Options

All last years contestants have flopped??

Rye_Alexander1Rye_Alexander1 Posts: 160
Forum Member
Where is Nicholas wherer he Tamara s music and luke friend ect

Comments

• Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicholas had an album of covers that charted at like #6 (well he had about 2 or 3 original songs on it I think?) but recently he has just been doing small gigs here and there.

Tamera is signed to Syco and recording her debut album and Luke Friend is recording and I think he may also be signed to Syco but don't quote me on that as I'm not sure!

Rough Copy released a single that tanked. The music video for it was pretty ghastly too....they always wear horrible outfits!

Sam Callahan is doing random gigs around the country (dno who is paying to see him!)

Sam Bailey had #1 album that actually sold well and her tour in January is near sell out in auditoriums and theatres but she's on break right now as she's about to have a baby :)
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate when people make these threads writing off contestants who haven't even released any music yet, as pointed out Tamera is signed to Syco and is recording and Luke is signed aswell, though I don't know if its known who he is signed to, I am sure its a sony label though.

Sam Bailey had a successful album and if she hadn't fallen pregnant I wouldn't have been surprised if she was supposed to have a follow up album in time for the live shows this year, those plans have probably changed though.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too early for this post. Wait for December or something
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera and Luke will likely do well. Syco is more interested in developing them because they have more potential. Personally I'll be much more interested in their music than anyone else from the last few series except Ella.

Sam Bailey did decently. She sold plenty of albums to her demographic which is what everyone expected.

Nick flopped (duh) but that won't stop the public voting rabidly for the next bland, young male act served up to them in the upcoming series.

Rough Copy, well tbh they were total cringe on the show so it's fitting that their music was equally naff. "Streetlove" was the name of their single, embarrassing rubbish.
  • Options
    DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't rule nobody out yet. Ella took her time and smashed!
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera has a development deal. She won't be releasing anything until 2015 like Ella.
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming Sam will have a Christmas album out this year.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Tamera has a development deal with Syco, then my god she could be in for a rough ride. They could have her tied to them for a good few years. Possibly the worst label to be tied to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke has signed with Sony and is the process of writing his debut album and single which will be out end of September.He is taking his time and writing with some brilliant people.So maybe wait till he has music out before you call him a flop.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kangroo4 wrote: »
    Luke has signed with Sony and is the process of writing his debut album and single which will be out end of September.He is taking his time and writing with some brilliant people.So maybe wait till he has music out before you call him a flop.

I hope he's invited for a guest spot in the new series :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I hope he's invited for a guest spot in the new series :)

Same :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke is signed to Sony. He will do great if he gets the right promo and is his label treats him like an artist rather than just a former X Factor contestant.
  • Options
    daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi released 2 or 3 singles
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HughOS wrote: »
    Tamera and Luke will likely do well. Syco is more interested in developing them because they have more potential. Personally I'll be much more interested in their music than anyone else from the last few series except Ella.

Sam Bailey did decently. She sold plenty of albums to her demographic which is what everyone expected.

Nick flopped (duh) but that won't stop the public voting rabidly for the next bland, young male act served up to them in the upcoming series.

Rough Copy, well tbh they were total cringe on the show so it's fitting that their music was equally naff. "Streetlove" was the name of their single, embarrassing rubbish.

Agreed with you regarding Sam B, Nick, Tamera and Luke. I liked RC but yeah their Streetlove song was CRAP!!
  • Options
    lazy marelazy mare Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    It was a terrible series.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The finalists were rubbish compared to previous years .
  • Options
    Rye_Alexander1Rye_Alexander1 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    The finalists were rubbish compared to previous years .

I agree
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The word 'flop' is thrown around these forums too much. Tamara and Luke haven't even released any music yet. Sam Bailey had a number 1 album so thats hardly under performing either
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, Luke was signed ? I don't even see any article about it at all ..

I doubt only Tamera will be the only one to top the chart or at least Top 10 for debut single ..
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll give them a chance but none of them are going to do brilliantly, a couple of them might have a couple of top 10s but will all be forgotten in 5 years time but I might be proved wrong :)

Defiantly had better talent in previous series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milkita wrote: »
    Wait, Luke was signed ? I don't even see any article about it at all ..

I doubt only Tamera will be the only one to top the chart or at least Top 10 for debut single ..

Luke has been signed to Sony ,it has been kept low key though ,not sure why.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    The word 'flop' is thrown around these forums too much. Tamara and Luke haven't even released any music yet. Sam Bailey had a number 1 album so thats hardly under performing either

When she comes back from her pregnancy the voters will have moved on to someone else