Boxing

Comments

• hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

Who can blame them?

The man is a beast!

GG v Froch would be a war for the ages and although I believe Carl would lose he would go down with all guns blazing after a tremendous scrap.

It would be a fitting end to a career where he has fought everybody of note in his weight class - a true old school style warrior.

I would prefer GGG to stay where he is though and rack up those defences and then his star will continue to rise amongst the public. :)

well, he'll have to fight them (and win) to become a beast. can't be labeled as a beast just knocking out bums.

i would have picked froch to beat glolovkin maybe last year. but he's been out for quite a long time now , so don't know how that would go. i'd much rather froch face degale than anyone else.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    well, he'll have to fight them (and win) to become a beast. can't be labeled as a beast just knocking out bums.

i would have picked froch to beat glolovkin maybe last year. but he's been out for quite a long time now , so don't know how that would go. i'd much rather froch face degale than anyone else.

I think GGG has fought some decent enough fighters - not the Four Kings but not exactly 'bums' either.

Macklin or Murray for example.

It is not his fault that nobody at middleweight can test him.
  • mcg3mcg3 Posts: 11,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »

I think GGG has fought some decent enough fighters - not the Four Kings but not exactly 'bums' either.

Macklin or Murray for example.

It is not his fault that nobody at middleweight can test him.

As Keyser says its not his fault nobody can test him.

Its also the case that GGG has been trying to tempt all the bigger names to enter the ring with him but they are running scared.

Maybe hunter23 you should be asking yourself why they don't want to fight him.

Could it be that they as professional boxers can see how strong, quick and powerful he is that there is no way they will tempted into the ring with him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mcg3 wrote: »
    As Keyser says its not his fault nobody can test him.

Its also the case that GGG has been trying to tempt all the bigger names to enter the ring with him but they are running scared.

Maybe hunter23 you should be asking yourself why they don't want to fight him.

Could it be that they as professional boxers can see how strong, quick and powerful he is that there is no way they will tempted into the ring with him.

I think it could! :D

He is the most feared unarmed man on the planet at the moment.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GGG is a great fighter no doubt, but we will see how good he is once he faces the winner of Canelo vs Cotto. Cotto has proven he has the durability to box for 12 rounds at the weight, and Canelo is an absolute animal right now. Both of them would give GGG a lot of problems.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "At the weight"?
    http://www.boxingscene.com/miguel-cotto-warns-its-catch-weight-no-fight--91753
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/07/cotto-vs-canelo-fight-to-take-place-at-155lbs/

Golovkin would destroy Cotto of that I'm sure. Canelo will get there first though thankfully. Cotto holding middleweight hostage with his catchweight nonsense has gone on too long. If you don't want to fight at middleweight then drop the belts. And we know Canelo will actually fight Golovkin so double bonus.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "At the weight"?
    http://www.boxingscene.com/miguel-cotto-warns-its-catch-weight-no-fight--91753
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/07/cotto-vs-canelo-fight-to-take-place-at-155lbs/

Golovkin would destroy Cotto of that I'm sure. Canelo will get there first though thankfully. Cotto holding middleweight hostage with his catchweight nonsense has gone on too long. If you don't want to fight at middleweight then drop the belts. And we know Canelo will actually fight Golovkin so double bonus.

Aye. Unfortunately GGG has said a few times he would drain himself to 154 for a 'super fight', Cotto would surely look to take advantage of that.

But, as you say, that's not going to happen. I'm fairly confident Canelo is going to KO Cotto, and give us the proper mega fight of this decade.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Miguel Cotto; he's been one of my favourite fighters of the last decade or so, but I'm also fed up of his 'semi middleweight' title defences.

Either he's an MW or he isn't.

If he wants to fight at 155, drop a pound & fight at light middle.

Although I like Cotto, I like Alvarez too & I'm hoping he beats Cotto soundly to set up a clash with Golovkin, because Cotto would get owned by GGG, whereas Canelo might just be the test that Golovkin has needed for years now.
  • nainznainz Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    155lb Catchweight for the middleweight "champion" is ridiculous, but nothing suprises me with the WBC. Cotto will have fought his entire middleweight career at catchweight, I'm pretty fed up with him at the moment and even though I know he's only chasing his payday I hope Canelo crushes him tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sat 10th of Oct 2015 Tyson Fury gets his big chance against Klitchko.

I can't make my mind up about Fury but feel he will give a good account of himself and could produce an upset.

He certainly has the height, weight and power to surprise Klitchko.

My only worry with Fury is he tends to fight with his hands held low.

I'm certainly looking forward to this fight.
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callum Smith Vs Rocky Fielding, agreed.

Should be announced within the next few days. Should be a great fight but cant see anything other than a Smith win.

As for GGG Vs Froch, GGG would destroy him. Froch is far to easy to hit, likes to engage in a war too much and GGG would walk him down and hit him with big shots.

T Fury Vs Klitschko should be a good fight, but the build up will be better. Fury will get beat. All depends on how long he can last. I say 7 rounds at the most.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fury is going to get sparked, but the build up should be glorious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nainz wrote: »
    Fury is going to get sparked, but the build up should be glorious.

That was my initial thought on this fight, but the more i think about it the more chances i give Fury of being capable of causing a huge upset.

