Options

Has a person ever came up to you and said something that creeped you out?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
Forum Member
A few months back a random man came up to me and said "I smell death on you" I think he was a bit ill but it still creeped me out a bit. :eek:

Comments

• Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on the tube a couple of days ago asked for my number.

First time anything like that had ever happened so I immediately thought "this is creepy".
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once suggested to a customer in my shop to perhaps remove his crash helmet, because I couldn't hear what he was saying properly. He replied, and very clearly, "I'm not a rapist you know".

That was creepy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Someone on the tube a couple of days ago asked for my number.

First time anything like that had ever happened so I immediately thought "this is creepy".

Wait until you have someone accost you in the street. It's all the rage apparently and the best place to pick up the chicks.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To my friend and I, walking the walls in Chester:
    "I am stealing your souls."
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in the supermarket the other day and a young child kept calling me daddy.

His mother (i presume) just stood there smiling at me.
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in a taxi with my 27 year old daughter when the taxi driver turned round and asked me how much would I give him to kidnap her!

As she is a really nice daughter, I said that I would prefer to keep her, but thought what a weird thing to ask!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »

That happened to me a few weeks back :D

I was doing my shopping when I walked past a white girl with a mixed-race child. He pointed at me and said "daddy!" I was like WTF!

About half a minute later, another black guy walked past and the kid pointed at him and said - "daddy!". He wasn't the Dad either haa haa
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me, but my sister was out with her friend one day and a lady in a niqab came out from nowhere and said "This.... This is for you", flipped her the bird and walked off!
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a random bloke come up to me and my kids as we were walking home from school, open his jacket and ask if I wanted to see his new knife he'd got for for gutting fish!

I was more than a little concerned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister once said "you're my brother". :p

Nah, I joke... :D
  • Options
    sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My niece went to Uni in Chester, she also came across the soul stealer mentioned by Hogzilla.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst walking down a busy street a man walking past me whispered in my ear " I am going to strangle you" and then kept walking. I sort of stood still and watched him walk away, not once did he turn around to look at me. Mind you this was a few years ago maybe 6/7 years ago. I was quiet young.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A while ago I was walking through the crowded entrance lobby of my local hospital when an old man stopped in his tracks, pointed at me and let out a long, zombie like, scream. I was mortified and everyone in the lobby stopped to look. He was being helped to walk by two relatives who shuffled him away, still pointing at me, still screaming. :blush:
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Return to whence you came, unclean child!"

From an elderly smartly-dressed woman outside Witham or Kelvedon train station when I was a kid. She paced back and forth outside the station, watching me intensely, while I waited at a bus stop further down the road. I was so relieved when the bus arrived. I was about ten.

Edit: To be honest, for years, I wondered if she had said 'to' as I couldn't remember whether she said it or not. Weird things we fret over.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many years ago when my son was a toddler, a man stopped me in our village and asked for money for a phone call. I genuinely didn;t have any (I probably wouldn;t have given him any even if I had though!) and he glared and me and said "I hope your baby dies of cancer"

I know word mean nothing but it was still really upsetting :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was walking through town with my two blonde friends. An old mad called out to them saying "come into my web, yellow heads".
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was sitting in the car in a rest stop about a year ago eating a roll I had got from the local shop - this really old lad came over asking did I have a lighter for his cigarette ... I didn't and the car one was missing so said no - he then asked can he sit in to talk :o ....

.. I swear to god I was never so freaked out - I just looked at him, started the car and drove away - Ah now I just eat it in the forecourt of the garage, some very wierd people out there :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first driving instructor asked me if I knew where we where while I was driving. As I wasn't sure I said "no" and he laughed and said "I could do anything with you couldn't I?"... :o I think it was just a really dumb joke but it was bloody creepy. I was glad to get home after that lesson!
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    My first driving instructor asked me if I knew where we where while I was driving. As I wasn't sure I said "no" and he laughed and said "I could do anything with you couldn't I?"... :o I think it was just a really dumb joke but it was bloody creepy. I was glad to get home after that lesson!
    Haha that is very wierd, I would have freaked out :p
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was out walking my dog when this man wished me a very happy birthday, and wouldn't accept the fact it wasn't my birthday and my name wasn't Margaret. In the end, I agreed I was Margaret, and I was having a very happy birthday, just to get him to stop talking to me. I really wished my dog was a Doberman and not a Jack Russell.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I work with an Asian guy who once said he doesn't let his wife out the house alone.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelts wrote: »
    My niece went to Uni in Chester, she also came across the soul stealer mentioned by Hogzilla.

You're kidding? I thought he was a random druggie! So he spent his life stealing souls on the wall! Who'd have thunk it?

I'm much less creeped out now I know that, so cheers. :)

Another one that happened to me once, when shopping in a Tesco's in Essex - an elderly man walked up to me and the person I was with and shouted, almost in our faces, "Jews!" and then walked off. The person I was with did happen to be part Jewish, not me though.:D
  • Options
    AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »

My two year old calls every man he sees daddy. If they look a bit older he calls them grandad.
  • Options
    saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in town one day when a gypsy woman stopped me and asked me to buy some of her lucky heather.
    I said no and walked away.
    She followed me shouting,"You shouldn't have been a teacher. You should have been a travel agent."
    Really freaked me out as I am a teacher...but there is no way she could have known that!
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One that springs to mind is someone stopping me to ask for directions, me answering, being very polite and answering their question and them preceding to ask me for my number, walking with me for a while. On its own, this doesn't sound creepy, but his persistence really disturbed me.

Whilst I was at university, I worked in the uni library, maintaining the IT equipment and that kind of thing. One of our jobs at the beginning and end our shift was to re-fill the printers with paper, and just as I was filling up one of the printers, one gentlemen came into the hub and started chatting with me. Out of the blue he came out with the fact that he'd "like to have a relationship with someone like you", and persistently asked me for my number, where I lived, even after I told him I was engaged (the truth). One of the only times I ever felt intimidated on campus.