The Christmas TV Thread 2010

Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
Forum Member
I know, it's still August (just) but Christmas is less than 4 months away :D.

Anyone know any programmes that have been comfirmed for Christmas 2010?

Comments

• SuperTed1208SuperTed1208 Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Eastenders Emmerdale Corrie Hollyoaks :D
  • ajaaja Posts: 1,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe ITV plan to show "Quantum of Solace".

It'll be the first Bond premiered on Christmas Day in over a decade!
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,598
    Forum Member
    3.10pm X Factor Winners Story
    4.10pm FILM Home Alone
    5.45pm ITV News
    6.00pm Emmerdale
    6.30pm You've Been Framed and put on YouTube
    7.00pm Coronation Street
    7.30pm Mr Bean Christmas Special
    8.00pm Coronation Street
    8.30pm Benidorm Christmas Special
    9.15pm FILM Quantum of Solace
    11.30pm ITV News
    11.40pm I Know What You Ate Last Summer
    Crime thriller starring Dr Gillian McKieth
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morecambe and Wise
    Strictly Come Dancing
    Merlin
    The Queen
    My Family Christmas Special
    Dr Who
    EastEnders
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    King & I
    Sound of Music
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Who
    The Nativity
    Toast
    The Royle Family
    Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special
    Tonight's The Night Christmas Special
    Total Wipeout Celebrity Special
    My Family
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be crap.

Why

Because despite flawed memories claiming the opposite it always is.

A lazy,lazy time for schedulers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    TV schedulers've become lazy full stop. Giove me the money I'm on and I'd be happy to enter the archives.
    Here's my idea for a one off christmas drama
    Another modern take on A Christmas Carol but Scrooge is a backstabbing bureuatwat* who works at the dole/benefits office, has no friends at aLL (not even a DS ACCOUNT), leads such a very sad little life and has such an inadeaqucy complex that he only cares about the rules and stops people's benefits/dole over some very tiny rule and stabbed his mate, Marley in the back to get a promotion. So he hidses behind his job, postion, desk, securtity staff and the rules and gets a kick out of 'only doing his job' and 'its the rules'. Result after the three ghosts of christmas, he gets a life, loosens up and is far more sympathetic.

*a desk based official, usually council, government or benefits official who is so obsessesed with sticking to the rules and 'only doing their job' that they lead such sad little lives, have inadeaqucy and inferiority complexes that they turn into sad ***** with no friends and lives and hiding behind the rules and their positions makes them feel big.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new Poirot feature length episode on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    And dont forget

Digby The Biggest Dog in the world

Wizzard of Oz ( Of course )

The Snowman
  • sjoscinevsjoscinev Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kwales wrote: »

Wizzard of Oz ( Of course )

Is that the version with Roy Wood as The Cowardly Lion ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Smart ass :o)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    The only thing I'm really bothered about is Doctor Who. Not really fussed about what else they show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate Christmas :(
  • chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Christmas :(

Who stars in that?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Don't forget another showing of The Sound of Music and/or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :yawn::sleep:
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Quantum of Solace is shown this year then it won't be on Christmas Day, I reckon in December after The X Factor quarter or semi final and on a Sunday after the results show.

Filmwise, I think it will be Cars, Shrek the Third, Bee Movie, Enchanted, The Golden Compass and Fred Claus for the Christmas period as the big movies of 2007/8 will have premiered already.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    I'm predicting the BBC will network premiere Cars as it's Xmas day movie as it appears to have some sort of deal with Pixar.There will certainly be another big premiere from the BBC,possibly I Am Legend or Iron Man.
    Another Royle Family is a shoo in from what I've read,but I hope the BBC commision a christmas episode of Rev. and show it in decent timeslot.It was a good show and would benefit from some hype - could even become a big thing for the BBC if they let it.

ITV use up all their "big" stuff by early December.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    I'm predicting the BBC will network premiere Cars as it's Xmas day movie as it appears to have some sort of deal with Pixar.There will certainly be another big premiere from the BBC,possibly I Am Legend or Iron Man.
    Another Royle Family is a shoo in from what I've read,but I hope the BBC commision a christmas episode of Rev. and show it in decent timeslot.It was a good show and would benefit from some hype - could even become a big thing for the BBC if they let it.

ITV use up all their "big" stuff by early December.

Not sure if they'll show this Christmas but the BBC have the rights to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and I think on Christmas Eve or Boxing Day would do really well. I Am Legend will likely appear on ITV1 or Five as they have deals with Warner Bros while Iron Man will likely appear on Channel 4 due to their output deal with Paramount.

I reckon it'll be a Cars/Shrek the Third doubleheader on Christmas Day with Enchanted on Christmas Eve.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBC primetime will probably be: Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, EastEnders (60 minutes) and I'm going to take a bet on a Jonathan Creek special.

ITV primetime will probably be: Emmerdale (60 minutes), Coronation Street (60 minutes), Celebrity Cube (or another quiz show of that ilk to be smashed by EastEnders) and Poirot/Marple.

I wish there would be some originality in the Christmas Day schedules but there rarely is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    Not sure if they'll show this Christmas but the BBC have the rights to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and I think on Christmas Eve or Boxing Day would do really well. I Am Legend will likely appear on ITV1 or Five as they have deals with Warner Bros while Iron Man will likely appear on Channel 4 due to their output deal with Paramount.

I reckon it'll be a Cars/Shrek the Third doubleheader on Christmas Day with Enchanted on Christmas Eve.

I think Indiana Jones will get the Boxing Day slot, like Pirates of the Carribbean did last year.

I think the commercial channels will try and get their film premieres out before Christmas Eve. I expect Wednesday 22nd will be used by ITV for a film as it has no soap commitment that night, and is useful filler.
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Doctor Who
    The Nativity
    Toast
    The Royle Family
    Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special
    Tonight's The Night Christmas Special
    Total Wipeout Celebrity Special
    My Family

Miranda Christmas Special has been confirmed.
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    Jonwo wrote: »
    If Quantum of Solace is shown this year then it won't be on Christmas Day, I reckon in December after The X Factor quarter or semi final and on a Sunday after the results show.

Filmwise, I think it will be Cars, Shrek the Third, Bee Movie, Enchanted, The Golden Compass and Fred Claus for the Christmas period as the big movies of 2007/8 will have premiered already.

I think the BBC will go for Cars on Christmas Day and Shrek the Third on Christmas Eve.
  • dream stuffingdream stuffing Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only_You wrote: »
    I know, it's still August (just) but Christmas is less than 4 months away :D.

Anyone know any programmes that have been comfirmed for Christmas 2010?

Dunno really :confused:

I think last year would/will take some beating though ....... :)

I think there should be a Waterloo Road Xmas Special (feature length) ... anyone agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno really :confused:

I think last year would/will take some beating though ....... :)

I think there should be a Waterloo Road Xmas Special (feature length) ... anyone agree

It would be the perfect time to split the series - finish it just before the Christmas break then bring it back in January.