My friend who was at the Manchester Final on Saturday

Comments

• johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's an exceedingly good post.

To go out on stage every week knowing that most of the audience are baying for your blood is absolutely the worst thing that can happen to any performer. It's incredibly difficult to sing/act etc under those conditions. I give credit to the guy for being able to hold his own every week with that sort of reception.

Those responsible for the booing (and undoubtedly it was only a few and then others followed suit like they do in 'mob' situations) should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. It's rude, it's cruel and it says much more about those responsible for it than it does about the target of their villification. Much like on DS.

I wasn't a fan of Christopher. In fact, one of my three favourites won (I was so amazed and very, very pleased). The other finished second and the third went out a couple of weeks before. However, I would never have dreamed of behaving so badly to someone whose only crime was to apply for a show that everyone is free to perform on and be chosen to go through to Judge's Houses, then get chosen by the viewing public to carry on.

Irrespective of what the man is like in real life (and all we hear are rumours and anecdotal evidence from those with an axe to grind and I'm not giving them much credence), he doesn't deserve any of this. He's not the devil incarnate that some are trying to portray him. He's a human being with feelings and emotions.

I think the people in the venues, the gutter press, XF PR machine and some DS posters should put themselves in his shoes for a moment and see how they would like to go through what he has endured from all sides over the last few weeks. I know they wouldn't like it.

^^^
    This!
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we forgetting that his "nerves" and "shaking" suddenly disappeared when he reached the live finals? And that, oh surprise, he wasn't an amateur singer, but had worked on a cruise ship/ferry/whatever before? He was also very happy to play the "menan" card, be it instructed by the producers or not.

That's when people started to get a dislike of him. Before that, I doubt any of those would have bothered by him; he's not exactly the worst performer in the world.
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    Are we forgetting that his "nerves" and "shaking" suddenly disappeared when he reached the live finals? And that, oh surprise, he wasn't an amateur singer, but had worked on a cruise ship/ferry/whatever before? He was also very happy to play the "menan" card, be it instructed by the producers or not.

That's when people started to get a dislike of him. Before that, I doubt any of those would have bothered by him; he's not exactly the worst performer in the world.

He played a game, it back fired ,
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why has everyone forgot Jahmenes nerves and having to be talked onto the stage by Nicole.. He has been in a band for years and been performing but he suddenly couldn't cope.. He also said the longer he was in the contest the easier it got to go on stage.. Have any of you ever thought this could also of happened to Christopher?
  • jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was also there on Saturday. There was quite a large amount of booing when he was first announced on stage, though there was still an abundance of cheers to go with it!

The warm-up guy then did ask if people would stop booing, and thankfully most people listened to the request! It was uncomfortable to hear in the arena when he walked out, regardless of what he has or hasn't behaved like he made the final which is more than can be said for the overwhelming majority of people so he should be applauded!

As I said, most people took the message and the crowd cheered and yelled for all contestants thereafter - though it was clear that there was far more support from James and Jahmene (and even within the two the support for James in the room far outshone Jahmene).
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a shoo-in for panto although might be a bit late this year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has everyone forgot Jahmenes nerves and having to be talked onto the stage by Nicole.. He has been in a band for years and been performing but he suddenly couldn't cope.. He also said the longer he was in the contest the easier it got to go on stage.. Have any of you ever thought this could also of happened to Christopher?

Actually, many many famous actors with decades of experience talk of being sick with nerves before a performance. Even Tulisa has spoken of singing live on the X Factor being the scariest moment of her life . So nerves play a huge part.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has everyone forgot Jahmenes nerves and having to be talked onto the stage by Nicole..

Come on, you cannot compare Jahmene's nerves with the way Christopher wiggled like jelly and then totally over-reacted when he got the wild card. Which by the way, was a similar over-reaction as Rylan's, but Rylan remained the same. Jahmene remained the same. Christopher didn't, and that's why people starting to consider him a fake. Then the backstage diva rumours started to come up, and voila.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on, you cannot compare Jahmene's nerves with the way Christopher wiggled like jelly and then totally over-reacted when he got the wild card. Which by the way, was a similar over-reaction as Rylan's, but Rylan remained the same. Jahmene remained the same. Christopher didn't, and that's why people starting to consider him a fake. Then the backstage diva rumours started to come up, and voila.

And Voila what??? There where times when he still shook and from what Gary said ..Christopher was vomiting before shows due to nerves.. And as for the "rumours" strange really.. If he was such a diva ... How come there has been no video evidence of it..cameras are all around him..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    kiteflyer wrote: »
    Agree with everything you say. I see some of the other contestants are campaigning on twitter to have him replaced by kye. They should be ashamed of themselves. What happened at the weekend did not involve any of them.

