Options

Gary Busey is not right in the head

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Gary Busey is not right in the head WTF was that entrance asking Emma for 3 questions and then being all weird with the celebrities in the house. Did BB producers actually bother to do the pych tests with this guy?

Comments

• Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Is he bewildered or does he know what he is doing?
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    He had a motorbike accident in 1988 which left him with brain damage
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That guy doesnt seem all there its scary :o I dont think he will last long I can see him walking
  • Options
    Pretty GreenPretty Green Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not right in the head? Can you avoid psychiatric jargon and explain in layperson's terms please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »

I didnt realise this maybe that explains his behaviour
  • Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Look at this clip! He just seems a bit eccentric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUi-f1YAb0A
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Gary Busey is not right in the head WTF was that entrance asking Emma for 3 questions and then being all weird with the celebrities in the house. Did BB producers actually bother to do the pych tests with this guy?

No they did them but concluded not being right in the head wasn't a bar to doing CBB.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's an ex drug addict and alcoholic. However he is extremely bright and has a dry sense of humour. People should not underestimate him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at this clip! He just seems a bit eccentric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUi-f1YAb0A

That seems odd
  • Options
    KollKoll Posts: 3,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »

I didn't know this.

From Wikipedia...
    Sophy suspected that Busey's brain injury has had a greater effect on him than realized. He described it as essentially weakening his mental "filters" and causing him to speak and act impulsively. Sophy recommended Busey take a medication called Depakote, with which Busey agreed.

I wonder if he's still on the medication and if not, what kinds of things he will say and do without it?
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's been through a lot, as well as sustaining near fatal head injuries in a motorcycle accident in 1988, he then had a "plum sized" cancerous tumour removed from his left eye.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1. He is DEAF! He cannot hear very well. He sometimes mishears or misunderstands because he cannot hear very well. it is more difficulty for deaf people to hear when there is a lot of noise around them e.g the BB crowd or a load of chattering h/ms. That does not make him 'not right in the head'.

2.He sustained some brain damage following a motor accident. Brain damage may leave some people behaving a little strangely or with little quirks or tics. It does not mean they 'are not right in the head'.

3. Some people 'shock/horror' are naturally eccentric. He has a very dry sense of humour. That does not mean they 'are not right in the head'.

4. He had a cancerous tumour removed from his sinuses which, I guess makes his face a little lopsided. It makes his face look a little odd. It does not make him 'not right in the head'.
  • Options
    Andrew_NeilAndrew_Neil Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    He is just an older gentleman, in a foreign country, on live television. That combination was testing from the start.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is just an older gentleman, in a foreign country, on live television. That combination was testing from the start.

I think it was more than that. The other smaller American fella didn't have that much trouble in understanding the other housemates. Gary obviously has a great deal of trouble understanding others. Either that, or he's exaggerating his condition.
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Gary. He is a celeb unlike the other non celebs/*****
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I like him and particularly warmed to him when Lauren was talking jibber, he seemed to be switched on enough to think, 'oh god this ones going to be tiresome' - well that's the impression I got anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I like him and particularly warmed to him when Lauren was talking jibber, he seemed to be switched on enough to think, 'oh god this ones going to be tiresome' - well that's the impression I got anyway.

Gary to win. Or do we want fat lazy ass Dee? No.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is a 'professional' actor, used to following 'stage directions', before he went out on stage to the 'noisy crowd' he was most probably told he would be asked 3 questions before he went up the stairs and entered the house....he was still waiting for those 3 questions when Emma told him to enter the house.....as a professional he was most probably waiting for somebody to shout "Cut" before the questions were asked.

Just confused him, that's all.
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt realise this maybe that explains his behaviour

He is also very deaf as I understand it - possibly to do with the accident ?
  • Options
    Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes not sure if he should be on tv.I watched him on US celebrity apprentice and the other contestants had to make allowances. It was sad to see him struggle but you're correct he is very intelligent but thinks outside the box sometimes it works sometimes not.
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. He is DEAF! He cannot hear very well. He sometimes mishears or misunderstands because he cannot hear very well. it is more difficulty for deaf people to hear when there is a lot of noise around them e.g the BB crowd or a load of chattering h/ms. That does not make him 'not right in the head'.

2.He sustained some brain damage following a motor accident. Brain damage may leave some people behaving a little strangely or with little quirks or tics. It does not mean they 'are not right in the head'.

3. Some people 'shock/horror' are naturally eccentric. He has a very dry sense of humour. That does not mean they 'are not right in the head'.

4. He had a cancerous tumour removed from his sinuses which, I guess makes his face a little lopsided. It makes his face look a little odd. It does not make him 'not right in the head'.

Well said and 100% correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    Well said and 100% correct.

Absolutely !
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Gary to win. Or do we want fat lazy ass Dee? No.

I shan't get my hopes up as I was sorely disappointed when Michael Madsen lost out and that harridan ended up getting the crown. Dee's alright by me as I'll win £37.50 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I shan't get my hopes up as I was sorely disappointed when Michael Madsen lost out and that harridan ended up getting the crown. Dee's alright by me as I'll win £37.50 :)

She might want it back off you. Keep it hidden! :D
  • Options
    SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's deaf, has some residual brain damage on top of being "eccentric." There's just a lot of things at work. LOL.