Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samantha Brick still trolling, eh? She must be earning well from it or she'd surely have got bored and buggered off by now.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One look at the devastating Pascal and you can understand why women would be chasing him in their droves. Samantha Brick is of the ilk that truly believes that if a man is unfaithful it is not his fault but that of the predatory woman who initiates all contact. And even if he is not technically savvy, the point about a clandestine second mobile is that it is... clandestine. If he wants to, he will. Silly woman.

Yeah, SUCH a catch eh? :eek::rolleyes::D

No Samantha it's OK, you can keep him!
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Advice from LJ on how to get over a break-up! :eek::) Now I've seen everything! Having watched what a complete mess Liz has made of "getting over" her marriage, (still ranting on repetitively about it and picking over old wounds years later), my advice would be this: Just take a good long look at everything LJ has done, and do the exact opposite.

Re the funeral, did anyone manage to find any reference to Liz having any relationship with her nephew whatsoever? As far as I can see, she hasn't said a single word that indicated she knew him personally. Everything she says about him comes from other people, in a strangely detached way, which seems such an odd way to talk about someone if she knew and loved him enough to write about his tragic death in the Diary, especially given the OTT sentimental details she goes into whenever one of the cats is ill. I know I keep on about this aspect of the story...but, as bad as the cut-and-paste funeral episode was, it becomes even worse if it turns out that Liz was in some way estranged from the Australia sister's family and didn't even really know the boy. Hi-jacking a close relative's tragedy for column fodder is bad enough. But hi-jacking the tragedy of people you have little or no connection with....that would be truly unforgivable.

Not going to the funeral isn't a crime in itself; lots of families get distanced from each other and sometimes the family wouldn't want the disconnected relative there, (it becomes an added source of stress at an already very stressful time) especially if it meant travelling to the other side of the world. So I wouldn't condemn anyone for that in itself. But using the funeral she didn't attend as column and sympathy-garnering fodder....there are no words to express how low that is.
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    I'm blaming you if it is Shona Sibary tomorrow:eek:

:eek:
    I'm never typing words in jest again!!
    :eek:
    :D
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Yeah, SUCH a catch eh? :eek::rolleyes::D

No Samantha it's OK, you can keep him!

I think they both reside on Fantasy Island. They have created this delusion that they(Sam and Pascal) are both so devastatingly attractive that they are sooooo lucky to have found each other and each of them are fighting off hoards of the unwashed, ugly lesser mortals who are desperate to get into the underwear of them both. Now as a wee fantasy idyll for keeping spark in a marriage, this, I suppose, could be good fun, harmless and a way of passing the time.

The problem of course, is that I think this fantasy spills into reality with every member of either sex who happens to be in the same room as either, being pulled into this fantasy as being some sort of sexual predator of one or the other. Innocent remarks such as "Good morning, nice to see you" being translated into "I want to have an affair with your wife" etc etc.

I've had the misfortune to know people similar to this and it really is tediously wearing on a friendship, to the point that in the end you just stop inviting them for dinner/drinks as it actually becomes quite pathetic in the end. Everyone is "jealous" of their relationship blah blah de blah blah.

Whilst all this positive reinforcement obviously works for them in their own little fantasy, and in the great scheme of things I dont really care about their marriage, I do find it irritating that they hold this behaviour up as some Paragon of Normality.

Ok, rant over :p
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Haha - I've only clicked on this thread for the first time. I always avoided it before because I thought it was a fan thread.

And yes, I do know how silly that sounds....
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brick has obviously agreed to set herself up as a national laughing stock for a nice not-so-little cheque every couple of weeks. Like with Liz, she's become a sort of pantomime character who encourages you to boo and hiss at their vanity and increasing detachment from reality. Brick sounds like someone who was never the prettiest girl in school but has met someone who in a somewhat chauvenistic way makes her feel special and beautiful, she now believes the fairytale so much tha she wants to rub that in the faces of all those girls who didn't want to be her bestie mates and those boys who never ever noticed her bland mousy looks as a teenager. She is so thankful to Pascal for transforming her self image that she probably truly believes that he is desired by every woman with a pulse and he now needs her protection from these wicked Jezabells. Somehow I fear that this grand passion will end with a newspaper quote "Shocked neighbours told the police that they were a quiet couple who kept themselves to themselves..."
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha - I've only clicked on this thread for the first time. I always avoided it before because I thought it was a fan thread.