Yes, but they will have to spend a lot of time with Christopher on the tour and it won't be an enjoyable experience for them if there is an unpleasant atmosphere and it may spoil their performance for the audience. Don't forget they may have already encountered some of his behaviour but have not publicised it.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Voila what??? There where times when he still shook and from what Gary said ..Christopher was vomiting before shows due to nerves.. And as for the "rumours" strange really.. If he was such a diva ... How come there has been no video evidence of it..cameras are all around him..
    Why would someone video him acting like a diva ? stop being silly now if they did they probably end up getting in heaps of trouble or even fired I'm sure it was not worth it .
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I loved Jahmene. He was one of my favourites from the start. I didn't take to Christopher. But you (and many others on these boards) are being extremely disingenuous. You can't apply different sets of rules to people dependent on whether you like them or not.

I said it before. Chris is not the devil incarnate. He didn't commit murder and he certainly hasn't done you personally any harm (unless there's something you're not telling us).This level of vitriol towards someone whose only crime was to appear weekly on a soddin' entertainment show (which has now ended, by the way), from not just you but others is utterly appalling

He has his flaws, but so do we all. So don't act as if you're any better than him.

In fact, I would say that those who hurl online abuse at someone for no apparent reason other than listening to and believing rumours and innuendos and who they have never actually encountered in real life are worse than the person they're targeting (and that goes for all who are subject to this kind of behaviour; not just Christopher).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jahmene made a mess of his performances at bootcamp and judges' houses. He was very lucky to be put through and I remember a lot of people on here questioning why he was put through. He was fine during the live shows. So it could be said that he 'changed'. Unfortunately, that doesn't fit with the narrative. Ditto the Rylan 'reaction to getting through' business. I remember the criticism he got on here and in the media for that. Yet oddly, it's Chris who now gets all the flack for his reaction, while Rylan's (and the media/public reaction to it) seems to have conveniently faded from memory.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Rylan embraced the ridiculousness of it and he came up as being actually nice on the live shows.

Chris didn't. He was the nation's favourite, and he blew it. Nothing to do with being disingenuous, I wasn't the only one who started disliking Christopher after the first live show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Rylan embraced the ridiculousness of it and he came up as being actually nice on the live shows.

Chris didn't. He was the nation's favourite, and he blew it. Nothing to do with being disingenuous, I wasn't the only one who started disliking Christopher after the first live show.

Rylan knew full well he had no chance.. And was using the show to get him tv time to promote himself... Christopher was in it to win it.. And the reason people started hating Chris so much was when Louis told the world he was a diva.. Which was unfair as I think it makes people bias towards that person..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, no, no, nothing to do with Louis telling he was a diva. At least not in my case! It was much earlier during the first show. Just search the thread history in this forum, before Week 1 barely anyone was writing anything about him. Come Week 2, and history changes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, no, no, nothing to do with Louis telling he was a diva. At least not in my case! It was much earlier during the first show. Just search the thread history in this forum, before Week 1 barely anyone was writing anything about him. Come Week 2, and history changes.

Fair enough ... Many others only changed towards him once he was portrayed as the devil himself...
  • kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jox1280 wrote: »
    Yes, but they will have to spend a lot of time with Christopher on the tour and it won't be an enjoyable experience for them if there is an unpleasant atmosphere and it may spoil their performance for the audience. Don't forget they may have already encountered some of his behaviour but have not publicised it.

As you say it is all if's and maybe's. In life we meet a lot of people in and out of our workplace that we dont like or get on with but few of us would ostricise, bully or petition for them to be removed. I just think that the whole thing reeks . Personally he is not my cup of tea and I wouldn't buy his records but clearly he appealed to many or he wouldn't have got as far as he did. He hasn't done himself any favours by using foul language at the weekend that is true but is this any reason for not letting him tour. Rylan's behaviour inside and outside the hotel was appalling and bad enoughbfir him to be banned from the hotel permanently yet he was allowed to continue on the show . Seems to be double standards in place imo.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quite sad really. I'm no Christopher fan but I hate the way he's been treated. I mean nothing was Christopher's fault. It was not his fault that he got the votes, but according to some of the comments you would think he was personally responsible for other people being voted off.

Okay..(IMO) he has a good voice but no 'star quality' ...again though.. 'not his fault'. All he did was 'audition for the X Factor' , and, since we live in a free country everyone including your granny has a right to do this. Not his fault that the judges chose to tell him how great he was and put him through to judges houses:confused:. Did you expect him to turn this down and say he didn't want to go through? Tell me one person who has done this.:rolleyes:

You also might say that he's not the best looking guy in the world either and lacks confidence and stage presence. In other words he's just too 'ordinary' looking and not that a great singer, therefore he should never have gone the distance he did on X Factor. The guy had no control over this however and did go the distance...through no fault of his own.

