County Cricket 2013

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Hullboy wrote: »
    The ultimate oxymoron. Yorks-Lancs friendly? Whatever next! :D

Acording to the commentary on BBC Bresnan will be back for that game. Onions has grabbed a few wickets today , so the both of them could be in England contention at some stage this year .
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful batting by Somerset today against Durham thankfully the bowlers have put us back into the game.
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aggers just tweeted that 80,000 listened online to the opening day of the County Championship
    This figure doesn't include those listening via their phone or Digital radio
    Impressive
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This coverage on R5 Extra is disappointing............

There's currently no play at the game scheduled to be on but they keep making a big deal of 'every match being covered on the website' so why not just switch R5 Extra to one of the games being played

All we've had for the last 30 minutes is a loop saying 'we can't bring you livce cricket at the moment'

Why not bring us one of the 4 games currently in play !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    The so called outstanding Notts batting line up has collapsed again. A three day defeat is likely for them and Yorkshire as well. Odd that there has been no play at Edgebaston for two days , yet they are playing everywhere else, and a pity for Spoprts Extra to have their main team at that game .
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, despite his own batting the Paul Collingwood Durham revival continues on its merry way.

Thats 6 wins, 1 draw in the last 7. Anyone have a clue why?
    Good captaincy, luck or maybe prior bad luck, Onions being back.
    Whatever, the team works again.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    Yorks haven't started well :(

18/4 :eek: - could be a long summer

Not if they keep finishing early:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Not if they keep finishing early:eek:

No worries. Im sure our batsmen will enjoy conditions at Chester-Le-Street in 10 days time :D
  • Rolling StoneRolling Stone Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Any Kent fans on here ?

Don't worry, I am not coming on here with any great expectations for 2013. But I would urge you to watch for a youngster or two coming from our neck of the woods and vying for an England spot before too long....

Watch this space ?
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Any Kent fans on here ?

Don't worry, I am not coming on here with any great expectations for 2013. But I would urge you to watch for a youngster or two coming from our neck of the woods and vying for an England spot before too long....

Watch this space ?

they got the daniel bell-drummond kid, hearing lots of good things about him and Adam ball, these two were expected to be the 2 best batsman for the under 19 world cup last year but they both didn't perform in that tournament.
    but it does seem that the batsman coming through in the under 19 are not that great, but not a big deal since the batting order is looking settled for the next 5 years.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/628338.html
    ian chappell thought the standard of batting in the last under 19 world cup was poor, but I would disagree with the praise that he is given to indian batting, to me india were quite ordinary in the batting aspect, especially comparing to past under 19 india batting line ups, and I disagree with the comment on the indian bowling attack, yes the indian bowlers were slow, but they had more skill, Swing and control compared to other sides.
    the other teams had very fast bowlers but lacked control and swing to get batsman out.
    which is backed up by the statistics of the indian bowling attack.
    Sandeep Sharma 12 Wkts at 15.75
    Ravikant Singh 12 Wkts at 14.91
    K passi 10 Wkts at 15.20
    Harmeet Singh 6 Wkts at 20.16
    B Aparajith 5 Wkts at 35.80

Reece topley is another player to look out for this season, he was the only bowler in the england team that looked like taking wicket in the recent under 19 world cup.
    the other bowler had pace but didn't look threatening.
    Forum Member
    I was actually thinking about SNortheast....
    Forum Member
    I was actually thinking about SNortheast....

yeah he was really good last year.
    I thought you meant players that are 18 or 19 and from the youth academy.
    But I have been hearing that they are lots of promising batsman coming through at Kent.
    Sam Northeast, Bell-Drummond and Adam Ball were supposedly gonna lead kent batting in couple of years time though.
    Big year for kent though, if they have a bad year, Northeast would probably leave, and other player may join him.
    Forum Member
    Sorry yes - I see what you mean. Bell-Drummond should see a fair bit of first team action this year. Ball will be more one-dayers, as will a great young w/k called Sam Billings. Northeast will certainly feature in the CCC.
    A big year ? Well we should see some progress - Jimmy Adams has done well so far to get to the point where we're even mentioned as title outsiders. Maybe a good run in one of the one-day competitions, though we need our batsmen to perform far more consistently - esp one Robert Key !
  • Dixie Scott 106Dixie Scott 106 Posts: 11,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else listening to Surrey v Somerset on 5 live sports xtra
  • Dixie Scott 106Dixie Scott 106 Posts: 11,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the winter there was a lot of speculaction over Jos Buttler and Craig Kieswetter and who'd get the gloves for somerset this year. Heres an idea I've come up with for them in the championship. 1 takes the gloves for 1st innings and the other one keeps in 2nd innings
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic century for Alviro Petersen for Somerset in the current score of 194-3.
  • Sabre92Sabre92 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the winter there was a lot of speculaction over Jos Buttler and Craig Kieswetter and who'd get the gloves for somerset this year. Heres an idea I've come up with for them in the championship. 1 takes the gloves for 1st innings and the other one keeps in 2nd innings

Kieswetter won't lose the gloves for the Championship games now, that one's already decided. Wouldn't be surprised if Buttler keeps in the one-day and T20 games though, seems the best compromise to me.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bairstow and Rashid with centuries in the Roses game today.
  • tennismantennisman Posts: 4,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Napes does it again for Essex.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warwickshire emphatic winners in the end with Chris Wright spearheading a great bowling performance with 6-31. Ominous display for the rest to take note.
    Trouble is with Wright,Rankin, Clarke and Woakes(perhaps shouldnt leave Keith Barker out of this either) all harbouring England ambitions in one way or another they just might need a bigger squad.
    Interesting to hear Ian Bell keen on the idea of playing for Warwickshire when his England career comes to an end. I suspect that isnt the case with every England player.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Well, despite his own batting the Paul Collingwood Durham revival continues on its merry way.

Thats 6 wins, 1 draw in the last 7. Anyone have a clue why?
    Good captaincy, luck or maybe prior bad luck, Onions being back.
    Whatever, the team works again.
    He underestimated Yorkshire though
    Hullboy wrote: »
    No worries. Im sure our batsmen will enjoy conditions at Chester-Le-Street in 10 days time :D
    Joe Root certainly did:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    He underestimated Yorkshire though
    A calculated risk brought on by that rain delay late on day 3.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A calculated risk brought on by that rain delay late on day 3.

Yep. I understand why Collingwood declared, Chester-Le-Street is bowler friendly and the difference between a draw and a defeat, points-wise, isn't all that much. Win or bust is the way to go. To put it into context, it was our fourth highest successful run chase ever.

It sounded like a wonderful innings by Root. Never easy to get high scores up at Durham! Rashid also sounded impressive with the bat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conditions had tamed and I half expected Yorkshire to win.
    I thought I heard that Rashid had got a much needed a century last week in some match or other.
    Forum Member
    Conditions had tamed and I half expected Yorkshire to win.
    I thought I heard that Rashid had got a much needed a century last week in some match or other.

does Rashid look like taking wickets, or is he still struggling, really sad he didn't reach his potential, if he did England would defiantly play 5 bowlers most of the time, with Rashid and Swann bowling in tandem.
    they are so many similarities between him and Piyush chawla.
    Both being billed as the next big thing.
    both similar aged
    both averaging around 30 with the bat.
    both struggling to take wickets in the past few years in domestic cricket.