Options

Come Dine With Me 2008 Series

SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
Forum Member
I just can't wait.

72 new programmes, the first 22 of which are scheduled now for this season.

8.00pm Channel 4 Thursday Nights, starting Thursday 10th April.

An hour long show each week, showing four dinner parties in one programme :)

LINK

Obviously at the moment, the website is still showing information about the shows being screened now
Come Dine With Me Website

Comments

• Options
    maleesemaleese Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Solar

I am a huge Come Dine With me fan - I love Dave Lamb too..BUT it wasn't broke why have they fixed it? I liked the day timeness of it and the five daily versions. I will watch it with an open mind though....
  • Options
    MoxieMoxie Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, I'm a huge fan too and am enjoying the current reruns. But I agree with maleese, the current format works so why change it? But having said that, I will be watching!
  • Options
    ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great news, I love this show and have no means of recording it when im at work! :D

So will there just be four contestants each show, and just 1 show a week? :confused:
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant wait. I suppose 1 hour is better than nothing, but we wont get to know them in quite the same way.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I agree with the 'not broke, don't fix it' opinion. I'll still watch, but the full week gave you the chance to get to know people, and the various fueds that erupted. We'd have never quite appreciated the madness of Annette from Cardiff if it was all crammed into an hour.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    So glad it's getting a primetime viewing as I miss them all while at work, I really enjoyed when they had it on Sunday evenings a while back. This will be such a treat :)
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    I hope they do a one hour show in the week then show the four seperate edited down shows on more4 at the weekend, or something.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last. They seem to have been showing repeats for months.

I prefer the daytime format though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Thank you, SolarSail! You've made my day! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great news. i did hear on here though that c4 has also commisioned a new series of the daytime version as well.
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    I love CDWM but it is one of my "guilty pleasures" and one of my secret programmes that I like to watch ON MY OWN, SHARING IT WITH NO ONE!!!!

so I am feeling really hurt now it will be on at 8.00 :cry: - I bet en famille will gather around the tellybox and watch it with me, and as much as I lurve my family, there are times when I just want a bit of "me time" and a cup of tea, a choccy biccy and CDWM is the perfect solution to wind down after a days work and the school run.......

it won't be the same I'll tell ya!

it won't be the same......you mark my words.....

*shakes head disappointedly :cry::( *
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm thinking that they'll record as per usual, and it'll be edited down for the hour long show. I used to like the Sunday show too :) all in one go suits us as it's just the two of us watching in the evening, no junior members of the family wanting to gather round here ;)

That way they could run true to past form and rehash in every which way to get maximum mileage out of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Wow, that's ace news! I've pretty much seen every episode twice.

I agree, do prefer the shorter multiple episodes, but the long ones are fine, and there's less repetition.

Woo CDMW! :D
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Wow, that's ace news! I've pretty much seen every episode twice.

I agree, do prefer the shorter multiple episodes, but the long ones are fine, and there's less repetition.

Woo CDMW! :D
    Much as I like the longer shows, I agree there's too much repetition at times
    Great news that it's back - CDWM rocks!:D
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I may be watching. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wont repeat what I said in the other thread here but I'll be watching and hoping it'll still be as good.
  • Options
    GinaGoldGinaGold Posts: 14,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to watching this new series as well.

The Radio Times says it will be a celebrity episode with, Tamara Beckwith, MC Harvey, Lynsey de Paul and Jonathon Ansell.

I wonder who will win. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    I'll be watching too. I share the reservations about it being changed to a 1 hour show, but as long as they don't do what many other shows - which seem to be catering for lobotomised goldfish - do at the moment, with constant reminders of who everyone is and why they're on the show after each advert, then it just might work. :)
  • Options
    rosieeeerosieeee Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be watching too. I share the reservations about it being changed to a 1 hour show, but as long as they don't do what many other shows - which seem to be catering for lobotomised goldfish - do at the moment, with constant reminders of who everyone is and why they're on the show after each advert, then it just might work. :)

I am so pleased that it is being shown in the evening as I rarely get to watch the day shows as I am in work. I have to scrabble around finding it 'on demand' or repeat showings and I often miss episodes. However I agree that although showing four in one hour is good for less repetition - the show works in the format it is in now - I just hope that it's success doesn't ruin it - they don't need to make it more sensational or anything - the normal competitiveness and simplicity of the show just totally works - can't wait though! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I think I may be watching. :D:D:D

Gemo, I'd been hoping you would have watched Recipe for Success on BBC2, that was only a 4 week series, and they really messed about with the timings in this final week :rolleyes:

I started a thread on here but no one seemed to be catching up, although there was a small(ish) but happy band of posters on the Beeb board.

Looking forward to another series that we can get our teeth into on here (no pun intended :D)

Great British Menu gets cracking next week, after the regional heats, so maybe that will take off a bit more too?
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosieeee wrote: »
    I am so pleased that it is being shown in the evening as I rarely get to watch the day shows as I am in work. I have to scrabble around finding it 'on demand' or repeat showings and I often miss episodes. However I agree that although showing four in one hour is good for less repetition - the show works in the format it is in now - I just hope that it's success doesn't ruin it - they don't need to make it more sensational or anything - the normal competitiveness and simplicity of the show just totally works - can't wait though! :)
    Don't you have a video, DVD recorder or TV tuner on your PC?
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Gemo, I'd been hoping you would have watched Recipe for Success on BBC2, that was only a 4 week series, and they really messed about with the timings in this final week :rolleyes:

I started a thread on here but no one seemed to be catching up, although there was a small(ish) but happy band of posters on the Beeb board.

Looking forward to another series that we can get our teeth into on here (no pun intended :D)

Great British Menu gets cracking next week, after the regional heats, so maybe that will take off a bit more too?

I haven't seen Recipe for Success.

I'm not watching Great British Menu either because the Scottish region doesn't show the programme on Thursday and has two shows on Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually I thought of you when they showed the last couple of episodes of Recipe for Success, as I said they messed it around terribly, moving it from 5.15 to 2.15 so that they could show third time (at least) repeats of Escape to the Country :yawn:

Then there was nothing on Thursday at all, and yesterday it was a double bill from half one :rolleyes:

As if that wasn't bad enough, they then changed it for Scots viewers, as I think they broadcast Holyrood Live? :confused:

It's not so bad if it's reruns a la Come Dine With Me, but a new show? it made no sense at all.
  • Options
    rosieeeerosieeee Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you have a video, DVD recorder or TV tuner on your PC?

yes I've got a dvd recorder but I never seem to catch when it is on! It is on 4, More and Discovery realtime at times so it gets a bit confusing - also they changed the time the last time I set it up to record and I had countdown!!! :D
  • Options
    linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me the winner of this week's? I missed yesterday's when it was Chyna's turn and it's not on catch up.