Fifa 11 penalty system

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I still can't get use to it. It's so unrealistic even when you miss it almost bobbles the ball right in the middle so unlike a miskick.

Fifa 10 I'm sure was more realistic I actually get annoyed when I give away a penalty on xbox live and someone doesn't score due to this stupid system.

I have found I miss more than I score. If they must keep that bar where you trigger it atleast make it easier or more realistic and not sky it over the bar like a game of Rugby. In all the years I've played Football games it's the worst system I've seen.

EA should realise don't fix what's not broken. To think they never added new stadiums to mess with good features. Now it's safe to say Fifa 11 was just a pointless update over Fifa 10.

My advice: Go back to Fifa 10. Or if it goes to extra time tick that as end match a draw after that as you won't get a fair result playing a shoot out.

Utter crap EA! :mad:

Comments

• mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    also the Ref's in FIFA 11 (well all FIFA's) are a joke, the amount of fouls given for non fouls is seriously annoying!!! they need to work on that big time!!!
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    also the Ref's in FIFA 11 (well all FIFA's) are a joke, the amount of fouls given for non fouls is seriously annoying!!! they need to work on that big time!!!

Yes they also give out penalties easy. Not sure if it's the way I hit the buttons but you can easily give one away in the box with any tackle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surely the penalty shootout is still fair since both sides are using the same system.
    it might not be easy to use but it is a fairly simple system
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the penalties too. I'll always go for just extra time on xbox live, and just take the abuse that comes with it lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I still can't get the hang of it but I seem to make a lot more saves than I did in FIFA 10 so I guess it works out
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's tricky but not impossible to master. It's like a pat your head and rub your stomach type way of taking penalties. I like it. Adds some much needed skill to them rather than simply relying on luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are actually pretty easy... :confused:

Practice in the arena with the Target thing turned on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is really difficult to master I just preferred the way it was in fifa 10. Why EA decided to change it I will never know.