Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HYD is still scheduled for April 15 which means they go head to head with Amelia Lily.

Buzzjack have removed LM from 15th April, but have not put them in May 6th (yet)?

I don't think LM would have much competition from Amelia even so imo.
    I like Amelia but PO and SU seem to be very 'shouty' - very harsh, generally :p
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    Buzzjack have removed LM from 15th April, but have not put them in May 6th (yet)?

Manic Kangaroo posted the April date on another forum about an hour ago, so now I'm confused. Edit: The April date is also on the Buzzjack thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://littlemix-news.tumblr.com/post/46684954085/we-loved-chatting-to-our-british-friends

These little girls work for Ellen don't they? I wonder if it was shown or ever will be on her show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellen is in Australia at the moment. Hopefully when LM comes back for album promo they can make an appearance. I bet it would be a hilarious interview.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they try and get a performance for any TV show to help the sales for their Album. I would not be surprised if Columbia has booked them for different shows all the week that they are in America

Edit they don't have anything in the middle of May???

April 6th- Return to UK
    April 22nd/25th - France
    Late April- Europe - France/ Italy
    May - USA
    May 24/26th - Radio Big Weekend??
    June 1st - Leeds summertime ball - University of Leeds University of Hull End of Year ball 7pm-3am

So could we see them spending 2 weeks in America then?

Also:
    July 21st - Access all Eirias, Colwyn Bay, Wales
    July 27- York Racecourse
    August 17/18th - V Festival
    August 31st - Tartan gig - Glasgow

August could they hit up the Teen choice awards......record the album. I'm guessing Syco has already got few songs/demo for them that has been written for them.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the next hour we go from 12AM to 2AM due to going 1 hour ahead for Brittish Summer Time starting.

So will be even futher ahead of USA or will they be an hour closer to us?

Time zones :confused::D
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manic Kangaroo posted the April date on another forum about an hour ago, so now I'm confused. Edit: The April date is also on the Buzzjack thread.

Yep, you're right - sheesh!! it wasn't when I posted :confused:
    am similarly confused :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    In the next hour we go from 12AM to 2AM due to going 1 hour ahead for Brittish Summer Time starting.

So will be even futher ahead of USA or will they be an hour closer to us?

Time zones :confused::D

"Spring forward, Fall back". You will reset to how it was before a few weeks ago. One hour further ahead of the US than currently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This interview !!!

http://www.thebeatjuice.com/read/2013/02/14/960/little-mix-interviewed-via-picknmix/
    Leigh: What do you want from life?

Jesy: A man!

Leigh: [Puts on an American accent] I need a man in my life. Erm, no, what I want from life is…

Jesy: A man! You want a man in your bed, don’t you.

Leigh: That coke is making you delirious. No, I want us to be the best girl band in the world.

Perrie: What are your three favourite words?

My three favourite words are… I have four: Don’t worry, be hippy.

But more words that you like using in general, not necessarily a phrase.

[laughs] Oh. I like the word “pump”. I like the word “bounce”. I like the word “bane” as in, “bane of my life”. So, pump, bounce, bane and also chimney.

Leigh: Do you like the word “moist”?

Jesy: It’s better than lube [laughs for ages].

Perrie: Next!

Jade: I like the word “flange”.

[Everyone laughs]

Jade: What, it’s a pastry isn’t it?

Er, no.

Jesy: I like the word “noonie”!

Jade: Isn’t flange a pastry?

“I’ll have a big flange please”

[Laughs]

Jade: I really didn’t mean to say flange. I thought it was a pastry.

Jade: What does love smell like?

Jesy: Cock [laughs for ages]

Perrie: What did she just say?

Leigh: What did she say!

Jade: She said a rude word.

Jesy: Shock. I said shock.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ L M A O!!! :D

Why wont DS let me write in caps :mad: Had to space the words out lol
    Leigh: Flies don’t have any significance in this world at all. They don’t.

Jesy: Actually they fetch pollen.

Perrie: That’s a bee, my love.

Jesy: But a bee is a fly.

Perrie: No, it really isn’t.

