Miranda series 4

1262728293032»

Comments

• Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please let there be more series!!! Why would you wait so long for the show to become a hit, and now when it has finally achieved that status, stop making it???

I think they'll be more than happy to ride this thing on and on.

It's certainly not great television so there is no danger of ruining anything really special... it's not as if the recycling and re-referencing a lot of the schtick isn't actually part of the schtick anyway... it's never -- as you say, and as is evident by this very thread -- been more popular...

And they are all apparently having a hell of a good time making it...

I'd be surprised if they stopped.
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and it's time to retire 'Heather Small'.

Other than that, I like the series. But it's called Miranda, so let's focus on Miranda.

Never! I love the Heather Small moments!

And I half agree about focussing on Miranda. Only half cos I actually think Stevie is funnier and less forced than Miranda so I love her bits each episode too.

And I really hope there is more to come but I saw an interview with Tom Ellis where he gave the impression there will be no more :cry:
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    alsmama wrote: »

And I half agree about focussing on Miranda. Only half cos I actually think Stevie is funnier and less forced than Miranda so I love her bits each episode too.

And I really hope there is more to come but I saw an interview with Tom Ellis where he gave the impression there will be no more :cry:

I think he sees it very much as a cash-cow.
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but he's looked really uncomfortable in this 4th series.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    IMHO there'll be a special and she'll marry Mike
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngusMast wrote: »

Yes, that would work.

If she married Gary it becomes a bit like Niles and Daphne in 'Frazier'.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    me too, makes me chuckle loudly:D
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

what about that guy the other week that had no name, he might ask her too?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Noooooo! She can't, she doesn't love him.
    gboy wrote: »
    Yes, that would work.

If she married Gary it becomes a bit like Niles and Daphne in 'Frazier'.

You say that like it's a bad thing!
    sandydune wrote: »

He was gay wasn't he?!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »

He was gay wasn't he?!

You mean the customer who got completely swept up in the events of the episode???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    You mean the customer who got completely swept up in the events of the episode???

Yes, I'm sure he said at one point he was gay so he is unlikey to propose to Miranda but you never know!
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm sure he said at one point he was gay so he is unlikey to propose to Miranda but you never know!

He appeared in the first series in the episode where Miranda pretended to be a lesbian to stop her mother from setting her up with Edmund Dettori.

I thoroughly enjoyed this series - although episode 2 was patchy in quality - and I do hope that there will be a fourth series. I don't agree that there is nobody else for the show to go. There's a whole series about Miranda dating Gary or Mike and another one where they can plan the wedding. Miranda being a mum would be fun to watch too.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D I'd have to draw the line at her being a mum. Babies are never good for any show.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Shame that this thread was abandoned only two days after the series ended. Miss Miranda now! ;)
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is another series or even a one off speacial then I hope it will have a happy conclusion with Miranda marrying Gary. I am not a fan of Mike and it would be pointless for her to be marrying him. Why some people think she should be with Mike is beyond me. I hope there will be another series as I am missing it already even though I recorded the entire third series. Monday nights won't be same anymore. : (
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is another series or even a one off speacial then I hope it will have a happy conclusion with Miranda marrying Gary. I am not a fan of Mike and it would be pointless for her to be marrying him. Why some people think she should be with Mike is beyond me. I hope there will be another series as I am missing it already even though I recorded the entire third series. Monday nights won't be same anymore. : (

Completely agree all round.
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has already said that she did not love Mike that it was Gary she loved. So I would hope she would marry Gary.:)
  • BakervichBakervich Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There has to be more episodes!

I love Miranda, this series was not as good as 1 or 2 but still Such Fun!
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,149
    Forum Member
    Not strictly series 3, but there is a repeat of Miranda on BBC One at 8:30pm today, just to let you know. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this. Which one? :)
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,149
    Forum Member
    Nine-Nine wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Which one? :)

"Dog" (series 1). :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    "Dog" (series 1). :)

Thanks. I like that one, especially when they stay at the park till dark and are locked in;

Miranda: "One of us should really be heading back to the shop..."
    Stevie: "Well it's not going to be me..."
    Miranda: "We'll your the manager its not going to be me."

8 hours later...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I saw this float up in the threads and started doing a little happy dance... only to see it's not a new series... but Miranda as a repeat is also a cause for celebration.

I was so all pumped, tho'.

Does anyone know? Will there be another series?
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Is anyone watching Series 3 repeats? Every Friday night on BBC One.

Apparently there will be no series 4 until ar least 2015... The tour caused it... Whose proposal will Miranda accept?!

By Aitumn 2015, surely no one will remember the cliffhanher! :P
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miranda has confirmed that her show will come to an end with 2 Christmas specials.