Are we seriously expected to believe Gary just relocated his knee?

Comments

• viewer123viewer123 Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pain when I had my shoulder relocated is something I will never forget.

Gary seems to have a high pain tolerance....

Someone call the Police :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    viewer123 wrote: »
    Someone call the Police :cool:

Quite.

Each injury is different, and each joint is different, the shoulder is very different to the knee, and the particular injury Gary has is not usually painful, but when the meniscus get's stuck in the joint, it gives a very uncomfortable feeling as if the knee is being bent back in the opposite direction.
  • wigwag46wigwag46 Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    I don't think the issue is his knee. No-one disputes he has a problem with his knee I think the issue is with the fact that he dropped his trousers in the communal area of the house, the kitchen to be exact and sat on a chair with no underwear on. Again he is free to not wear underwear but don't sit on the communal chairs it is unhygienic. He knows exactly what he is doing, it's always shock value with him then he goes into all his higher power b..ltwang to try and get out of it. Awful man.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Am I not right in thinking the Mel Gibson character in Lethal weapon could dislocate his shoulder at will and pop it back again?

That was a movie scene you know
  • farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is incredibly painful and you need very strong pain killers afterwards.

I don't doubt Gary's injury as Captain Kipper would like to believe, but I find it hard to believe he has just casually relocated it unassisted. I'm amased also that BB would be warning him rather than offering professional medical assistance.

It doesn't add up.

It isn't always this way for a dislocation. I dislocated my shoulder playing in goal many years ago, when I landed it was my OTHER shoulder that caused me pain, couldn't feel a thing in my dislocated one just couldn't move it. After about 20 mins of wondering whether to go hospital or not I popped it back in myself. That's when it started to burn a bit and had to be kept close to my body or it would be extremely painful.
    I've also known people to be able to dislocate joints at will (like a kind of party trick), apparently suffering no pain.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theid wrote: »
    So WHEREVER HE IS Gary would drop his trousers to fix his knee, even if he was "going commando"? I really, really don't think so - particularly in the States where nudity and topless sunbathing are regarded with absolute HORROR, even for toddlers.

What a ridiculous notion. Why, in my provincial little town in my corner of America, we have several nude beaches, public nudity is legal (as long as it's not intended to be sexually arousing), where people come in droves to participate in things like the Naked Bike Ride, with Midnight (naked) Goddess Swims, etc., all fully supported by government agencies.

I'd really have to say you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farlofan wrote: »
    It isn't always this way for a dislocation. I dislocated my shoulder playing in goal many years ago, when I landed it was my OTHER shoulder that caused me pain, couldn't feel a thing in my dislocated one just couldn't move it. After about 20 mins of wondering whether to go hospital or not I popped it back in myself. That's when it started to burn a bit and had to be kept close to my body or it would be extremely painful.
    I've also known people to be able to dislocate joints at will (like a kind of party trick), apparently suffering no pain.

Exactly, some peoples pain tolerances are good, however some people can't take any pain whatsoever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Has anyone considered the dance task they had yesterday?? It was completely cut from the show. Gary's pain could have stemmed from that, but of course they didn't show it. If that is why he was in pain, surely the other houemates would have known about that. But still no one offered to help.

Just a thought.
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,045
    Forum Member
    Flo71 wrote: »
    He wasn't anywhere he was in a room with all adults and at the time he did it there wasn't a female in the immediate vicinity. He explained he was caught with a sudden pain and adjusted his knee and brace.

He's on a tv programme, being filmed, with X million viewers. Would he do this at The White House or on the Dick Cavett show? Seriously think about it.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about the situation with Gary's knee, but one thing I do believe is that Gary is playing them all like an old piano.

I don't really like James' attitude, but what he says about Gary is completely correct.

The problem for James is that he is too forceful & lot of the public are taken in by Gary, so James comes across as a bit of a bully, when he isn't.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 14,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he just put the brace back in place not his knee :confused:

I thought Dee was great with him. Even with James I don't get what people expect the HMs to do :confused: Anyone with any sense and any honesty would agree and admit that what Gary did was very out of the ordinary but it would have been even more so if no one had said anything. As for bringing babies into it :( Gary is an adult and I'm sure would rather be treated as such.
    Have to step in here and excuse me for barging-in but someone said something similar to something I said yesterday and they too implied I was likening Gary to a baby!!

Just to be abundantly clear, I absolutely was not - what I was banging-on about and why I referenced babies (and dogs) was because people were implying that Gary sitting on a chair with his bare arse was 'disgusting'.

My mention of babies was about them pooing on the carpet, which many parents out there will have experience of (I know I have) and all the 'it's disgusting' stuff was IMO well OTT and is a classic example of the faux outrage that's rife in here.

It's a diversionary tactic because the people that were shouting the loudest (in here and in there) made it all about what he did in order to not give a shit about why he did it which was compounded by him getting a warning.

He attended to his knee because it needed attending to - right then, right there.

At NO TIME could you see the 'cock and balls' that James ranted loudly about.

It's pathetic and highly hypocritical given that they weren't 'outraged and disgusted' when George dropped his trousers in that same kitchen the other day.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the knee brace that he was wearing, that had relocated, not the knee itself.
  • nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whether he should have trousers down in the kitchen really isnt so bad but he must have known he had no underpants on therefore should have removed himself to the toilet if he couldnt go on his own he could have asked for help from james audley or george. it was wrong of him to put himself in that situation and exposing himself.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I thought it was the knee brace that he was wearing, that had relocated, not the knee itself.

He said, his bi lateral (something) had popped out. He popped it back in again.

Not sure what the 'something' was. That's what I heard, but couldn't distinguish the word.

