The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So thats Sarah ,eyes are remarkable.

Hey, Mattadore they are an item now(learned from reading that she's waiting of picture like this) Did you went to see his tour?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clip of Amazing at Big Gig - his voice just fills that whole arena :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIQn3itDYhY

What a great singing voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member

Lovely pics from the Afterparty :D Thanks for posting Toasted
    Whatever happens we shouldn't let others make us feel bad. We are a happy little crew in here and should stay that way despite any provocation.

I agree :) I did feel a bit down last night after reading a certain thread on the MF which is still there which was my mistake :(
    Best to look forwards not back in my book and we do indeed have much to look forward to I feel :)

Morning all :)

Definitely best to look forward :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    Here are some YTs of David Gray performing at Hotel Cafe - they give you a feel for the kind of place it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50NCiFlYj3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly5dDFIhH_4&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUea0d9EFpE

Looks like an ideal place for intimate acoustic performances.

Also picked out this narrative from a website referring to the place.

"The Hotel Cafe is a great underground music spot. There's a lot of up and coming bands that play styles such as acoustic and rock. It's a super hip venue to sit back and relax in a dark and down to earth atmosphere. Also, if you get a chance to gen an invite into the green room then jump on it. People like Katy Perry have been known to be spotted back there"

This venue is ideal for Matt's acoustic set. The Americans are going to love him :D I'm glad some videos are appearing on utube as the venue say that no filming is allowed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I begin to wonder now what the posters on MF will say about the Hotel Cafe appearance.

Let's be calme and do some inhale exhale excercise thing to avoid the HB pressure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenJ wrote: »
    This venue is ideal for Matt's acoustic set. The Americans are going to love him :D I'm glad some videos are appearing on utube as the venue say that no filming is allowed.

How about to request to make it live through his vevo channel in yt as some artist do,but how and whom to contact to.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Ok - I know I am being very anal now, looking up details for a venue I can't afford to go to (flights not entrance price) but I have just read a load of reviews for Hotel Cafe and it sounds just my sort of place. I really wish I could go to this, to experience the venue as much as Matt. It looks like you can stand there if you can't get a seat. Here's the link to the reviews.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/hotel-caf%C3%A9-los-angeles-2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok - I know I am being very anal now, looking up details for a venue I can't afford to go to (flights not entrance price) but I have just read a load of reviews for Hotel Cafe and it sounds just my sort of place. I really wish I could go to this, to experience the venue as much as Matt. It looks like you can stand there if you can't get a seat. Here's the link to the reviews.

Seems that US airways is the cheapest at 555Euros and AirCanada at 581
    Forum Member
    megamatt wrote: »
    Seems that US airways is the cheapest at 555Euros and AirCanada at 581

I can't afford it - and my family really would think I had lost the plot, flying that far for a 45 mins set.:)
    Forum Member
    Anyone read the FAQs on their website - funniest questions and answers I have ever read for a FAQs section of a website. They have a great sense of humour.

http://www.hotelcafe.com/faq.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The venue in LA looks wonderful - nice to dream but impossible to go there as well. Still got a massive credit card bill to pay off from last month!!

Spent a happy lunch break starting a YT playlist of live performances. This user has a good number from Hammersmith though seems to be missing Walking on Water, Slowly, Lost and Found and Pull Me Under. Here's Beat of a Breaking Heart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWIxguCGMfQ&feature=relmfu I still found myself willing him on during FT even though I know he does, somehow, make it to the end!!

*Sigh* back to work I go ... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let"s make a shout out to the posters from the US;

CalamityMel
    MsScuda
    anymore?

Matt will be there in May Yuuuhooo are you hearing it,hello.
  • chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    let me just add my two penneth worth to yesterday's discussion...

