Options

Should Capaldi have appeared in DOTD?

Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm sorry if this is being discussed in other threads, the forum is so busy I can't keep up!

<caveat>
So firstly - I loved both DOTD and TOTD and I think Capaldis' Cameos were great in both and I am not a Moffat hater, this is just a genuine question as per my title.
</caveat>

So, now that's clear, what I'm saying is: Matt's incarnation really thought his life (and all the Doctors lives) were going to end in TOTD, he had no more regenerations to use. So DID Capaldi "sneak" into 'that scene' in DOTD without Matt noticing (because of excitement) or did Matt just forget about it? It really was great to see Capaldis' hand and his eyes at the time, awesome. But on reflection of how TOTD played out, it actually doesn't make sense really does it or have I missed soemthing?

and yes, as with many of my threads, I know its just a TV show ....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I think it was to give taste and anticipation to a new actor in the long wait until the new series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in the cinema for the 'no sir, all thirteen' reveal.

It was epic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    My guessing is, Smith got very old in TOTD and simply forgot. He got the boy's name wrong at the end so something that happened even further in his past than that is a forgivable slip of the mind. ;-)
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, on one level, it was a real "Woah!" moment for the audience. (And that is actually what I said on first viewing; bit embarrassing.)

But I guess story-wise, all the other Doctors were concentrating on doing their own thing at the time and only the people on Gallifrey were counting the number of TARDIS and were aware of Doctor Scary Stare. :)