Fury has the tools to turn Klitchko over, whether he can do it or not is the question.

I think it will be a cracking fight though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was my initial thought on this fight, but the more i think about it the more chances i give Fury of being capable of causing a huge upset.

Fury has the tools to turn Klitchko over, whether he can do it or not is the question.

I think it will be a cracking fight though.

I do think that Fury is underrated but then again so is Wlad.

Especially by people still seriously believing that cruiserweights like Marciano and Dempsey could KO him.

Fury will give a solid display and an upset is a small possibility - the build up will be highly entertaining if nothing else. :D
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sat 10th of Oct 2015 Tyson Fury gets his big chance against Klitchko.

I can't make my mind up about Fury but feel he will give a good account of himself and could produce an upset.

He certainly has the height, weight and power to surprise Klitchko.

My only worry with Fury is he tends to fight with his hands held low.

I'm certainly looking forward to this fight.

I'm with you, apart from Fury having power: I don't think he has much of that.

Fury is easy to hit, but he has balls the size of a county, so he might just give Wladimir a bit to think about.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one & I haven't said that about a Wladimir fight since he fought the Toeminator!:D
  • Paul_PPaul_P Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I'm with you, apart from Fury having power: I don't think he has much of that.

Fury is easy to hit, but he has balls the size of a county, so he might just give Wladimir a bit to think about.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one & I haven't said that about a Wladimir fight since he fought the Toeminator!:D

I can't get excited about this at all, firstly it's almost certain to be PPV, I begrudge paying the amount I already shell out to Sky for maybe a couple of hours every fortnight, another 20 quid is a bit much.

Secondly, I really don't think it will be much of a fight, Fury could well be the latest in a long line who fought WK to realise that he can just jab his way to a boring win, anybody who tries to rough him up will have 18 stone of Ukrainian hugging like a toddler, and being in Germany, the ref will allow it.

I just don't think Fury has the tools to do it, he'll either be victim of the jab and grab, or walk onto a big right hand and be KO'd.

That's assuming he doesn't go anything daft like knee Wlad in the knackers or something and get DQ'd.
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_P wrote: »
    I can't get excited about this at all, firstly it's almost certain to be PPV, I begrudge paying the amount I already shell out to Sky for maybe a couple of hours every fortnight, another 20 quid is a bit much.

Secondly, I really don't think it will be much of a fight, Fury could well be the latest in a long line who fought WK to realise that he can just jab his way to a boring win, anybody who tries to rough him up will have 18 stone of Ukrainian hugging like a toddler, and being in Germany, the ref will allow it.

I just don't think Fury has the tools to do it, he'll either be victim of the jab and grab, or walk onto a big right hand and be KO'd.

That's assuming he doesn't go anything daft like knee Wlad in the knackers or something and get DQ'd.

Might not be PPV. Think ITV could get this one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Wlad can't fight inside, he holds. He can't do that to Fury because he's too big to push around.

Fury can beat Klitschko, roughing him up on the inside. Theres no way Klitschko can use spoil tactics against Fury (ie. Cup his head or force his head down with a forearm on the inside) which he has done against smaller opposition.

I just hope Fury doesn't fight at range and showboat, if he does its a KO for Klitschko.
    Forum Member
    Ruslan Chageav now WBA Heavy Champ again, after beating Francesco Pianeta in 1 round.

He'll make his first defence against Fres Oquendo.
  • Paul_PPaul_P Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    jock_land wrote: »
    Wlad can't fight inside, he holds. He can't do that to Fury because he's too big to push around.

Fury can beat Klitschko, roughing him up on the inside. Theres no way Klitschko can use spoil tactics against Fury (ie. Cup his head or force his head down with a forearm on the inside) which he has done against smaller opposition.

I just hope Fury doesn't fight at range and showboat, if he does its a KO for Klitschko.

I don't know that Fury, despite his size, is too big to push around, he's not that much bigger than Klitschko who is solid muscle, Fury is still quite fleshy, in terms of actual physical power, I'd wager WK has the edge.

But as soon as Fury tries to rough WK up, the ref will stop the action, poor Tyson has two opponents in the ring with him.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, those german refs are a disgrace.

If the ref is german, the Fury camp should withdraw.

Klinchko has been hugging and clinching for years on the inside. One of Manny Steward's much to be desired tactics, he gave tall fighters including Lennox Lewis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jock_land wrote: »
    Ruslan Chageav now WBA Heavy Champ again, after beating Francesco Pianeta in 1 round.

He'll make his first defence against Fres Oquendo.

Here is the first fight, orrible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHg-P0y4F-U But check out the size of the ring.

And the winner of that then has to face Lucas Browne.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Froch retires, good luck to him.

Don't think he fancied GGG and with Degale signing with Haymon seems to have put an end to that potential domestic payday.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nainz wrote: »
    So Froch retires, good luck to him.

Don't think he fancied GGG and with Degale signing with Haymon seems to have put an end to that potential domestic payday.

Degale is still promoted by matchroom for now.

I don't blame Froch. His got plenty of dough and doesn't need those fights.

Just stay retired!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to Carl.

I just hope that he stays retired.

He had a truly magnificent career and fought everybody of note in his weight class - one of the few old school warriors left in a sport where the very best now seldom fight one another.