Both musically and in terms of management/image, it seems Matt has been pulled in two different directions - slick pop heart-throb on the SYCO/Modest side vs. serious rock-influenced musician (who happens to be sexy) on the Columbia side. Until the split with Modest, the former seemed to be winning out (case in point being the Sarah situation - Matt not being allowed to admit he had a girlfriend as though his fans would throw themselves off the nearest bridge should they find out :rolleyes:). With Modest out of the way, the balance has been reset - I believe Will understands Matt quite well and would have been frustrated at being unable to do the "real" Matt justice.

It's clear from the signals we've been given from Matt himself and from speaking to his Musical Director that lessons have been learned from the Letters experience and album number two will be less finely polished.

Finally, a little note about Diversity, who also "mysteriously disappeared" from the Modest roster in a similar time frame. I don't think Modest really knew what to do with them and they have been far better off without Modest - they're now managed by Ashley and Jordan's mum, who had been their manager previously. They've since gone from strength to strength with projects that really fit with who they are - a positive move by all accounts. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone read the FAQs on their website - funniest questions and answers I have ever read for a FAQs section of a website. They have a great sense of humour.

That's funny or should i say hilarious.
  • piebaldladypiebaldlady Posts: 5,249
    Forum Member
    Fair comments indeed CHOSEN, from whichever way you look at it, Matt is indeed on a diff path...having toned down on album1 compared to some of his previous works n lyrics, I will be most interested to see the diff with the new music to come :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They are hilarious:D This place has taken me on a trip down memory lane. I used to love going to the 606 Club in London as my ex was a jazz musician who used to play there. Haven't been there in about 14 years but I just went looking for their website because I imagined the ambiance of Hotel Cafe to be similar to what I experienced there even though it's a jazz club it has a really intimate feel and just loaded with musicality.
    http://www.606club.co.uk/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    let me just add my two penneth worth to yesterday's discussion...

Both musically and in terms of management/image, it seems Matt has been pulled in two different directions - slick pop heart-throb on the SYCO/Modest side vs. serious rock-influenced musician (who happens to be sexy) on the Columbia side. Until the split with Modest, the former seemed to be winning out (case in point being the Sarah situation - Matt not being allowed to admit he had a girlfriend as though his fans would throw themselves off the nearest bridge should they find out :rolleyes:). With Modest out of the way, the balance has been reset - I believe Will understands Matt quite well and would have been frustrated at being unable to do the "real" Matt justice.

It's clear from the signals we've been given from Matt himself and from speaking to his Musical Director that lessons have been learned from the Letters experience and album number two will be less finely polished.

Finally, a little note about Diversity, who also "mysteriously disappeared" from the Modest roster in a similar time frame. I don't think Modest really knew what to do with them and they have been far better off without Modest - they're now managed by Ashley and Jordan's mum, who had been their manager previously. They've since gone from strength to strength with projects that really fit with who they are - a positive move by all accounts. :D

By March last year when i noticed that less people are following his Twitter and FB page or should i say unfollowing him,(reading about this thread back,and saw that this time last year that Sarah begun to be revealed as his gf) and became stagnant.
  • sorlosorlo Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hey peeps, just de-lurking to give my opinion on this gig. Being that Hotel Cafe is a small venue (165 capacity?), it's best if we allow the US guys enjoy this. Don't you guys want him to have maximum exposure? Imagine what's it like if one of those who's unable to get a ticket turns out to be someone in the business ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorlo wrote: »
    Hey peeps, just de-lurking to give my opinion on this gig. Being that Hotel Cafe is a small venue (165 capacity?), it's best if we allow the US guys enjoy this. Don't you guys want him to have maximum exposure? Imagine what's it like if one of those who's unable to get a ticket turns out to be someone in the business ...

It appears to be frequented by influential people:)
    Forum Member

I don't think anyone is actually seriously considering going - just a fantasy! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like the editor of Rolling Stone Mag? for example not L A Reid of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Give me strength....

:confused:
    Forum Member
    Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Give me strength....

:confused:

probably at the airport :p
  • sorlosorlo Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone is actually seriously considering going - just a fantasy! :p

You never know :p
    Forum Member

brilliant - got the feeling halfway through that Ali could have written them! :p:D
This discussion has been closed.