nt get the same hype from the beeb, where as XF trailers are all over the screens from ITV.