Hustle repeats - Sony TV

laurence1870laurence1870 Posts: 213
Forum Member
Have been watching some Hustle repeats on the Sky channel the past few evenings. They've been showing the first series, and it's made me realise how great this show was. It was such a fun and easy watch and I can't think of anything on TV today that touches its style.

Looking back it never seemed to get much attention - it had decent ratings throughout but you saw little promotion or Hustle merchandise. I hope it is remembered for many years to come.

Comments

• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have been watching some Hustle repeats on the Sky channel the past few evenings. They've been showing the first series, and it's made me realise how great this show was. It was such a fun and easy watch and I can't think of anything on TV today that touches its style.

Looking back it never seemed to get much attention - it had decent ratings throughout but you saw little promotion or Hustle merchandise. I hope it is remembered for many years to come.

By Any Means ?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've recently rewatched the first four series on Netflix (had to stop halfway through series 5, I really can't take to the new group dynamic). Some absolute gems in those first few series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the first few series were brilliant and it was quite different at the time, I think it does seem a bit dated now.
  • TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could anyone like sony very rich make more - why dont sony spend money on their tv channel in the uk
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I've recently rewatched the first four series on Netflix (had to stop halfway through series 5, I really can't take to the new group dynamic). Some absolute gems in those first few series.

You might want to give the final series a go (or should that be final 2 series a go) as Mickey returned to the gang, and the final episode has a few familiar faces return too.
    TORPIDO 1 wrote: »
    could anyone like sony very rich make more - why dont sony spend money on their tv channel in the uk

I think Sony have taken the decision that there is more money to be made by selling their programmes to other broadcasters, rather then air them on their own channel. So what we are left with is largely a lot of programmes that Sony own the distribution rights to but no other broadcaster wants right now. It does make you wonder why they bothered to launch their own channel though, maybe just to make a bit of money from the programmes that were sitting on the shelf gathering dust.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    By Any Means ?

Was that any good btw?
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was that any good btw?

It wasn't bad. Pretty far fetched at times, like Hustle but very similar in style if a bit more hardcore. I think it was written and produced by the same people as Hustle.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Hustle is excellent, I agree. But OP, I disagree when you say it didn't get much attention when it was originally on. I remember it being trailed a lot, billboards up around town advertising it and a prime time slot (I think it was Friday nights on BBC One for the latter seasons). I seemed to remember it getting millions of viewers as well.

Very smart show, great fun to watch.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    You might want to give the final series a go (or should that be final 2 series a go) as Mickey returned to the gang, and the final episode has a few familiar faces return too.

I know, Mickey already returned at the beginning of series 5. But the lack of Stacie and Danny affected the group even more and I can't get used to the newbies in series 5. I watched the later series sporadically when they first aired. I just can't get as interested as I was in the first 4.

I watched the final episode though, loved seeing them all together. :D
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come Sony have shown almost every episode EXCEPT the one where Kelly Adams imitates Kylie Minogue?

Plus, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often, they've shown the repeats so often