:)
  • yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    He's on a tv programme, being filmed, with X million viewers. Would he do this at The White House or on the Dick Cavett show? Seriously think about it.

You think about the fact that he has a brain impairment. You seem to expect him to have the same logic, impulse etc as someone who hasn't.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »

He said he could feel, or that it felt like, his meniscus was slipping (I think was the way he phrased it).
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,045
    Forum Member
    yogacats wrote: »
    You think about the fact that he has a brain impairment. You seem to expect him to have the same logic, impulse etc as someone who hasn't.

If you are suggesting that he has a brain impairment which diminishes all inhibitions (impulses) then perhaps he should not have been allowed onto this programme, where he runs the risk of becoming an exhibit. Bedlam shut a long time ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    he said his knee had popped out and he had to put it back to ricci and Lauren, whatever he clearly has a problem with it - he has trouble getting up from the sofa etc, he looked in pain last night getting up - and tbh, he may be putting on a brave face just to stay in the house - I also wonder about that cough, it sounds chesty - he really isn't in the best of health any fool can see that form his face at times when he is walking or getting up

and yup..he shouldn't be there some say, awful really when everything is showing peoples intolerance of people, if they don't fit the mould of young, fit and good looking- even if its a game, it is meant to be an experiment pushing all sorts of people together, chosen due to being different, or clashing personalities - its not a cheap holiday, party time experience, never was meant to be
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was nothing wrong with his knee and the sound effects were to make it sound like he was doing something else with his trousers down. Am I watching the same programme as everyone else???

What are you nuts !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Have to step in here and excuse me for barging-in but someone said something similar to something I said yesterday and they too implied I was likening Gary to a baby!!

Just to be abundantly clear, I absolutely was not - what I was banging-on about and why I referenced babies (and dogs) was because people were implying that Gary sitting on a chair with his bare arse was 'disgusting'.

My mention of babies was about them pooing on the carpet, which many parents out there will have experience of (I know I have) and all the 'it's disgusting' stuff was IMO well OTT and is a classic example of the faux outrage that's rife in here.

It's a diversionary tactic because the people that were shouting the loudest (in here and in there) made it all about what he did in order to not give a shit about why he did it which was compounded by him getting a warning.

He attended to his knee because it needed attending to - right then, right there.

At NO TIME could you see the 'cock and balls' that James ranted loudly about.

It's pathetic and highly hypocritical given that they weren't 'outraged and disgusted' when George dropped his trousers in that same kitchen the other day.

Yes indeed Bunions (good morning), that faux outrage!

How many people own or have owned dogs, because if the outrage on here is genuine, then get rid of your dogs, they regularly have their cock and balls out, getting great pleasure from having a good old lick of them, and enjoy nothing more than scratching their actual bottom holes across your carpet.

The thicker the pile on the carpet the better.

And Dees faux outrage is irony personified, has she forgotten that most of the public watched her in her home in BS?
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    He said, his bi lateral (something) had popped out. He popped it back in again.

Not sure what the 'something' was. That's what I heard, but couldn't distinguish the word.

:)

It was his meniscus BlueStreak (good morning).

I have the same injury myself, it can be very uncomfortable.
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    He said he could feel, or that it felt like, his meniscus was slipping (I think was the way he phrased it).

This ^^^^
  • Fruit_FlyFruit_Fly Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to work out how come the amount of outrage in the house about Gary dropping his trousers was so much more than when Lauren p'd in the pool. Neither was acceptable, but we all know which was most unhygienic and should have had the biggest reaction.
    That was all about Dee and her loyalties. James would have taken him aside.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fruit_Fly wrote: »
    I'm still trying to work out how come the amount of outrage in the house about Gary dropping his trousers was so much more than when Lauren p'd in the pool. Neither was acceptable, but we all know which was most unhygienic and should have had the biggest reaction.
    That was all about Dee and her loyalties. James would have taken him aside.

At least Gary had a plausible reason for dropping his pants - Lauren's was ?
  • melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But the viewers didnt actually see anything.
  • mamabearmamabear Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    nothing wrong with dropping pants if there is a problem where going into another area is not an option. for me..bad leg pain removes the option of leaving the immediate area to correct situation. George dropped his pants to expose his bare butt in the kitchen..everyone had a giggle. Standards are shocking. trust me...if my knee popped out and taking steps would cause more pain..i'd drop my pants as well on the spot and fix the problem.

prehaps there should have been a code word Gary could have said out loud so others would know to quickly avert their eyes..like Incoming
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mamabear wrote: »
    nothing wrong with dropping pants if there is a problem where going into another area is not an option. for me..bad leg pain removes the option of leaving the immediate area to correct situation. George dropped his pants to expose his bare butt in the kitchen..everyone had a giggle. Standards are shocking. trust me...if my knee popped out and taking steps would cause more pain..i'd drop my pants as well on the spot and fix the problem.

prehaps there should have been a code word Gary could have said out loud so others would know to quickly avert their eyes..like Incoming

^^^this ,
    Well said mama bear,

Honestly the OTT reactions on Gary dropping his trousers to attend to his knee is ridiculous,
    And yes a brain injury does make a difference if you read on what Gary has wrong with him on the Headway page you will see that a head injury of Gary's type makes him not know when to not say or do anything that normal propel may seem as inappropriate ,he has no filter like normal people have and I find the more I watch him the more I can see that,
    IMO All Gary would have thought when his knee was in pain was to get straight to the pain source and sort it out,his brain injury would not have thought " hang on I can't pull my trousers down there are women in here it's not right- this is where his brain doesn't filter out the inappropriate stuff -read it up on the a Headway website :)