Oh golly hopeless, I'm sorry but that gave me the biggest laugh I've had all day:D

Though, 'fans' are perfectly welcome to post if they like (though we will ask WHY on Earth they like Our Liz:D:eek: ) and we even say nice things sometimes - she doesn't look terrible in the bikini shoot.:D
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Though, 'fans' are perfectly welcome to post if they like (though we will ask WHY on Earth they like Our Liz:D:eek: ) and we even say nice things sometimes - she doesn't look terrible in the bikini shoot.:D

Welcome to Hopeless Case too. Agree with Stress Monkey, we've often asked if any genuine Liz fans would post what it is they find so endearing about her, but like the few supportive posts to The Diary, they only ever say "Leave her alone, she likes animals!" As you will see if you have a year or two to trawl through this thread we are merely objecting to someone who gets paid a fortune for passing off fiction as fact. Having said that, she provides us with plenty of unintentional hillarity thanks to the genuinely wonderful and witty commentators who contribute to this thread.
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the Mail has been overwhelmingly generous. 2 items from Liz AND a bonus article from Sam Brick.
    First the Dreary. For those who don't want to read it, it is a list of self pitying, whines and moans. Someone took all her money or she spent it and now she can't have her dream, whaa whaa. Welcome to the real world Liz. Oh - and there is an unfeasible solution suggested by RS b/f at the end.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2171609/Liz-Jones-In-I-reach-crossroads.html

Then there is an article about how she hates mothers, especially her mother, as her ideas of motherhood are firmly entrenched in the 1950's/60s. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2173726/Want-inspirational-mum-Then-job-first.html

And if that isn't enough to make you want to roll your eyes till they fall out, there is the lovely Sam Brick. Sadly , it doesn't come with any more pictures of her and macho-man Pascal. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2172014/Samantha-Brick-Why-I-refused-godparent.html

I feel slightly queasy now as I read them all at one sitting.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RE: The dreary. Two words. AS IF! That is all. :rolleyes:
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... the move to the big Yorkshire house in the Swale Valley is off ? We'll see. :rolleyes:
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts per D/M comments:

To blame her plight on other people holds no water. Ms Jones finances have not been drained through a colander by her unending generosity but more by failing to understand basic economics: know what you can afford v. what you are unable to afford. Altruistic gestures are commendable...if you can afford them.
    - Amanda Maid, Blankshire, 15/7/2012 7:52

Perhaps the Micawber Principle puts is better:

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery."

Happiness, of course, is what's missing from LJ's diary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Oh my life - she just doesn't stop does she?

How does she work out that people keep taking money from her? She spends money. There IS a difference. Hadn't heard about the 40 year old racehorse before - I don't read it religiously (prefer to read the stuff on here) and I'm not going back through back issues to find it. Why was the horse evicted? Did the owner not pay the livery charges? At 40 it was at the end of it's life so to move it was cruel and to think there would be no health issues (and vet fees) was naive. If the charity asked to Liz to foster it why aren't they stumping up for the vet?

As for the FRS proposing to her - well!!!!! She is unremittingly rude to him (why answer the phone with "who is this?"?), she won't undress in front of him and she repeats/publishes all sorts of private information. He is supposedly a famous rock star with numerous women throwing themselves at him (quite apart from that he must have acquired quite an ego just from his lifestyle). We are supposed to believe that he has gone from "no I don't want you coming to Australia" to "marry me" in the space of about 6 weeks.
  • Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Surely Liz should say yes to the proposal (from a man whose number and voice she refuses to recognise on her phone?) and have the wedding splashed all over the papers just to prove us all wrong. But if she did then she'd have to stop the "poor little me" and she she wouldn't have anything to fill the Diary. Now here's a thought...

And such an interesting take on motherhood. Stay at home mothers are drudges who don't have time among all the housework even to teach their children basic household tasks. Don't you feel sorry for Liz's mother being painted in this light? Mothers who clock-watch at work and put their families first by shopping for them at lunchtime and rushing home to be with them are nearly as bad. So the ideal mother is one who puts her career first and, basically, doesn't give a toss about the children. Nice one; it's a good thing for the speculative children that Liz never had them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great gosheroonie !

Is Jones STILL writing this drivel? I stopped buying the Daily Wail ages ago, but even then Liz Bones was repeating herself in this fashion.
    I understand that nobody ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the public, but it beggars belief that she's still trotting out the same old:
    "Poor old me, everyone hates me/uses me, the rest of the world are peasants, I have no money, men are all b*stards.." etc etc

It's a good job it's probably mostly (poor) fiction or she would have been sectioned by now !:rolleyes:
  • MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    The nicest thing I can say about Liz is that 50 Shades of Grey makes her stuff look well written. I think you call that 'damning by faint praise'.
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the FRS gets the elbow I bet her next admirer will be Christian Grey.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member

