How often do your buses run?

hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So Wrexham's corrupt council have decided to reduce the buses to where I live even more. They were every hour on a weekday then 2 hours in the evening until 11pm. Plus 4 buses to Wrexham and 4 buses home on a Sunday. Now it's just daytimes and no Sundays.

I live in the middle of the countryside (which is horrible) and have no car so I'm basically screwed.:(

How often do they run in your areas?

Comments

• Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are several different routes to Birmingham City centre running every few minutes from where I live.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    every twenty minutes according to the timetable, rarely more than two in any given hour in reality, i`d say about 35 - 40% don`t turn up at all.

stagecoach are a bloody joke.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    My most regular service is every 30 minutes, I'm a bit out in the sticks too, live in a village on the outskirts of Milton Keynes, buses are on time here, never been late which is fantastic for work, I get the 6:33am bus to work, gets me there on time/actually early which is good/makes a good impression anyway!!
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite jealous of you both, must be bliss to be able to get out of the house. Being young in the Welsh countryside is like being stuck in a prison cell full of sheep.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in the suburbs of Manchester, close to one of the major roads into/out of the city centre and there's a good level of service round here, particularly if I want to go to town. Every 10 minutes is the most frequent service, there's 2 of those close by plus a number of others that run every 20 or 30 minutes.

That's peak hour frequency, you can double the times for off peak.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main bus I get is every 7 minutes during the day or the other one is every 20 minutes.
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    I'm in the suburbs of Manchester, close to one of the major roads into/out of the city centre and there's a good level of service round here, particularly if I want to go to town. Every 10 minutes is the most frequent service, there's 2 of those close by plus a number of others that run every 20 or 30 minutes.

That's peak hour frequency, you can double the times for off peak.

I was in the West Didsbury a couple of months ago and the bus service was incredible. At least 5 buses in the space of 20 minutes went past.

Reading all these posts makes me realise how pathetic Wrexham County Borough Council is.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm out in the sticks (ish) and our buses run every 30 minutes but evenings and Sundays they run hourly. Last bus back from town is at 11.00pm.

It's not too bad but five minutes drive down the road they've got buses 'every few minutes'.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Every half hour at the moment, but they are on about cutting them back to every hour after 2pm.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    More than 15 an hour coming and going during the day.
    After 9pm, they become hourly or stop altogether.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every few minutes... Many different routes ready to take me all over London.

Some of them are 24hr routes and we also have a few night buses that stop nearby.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one I get most frequently is about every 8 minutes during the day and half hourly through the night
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have multiple services going in all sorts of directions. Each route tends to have a bus every six to seven minutes, and some of the routes run at the same interval through the night too. People complain about how they could never live in the middle of a city, but there are definite advantages on some fronts.
  • little_melittle_me Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Every 15 minutes. I live in a village but it is right in the middle of two towns so I am fortunate to have a regular bus service.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once an hour. Nothing before 7am or after 7pm.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every 10 minutes during the day

Every 30 minutes evenings/Sundays
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meant to be every ten mins here till 8pm and then half an hour till midnight...

They never run every ten mins though and normally 3 turn up all at once
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every 10 mins till 7pm then another company do the nightly buses which are one an hour.

Every 30 mins for one to Glasgow until 1725 Mon-Sat (No sunday service)

However thats from my house to the town centre, if I go there I can get 4 buses to Glasgow, which all have different frequencies and then 4 trains an hour to Glasgow.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Three in the morning, three in the afternoon and the last one at seven pm, so you can leave the village to go to the cinema etc but you cant get back.
    An elderly neighbour was telling me that transport round here is worse now than at any time since the second world war.
    When fewer people had cars there was a much better service and the last bus through was at 11.30.
    We love living here but on the few occassions that our car has been of the road, we have realised how stuffed the pensioners are in the village.
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rural Somerset, one at 8.10am to the nearest town and one back at 5.25pm. Nothing else.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I live in a small town, they run about every 10 mins during the day every half hour on the night. People complain like hell about our bus service but I think it's quite good.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I live in a small village but thankfully we have great transport links. I live a 10/15 minute walk from the train station and can get to local cities - cannock , walsall , wolverhampton and Birmingham plus all the links you get by going to those places - the whole country basically.

Then there is the buses. We live 2 minutes from the bus stop. And i can get to Cannock & Walsall. Weekdays they are every 20 minutes i think , 30 on a Saturday but no buses on a sunday.

Issue is with our area buses end quite early in the evening. And the one i use to get to my parents is one an hour and finishes early. Plus there is a big gap late at night between 2 of the buses leaving me either stuck waiting 2 hours and getting a bus late. I once had to stop over my parents because i missed the bus and the last one was really late being a friday night i didnt feel safe going back.
    Also it is arriva buses which are the worst bus company in the country. Overpriced. £6 for a day saver compared to down the road on the west midlands buses where it is £3.90. Plus they were always on time. If you don't get a late arriva bus you almost faint in shock.

I miss where i used to live for transport. Being in a city has its plus points. However i love being so close to a train station and for a village it could be worse.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a ten minute frequency to our town centre, about 5 minutes away. Greati if I worked there, but my base is two trams and about an hour away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    One route runs every 8 minutes, the two routes run every 10 minutes and the night route runs every 30 minutes. They all run every day.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't own any buses. And if I did they would have wheels not legs