Options

Do you prefer to have a bath or take a shower?

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a shower every single night before bed, I need to or I can't sleep (weird thing I have does anyone else need to do this?)

Anyway tonight I decided to have a bath for a change, as relaxing as it is I find sitting in a bath for half an hour so boring a five minute shower on the other hand is all I require so I will continue with my showers.

Opinions? ;-)

Which do you prefer 150 votes

Bath
34% 51 votes
Shower
66% 99 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Deleted.

Don't think anybody will understand the point I'm trying to make.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Bath and shower is the same thing I'm sure?

huh? :confused:
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A poll? Really :D

Don't have a shower so bath.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i like having both, but not at the same time obviously :p
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Depends what mood I'm in. Bath if I'm tired, shower if I'm not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    A poll? Really :D

Don't have a shower so bath.

lol I was genuinely curious which people preferred.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer a shower. Much easier.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    lol I was genuinely curious which people preferred.

It just made me laugh, in a nice way though :)
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't enjoy either, in an ideal world I'd be self cleaning. As I'm not, I begrudgingly have a shower every morning.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shower, although I have been known to share the bath with the better half at times.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I only have a shower in the summer when I have used the lazy spa, I hate them, baths on the other hand, I love, lots of smellies, some music, a nice relaxing time .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    I don't enjoy either, in an ideal world I'd be self cleaning. As I'm not, I begrudgingly have a shower every morning.

I absolutely LOVE getting baths but hate, hate, hate drying myself...it takes me forever!
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »

My son would agree totally with this..

I do like the occasional bath if I'm tired but on the whole, prefer showers.

And it's nice to have a fun poll! :D
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Shower. If I take a bath it's because it's easier to clean up afterwards.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Only have a shower but given the choice I do prefer a batch.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just bought a flat that has a brand new 'Granny wet room' as I like to call it. Everyone loves it :D My daughter's boyfriend was in it this afternoon before we all went out for dinner :p

Anyhow, I hate baths, horrible things, why do people soak in baths that have dead skin floating around? :o: I used to jump in the bath, quick wash around and then out
  • Options
    Amelia_ManonAmelia_Manon Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always a shower, never a bath.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Shower, although I have been known to share the bath with the better half at times.

I remember when I was little I had to share a bath with my older sister (Im male) lol also I would sometimes go in a bath after one of my siblings had used it to save on hot water. That is pretty rank when I think back now sitting in someone elses dirt eww haha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Hmmm. Let's see......get in the shower or lie in an aqueous solution of my own dirt? :D
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A quick, refreshing shower with the kids in the morning... Gets us all awake, washed & ready for the day.

A long relaxing soak in the bath once the kids are in bed in the evening... My head under water for most of it so that I can't hear them arguing when they should be sleeping.
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Occasionally I have a bath, but showering is easier for me. I shower after a bath anyway.
  • Options
    BarnacleHead12BarnacleHead12 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    I have a bath every day. I have low blood pressure and I tend to feel faint in the shower. Plus I like to read in the bath.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    I absolutely LOVE getting baths but hate, hate, hate drying myself...it takes me forever!

That's why I hate it too. I have long hair and drying myself and it is a pain. That's time that could be spent having a cup of tea!
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like having a dump or shaving, It's a tedious basic chore, I have to force myself , I derive no pleasure from bathing, never have.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    A quick, refreshing shower with the kids in the morning... Gets us all awake, washed & ready for the day.

A long relaxing soak in the bath once the kids are in bed in the evening... My head under water for most of it so that I can't hear them arguing when they should be sleeping.

:D To me there's nothing better than the feeling of getting in the water when it's almost too hot to stand. Then it's like...wow yes, all is right with the world (for 20 minutes at least). :)