I've always thought this was a fan thread too. I didn't even know who Liz Jones was. But today I decided to click the last page and scrolled to the link of her latest article. Honestly, if I hadn't come here first, I would have thought that was just some random wannabe Bridget Jones fanfiction (but a snobby, unlikeable version.) When I first went on the site and I saw her picture my first thought was "she's got a really slappable face." I felt guilty - until I started reading the piece. Oh boo-hoo, you haven't got enough room for your horses. Waah-waah, you're too generous and nice and people take advantage of you being rich and famous. I take it she is like this all the time? I don't know how she has managed to spawn a "Part 3." I am irritated having just read one of her articles and have no desire to read anymore! Liz, I hope next time you visit your precious horse it pisses in your face!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Liz. You are not a victim of horrid people taking your money. You chose to make all those purchases. You chose to buy things you couldn't afford. Whether those things were for yourself (as you've told us many of them were), or for other people, is irrelevant. There's nothing heroic or saintly about taking on rescue animals or doing up barns with antique flooring for an employee, or buying siblings a home, if you can't afford it.

Is anyone else very intrigued by this?

]: I’m too generous. I do up barns with antique flooring for employees. I give a cottage to my sister, when I did no wrong. ]

"When I did no wrong?" :confused: This part makes no sense without knowing the context. It reads like someone generally ranting to themselves about some perceived personal injustice. It's almost as if she's forgotten that she's writing for publication, for readers who don't know the back story, and is simply taking the opportunity to take a swipe at her sister.

And I really wish she'd stop giving us her skewed perspective on parenting. She seems to swing constantly between sentimental idealising of her parents' relationship, and harsh, unkind criticism of her mother's choices.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always thought this was a fan thread too. I didn't even know who Liz Jones was. But today I decided to click the last page and scrolled to the link of her latest article. Honestly, if I hadn't come here first, I would have thought that was just some random wannabe Bridget Jones fanfiction (but a snobby, unlikeable version.) When I first went on the site and I saw her picture my first thought was "she's got a really slappable face." I felt guilty - until I started reading the piece. Oh boo-hoo, you haven't got enough room for your horses. Waah-waah, you're too generous and nice and people take advantage of you being rich and famous. I take it she is like this all the time? I don't know how she has managed to spawn a "Part 3." I am irritated having just read one of her articles and have no desire to read anymore! Liz, I hope next time you visit your precious horse it pisses in your face!

ROFL! :D:D:D Seconded! :cool:

It's her poor mother I feel sorry for. The contempt for her just oozes from the article, if she was my sibling I'd be absolutely fuming and wouldn't be able to resist going round to slap her right in the chops :mad::o I just wouldn't be able to stand my mother being spoken about in this manner.

So Princess Liz didn't have the mother she thought she should have. What a shame, my heart bleeds. Stupid woman should get a grip. I bet there's many people who have had absolutely horrendous mothers (and upbringings) who would gladly have swapped places with her. But no, her mother is a total let down because she cooked and cleaned! What planet is this bloody woman on? :mad:

And notice how it's always her mother who comes in for this flack? Never her dad? And she says she's a feminist? That's about as believable as her column.
  • DylanCatDylanCat Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I too feel sorry for her family,having it's private business used to further the career of a proven liar and fantasist. She has not only used her siblings and their families,she has published deeply .personal,intimate details of her mothers' illness. In the past she has named many people she thinks have done her some sort of wrong,and even when she has not named them,there has been enough detail to identify them. Nasty,vindictive woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick, everyone, check the comments on the Diary page: there's a very illuminating comment from the previous owner of Liz's horse! She's obviously very upset (quite justifiably) at the way Liz has slagged her off in print.

Some interesting speculation, too, about the situation with the sister that led to Liz buying her a cottage "when I did no wrong".

I think Liz is walking on very thin ice, making all these veiled (and not-so-veiled) swipes in print at people with whom she's fallen out. She seems to forget that other people are real, and they can answer back when they're slagged off.
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    Quick, everyone, check the comments on the Diary page: there's a very illuminating comment from the previous owner of Liz's horse! She's obviously very upset (quite justifiably) at the way Liz has slagged her off in print.

Some interesting speculation, too, about the situation with the sister that led to Liz buying her a cottage "when I did no wrong".

I think Liz is walking on very thin ice, making all these veiled (and not-so-veiled) swipes in print at people with whom she's fallen out. She seems to forget that other people are real, and they can answer back when they're slagged off.

BIB: In all the oddnesses of the odd, this made no sense whatsoever. (other than there being a Back Story to sis/cottage purchase...sketchy details)
  • DylanCatDylanCat Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »

The full version of this comment has been posted by the owner of the horse on the Liz Jones Appreciation Group facebook page (yes you may laugh but there are some deluded souls about!). She is very angry and says she is seeing a solicitor.
This discussion has been closed.