Options

Um, WHY are N-Dubz so successful!!????

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    They've been together since they were like 9 or 13, really young anyways.
    They're about 19-21 now I think.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can honestly say I dont get the appeal with this band. When I was in sixth form they drove past our school looking for people to be in their video and people literally went crazy. I was more like who are you??? Heard their first song and its really not my thing. I'm in uni now, so really can't understand how this band have survived for so long.

I thought you had to be intelligent to go to uni:confused: Surely then you can see that they would have an appeal to a certain type of person even if that isnt you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »

I thought you had to be intelligent to go to uni:confused: Surely then you can see that they would have an appeal to a certain type of person even if that isnt you.

I am intelligent. I see what your saying, I guess I just worded it wrong. I guess I'm just saying that in my opinion they are rubbish so I cant see why they have survived so long. But I guess they do appeal to little kids of today. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im 17 and I despise them!
    However my cousin who is also 17 and my 14 year old sister (Both borderline chavs love them and both brought there album after xmas.
    I almost wanted to cry!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to them for earning their success. They obviously have worked hard for it..

However I to can't see the appeal. That guy with the silly hat to my ears has one of the most annoying, whiney voices ive ever heard. I also find it strange how their album has gone platinum yet I can't say ive really heard them on the radio much or seen there music videos on tv. I assume it must be word of mouth around schools. It's like the 'cool' thing to listen to probably.

Really not my cup of tea but I respect that obviously some people do enjoy them.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am intelligent. I see what your saying, I guess I just worded it wrong. I guess I'm just saying that in my opinion they are rubbish so I cant see why they have survived so long. But I guess they do appeal to little kids of today. :p

Thankyou! I think LOADS of bands and singers are rubbish, but in a vast world like this when everyone is different, I understand that one mans meat is another mans poison.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    There is a huge market for N-Dubz style music, Teenagers!

I heard about their Pappa video on YouTube before I'd even heard their song on the radio or anywhere else.

Blame it on YouTube :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "see i don't understand how (they're) number one" :p(still are in irland)and why does n-dubz get the number one when only dappy has vocals in that song:confused:
  • Options
    unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You dont have to be a chav to like them, I am Goth-ish and really like them. People just need to accept that they are different. They have some really good songs like Love for my slum, better not waste my time, sex, papa can you here me, dont get nine, and defeat you.
  • Options
    LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    I like them. Catchy songs and seem like good people. They've done good for themselves.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a fan, but each to their own I guess.
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Is this the group where one man wears a hat in a way that does NOT look cool, oh and wears that stupid wool hat too in the same video. The lanky one prancing around the main singer, while looking like a complete moron?

Ah, the song Number 1 is the track video I watched on television.
  • Options
    Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I'd say this sort of music isn't my thing, and I resisted as best I could, but I've got to admit that I find myself singing along and enjoying myself when their songs are on the radio. When you strip away the image, and look beyond the musical genre, there are some strong melodies with catchy hooks.

They are also surprisingly entertaining once you get over the shock of Dappy!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    The Kids love them!

Not all of us...
    They're horrendous, I can understand that some people like them, not why, but I understand they do. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moonbaby wrote: »
    I'd never heard of them until I read about them on here. Ive never heard their music played on the music channels or on the radio.

Their hats make them look like East 17 circa 1994

I wonder if they wear their jeans on back to front as well???:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    They're not really my thing, but I can see their appeal. Their songs are quite simple but catchy.
    I love that the lyrics to their number 1 single went "I don't understand how you're number one..." Was thinking the same myself! :p
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case anyone was unclear, it was actually Tinchy Stryder who had the number one single - Dappy was just a featured artist on it.

It was released as "Tinchy Stryder featuring N' Dubz" though ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ajay14 wrote: »
    Not all of us...
    They're horrendous, I can understand that some people like them, not why, but I understand they do. :p

don't forget we live in a country that can make Mr Blobby, Fast Food Rockers & Crazy Frog all reach the top spot and also big hits out of the Cheeky Girls & The Power Rangers single! which is rather funny to know the latter was produced by Simon Cowell, which i found funny to learn! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    watched them on this morning cringing while i was watching, jesus if these guys can make a living singing theres hope for my gran ,appaling especially the geek in the hat trying to sing,fkin hell wot were this morning producers thinking about
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    N-Dubz are successful because they have lots of fans who enjoy their music. I'm not a big fan of them myself, but this thread is a perfect example of 'music snobbery'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never ever thought n-dubz, were successful, what critieria makes them successful
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never ever thought n-dubz, were successful, what critieria makes them successful

Their album sales and and their up-coming arena tour might be a good place to start. Many people can't stand them (I'm meh on them) but they've done well for themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BP4L wrote: »
    Their album sales for starters.

So a platnuim album makes someone successful, is that all you have to do nowadays, its when artists start selling 20+ million albums they get successful in my eyes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a platnuim album makes someone successful, is that all you have to do nowadays, its when artists start selling 20+ million albums they get successful in my eyes.

Yes of course a Platinum albums makes someone success. What a silly, no stupid thought pattern you have. When someone sells 20 plus albums (who's done that recently then?) they became mega success, which N-Dubz are not.

Lady Gaga hasn't sold 20 million albums, is she not successful with your silly reasoning?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BP4L wrote: »
    Yes of course a Platinum albums makes someone success. What a silly, no stupid thought pattern you have. When someone sells 20 plus albums (who's done that recently then?) they became mega success, which N-Dubz are not.

Lady Gaga hasn't sold 20 million albums, is she not successful with your silly reasoning?

Obviously your views on successful are a lot different to mine.
    Success is earned over a period of time, I would call N-dubz popular.