H A H A! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I'm anticipating them announcing that the album has been brought forward a week, possibly due to 'overwhelming demand' but more probably due to conflicts in their schedule.
    It's baffling that they intend to come back to the UK just days before the album drops in North America - surely, this is the most important time during the album campaign?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^I know, they'd be doing a Saturdays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol would they be daring and push it back and have them bring it out in August ?? Then they will be doing a Stooshe :D jk
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    I hope they try and get a performance for any TV show to help the sales for their Album. I would not be surprised if Columbia has booked them for different shows all the week that they are in America

Edit they don't have anything in the middle of May???

April 6th- Return to UK
    April 22nd/25th - France
    Late April- Europe - France/ Italy
    May - USA
    May 24/26th - Radio Big Weekend??
    June 1st - Leeds summertime ball - University of Leeds University of Hull End of Year ball 7pm-3am

So could we see them spending 2 weeks in America then?

Also:
    July 21st - Access all Eirias, Colwyn Bay, Wales
    July 27- York Racecourse
    August 17/18th - V Festival
    August 31st - Tartan gig - Glasgow

August could they hit up the Teen choice awards......record the album. I'm guessing Syco has already got few songs/demo for them that has been written for them.

On the 22nd don't they also have an appearance on The You Generation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »

I don't know I just copied and pasted it from a tumblr blog lol should have sourced it

Edit: I'm sorry I should be keeping tabs on them. But right now I don't even know where they are lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Lol would they be daring and push it back and have them bring it out in August ?? Then they will be doing a Stooshe :D jk

If they push it even further to 2014 they could do an MKS.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    on the mixer magnet events, do u think they will find a big venue to hold these events, take France for example one of there facebook has over 12 thousands fans on it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have arrived in San Francisco this afternoon.

June looks booked up for them.

June 1st - Leeds summertime ball - University of Leeds
    University of Hull End of Year ball 7pm-3am
    June 14th- The Marquee, Cork Ireland
    June 15th- Isle of Wright festival
    June 22nd - North east live, Stadium of light, Sunderland

I guess they could do 10 days in the US the first part of June.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they push it even further to 2014 they could do an MKS.

Hahaha, I got a feeling Album 2 would be clear no other things would get in the way......Unless if they want to go to another country and promote
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »

I thought they were judging the best girlbands ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/music-videos/

The Wings video is back on the iTunes chart at #67. After the song went on sale it disappeared, presumably because people could buy the song, but its come back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if Little Mix can get a slot on Ellen that easily. There was so much demand(spamming the official page, twitter and youtube) for Ellen to get 1D on the show since last March in 2012 and she finally took notice and they got a slot and interviewed after they had already blown up in November 2012. I know Cher got a slot when Want U Back was taking off, but that's because she's with Epic and LM are with Columbia just like 1D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean at all tbh.
    What do you think they are doing that differently from others who try to break america? Radio tours along with accoustic performances were done by Cher, 1D and probably the Wanted as well... They have all worked their asses off to promote their music, whether by supporting other artists on tour in the US, or doing as much promo (radio, TV appearances...) as possible. I like LM, but I really don't see what they are doing so differently from those who came before tbh... Or why they have a better work ethic than the others.

This!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Stally wrote: »
    I'm not sure if Little Mix can get a slot on Ellen that easily. There was so much demand(spamming the official page, twitter and youtube) for Ellen to get 1D on the show since last March in 2012 and she finally took notice and they got a slot and interviewed after they had already blown up in November 2012. I know Cher got a slot when Want U Back was taking off, but that's because she's with Epic and LM are with Columbia just like 1D.

But having said that, Ellen also debuted The Wanted on US television.
    And with the whole 1D thing, I got the feeling that was more down to the boys' schedule rather than Ellen's. They only did about 5 TV appearances for the first album right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix have a slight advantage over Cher Lloyd and 1D: they are a girl group on the rise. Whereas the UK seems to have them coming out of the ears, in the US we really havent had any popular ones in recent years. So they are a more unique story for now. Plus, I can see Ellen being supportive of women in the arts especially if they are underdogs.

And from what I've seen at work, Americans will roll over and play dead for a British accent.
This discussion has been closed.