To blame him for getting to the semi finals is really a form of bullying for something he had no control over and is in fact quite an achievement. It's really really nasty to treat someone like this when all he's done is audition for XFactor and been praised by the judges who told him how great he was ...(great enough to be put through to judges houses then selected for 'the peoples vote)... none of this was his fault. (He didn't know that they were lying to him about his 'talent' and really had him selected for 'cannon fodder'.

Being kept in by the public was also outside his control. And when the judges realised that this 'person' whom they considered cannon fodder was actually being 'kept in by the public' they began a campaign of demeaning him as if he had forced his way into the contest and his presence in the line up was 'nothing to do with them'. And the contestants seem to follow the judges' lead and blame him for Ella's departure,as if it was Chris's fault that not enough people voted for her. Then the press started on him and ripped him apart. It's absolutely disgusting because the guy's done nothing wrong. No wonder the guy has lost it a few times being treated like he's been treated. :(
    That's an exceedingly good post.

To go out on stage every week knowing that most of the audience are baying for your blood is absolutely the worst thing that can happen to any performer. It's incredibly difficult to sing/act etc under those conditions. I give credit to the guy for being able to hold his own every week with that sort of reception.

Those responsible for the booing (and undoubtedly it was only a few and then others followed suit like they do in 'mob' situations) should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. It's rude, it's cruel and it says much more about those responsible for it than it does about the target of their villification. Much like on DS.

I wasn't a fan of Christopher. In fact, one of my three favourites won (I was so amazed and very, very pleased). The other finished second and the third went out a couple of weeks before. However, I would never have dreamed of behaving so badly to someone whose only crime was to apply for a show that everyone is free to perform on and be chosen to go through to Judge's Houses, then get chosen by the viewing public to carry on.

Irrespective of what the man is like in real life (and all we hear are rumours and anecdotal evidence from those with an axe to grind and I'm not giving them much credence), he doesn't deserve any of this. He's not the devil incarnate that some are trying to portray him. He's a human being with feelings and emotions.

I think the people in the venues, the gutter press, XF PR machine and some DS posters should put themselves in his shoes for a moment and see how they would like to go through what he has endured from all sides over the last few weeks. I know they wouldn't like it.

A couple of great posts IMO. I've never been a fan of Christopher (hated that type of music back in the 80s!) but I hate the way he's been singled out and treated.

As for talk of him not being on the tour, well, that is disgusting. The guy topped the leader board 7 out of 10 shows! How can TPTB possibly justify him not being there?
    kiteflyer wrote: »
    Agree with everything you say. I see some of the other contestants are campaigning on twitter to have him replaced by kye. They should be ashamed of themselves. What happened at the weekend did not involve any of them.

I agree. It has put me right off them.

Very good point.
    Rylan knew full well he had no chance.. And was using the show to get him tv time to promote himself... Christopher was in it to win it.. And the reason people started hating Chris so much was when Louis told the world he was a diva.. Which was unfair as I think it makes people bias towards that person..

Got it in one. That's when it started IIRC. Louis probably had orders from 'on high' and of course wouldn't hesitate to not do as he's told as he wants to be back next year :rolleyes: Personally I hope he's replaced, fed up of him now!
  • plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member

Just to clarify jahmene was in a band for a months, not years .
    He also only done a handful of gigs in small pubs .
    Every time He performed He was nervous .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is what I mean about people forgetting. Rylan is suddenly 'a nice guy' from day 1, except that wasn't the case. People did dislike him and the X-Factor bods were ready to start their full-on villainisation campaign on him (Carolynne was also in their sights, but she left in the first week). Then, suddenly, they turned on Chris and Rylan was rebranded as 'Mr Nice Guy'.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were stuff flying around before the live shows about him not being a nice person faking his nerves and him attacking people this was when he was actually liked by the majority of the public.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    troy4783 wrote: »
    There were stuff flying around before the live shows about him not being a nice person faking his nerves and him attacking people this was when he was actually liked by the majority of the public.

Rumours and insinuations do not facts make. And are very easy to spread.

I wasn't a fan of Christopher, but I think it's getting very silly now. No-one has indisputable proof of anything he's accused of and until they do it should be 'innocent until proven guilty' (which is the law in this country - but seemingly public opinion doesn't adhere to this. I'd hate for some of the people on DS to be on a jury!).
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    It's wrong. I've never understood why people do it and I feel uncomfortable seeing contestants being subjected to it.

I agree, a certain type of person boos, classless.
  • plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Rumours and insinuations do not facts make. And are very easy to spread.

I wasn't a fan of Christopher, but I think it's getting very silly now. No-one has indisputable proof of anything he's accused of and until they do it should be 'innocent until proven guilty' (which is the law in this country - but seemingly public opinion doesn't adhere to this. I'd hate for some of the people on DS to be on a jury!).

I have proof of lots of things he has done .