Gary Busey is not right in the head

2»

Comments

• MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has what I would call 'Ozzy syndrome' ;-)

Like Ozzy Osbourne - might be clean now BUT all the years of drink and drugs have left their hallmark. PLUS old age doesn't help matters
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    He is also very deaf as I understand it - possibly to do with the accident ?

I didnt know about his deaf disability he doesnt have a hearing aid so I thought he was not right upstairs
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I didnt know about his deaf disability he doesnt have a hearing aid so I thought he was not right upstairs

I suppose, technically speaking ;-) being deaf is being 'not right upstairs'. People are usually more kind and considerate in how they describe it but then again they usually are when describing possible mental health issues too.

Gary has been working on Reality TV for quite some time now and he is an eccentric and an absolute hoot.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    He's an ex drug addict and alcoholic. However he is extremely bright and has a dry sense of humour. People should not underestimate him.

I would hope to agree, however, he did sem to be very bewildered! I hope he comes into his own when things settle down and less noisy. I think the combination of noise and not understanding accents caused him problems last night.

Can't wait to hear him talking in the diary room.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose, technically speaking ;-) being deaf is being 'not right upstairs'. People are usually more kind and considerate in how they describe it but then again they usually are when describing possible mental health issues too.

Gary has been working on Reality TV for quite some time now and he is an eccentric and an absolute hoot.

I will give him a chance and see how he gets on in the house. I guess I was just judging from his first appearance which came across as a odd. But now I know what hes been through I will take care with what I say
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I will give him a chance and see how he gets on in the house. I guess I was just judging from his first appearance which came across as a odd. But now I know what hes been through I will take care with what I say

Probably a better idea would've been to find out what he's been through before making such crass comments.
  • Britt_IshraelBritt_Ishrael Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite so far. Hope he does well. The world needs more eccentrics!
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    My favourite so far. Hope he does well. The world needs more eccentrics!

It certainly does, Gary has the potential to be fantastic, funny & interesting HM.
  • mamabearmamabear Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I watched a show called Celeb Rehab. He was one of the inpatients and he is exactly like he was on that show. This isn't a playup or a put on, this IS the real Gary. He was compelling viewing on that show and will be here as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I'm sorta hoping it was a false start and that he'll settle in.

I suspect he could be a very interesting housemate, but if his entrance was a sign of things to come then I'm amazed he was deemed fit to participate.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis1 wrote: »
    Yes not sure if he should be on tv.I watched him on US celebrity apprentice and the other contestants had to make allowances. It was sad to see him struggle but you're correct he is very intelligent but thinks outside the box sometimes it works sometimes not.

They had trouble with him because he wouldn't act as they expected him to. He did what he wanted. When he wanted.

He's definitely eccentric. But I don't see any evidence of any clinical problem.

He also is an American, dealing with a whole panoply of British accents, of people talking all at the same time, and added to that he's hard of hearing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Busey is not right in the head WTF was that entrance asking Emma for 3 questions and then being all weird with the celebrities in the house. Did BB producers actually bother to do the pych tests with this guy?

After a history of alcohol and drug abuse he got clean only to have a serious accident that left him with a brain injury. It has nothing to do with him being "weird" and "not right in the head". He's also over 70 and suffers from hearing loss.

All that aside, the guy is a great actor and deserves a bit of respect. Yes he's quirky but everything I've seen from him, before CBB, shows he's a decent guy who had a rotten run of luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really warming to Gary. What a nice chap!
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Busey doesn't have a clue where he is or how he got here!.

He is hilarious though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to admit after watching tonights show Gary is funny with the stuff he comes out with. I guess he just didnt know what was going on when he went in the house
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt realise this maybe that explains his behaviour

Perhaps next time you'll reserve the discriminatory judgement till you understand a persons circumstances.

It's not a wonder there's such ignorant prejudice surrounding mental health.