Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    I can understand why Cher gets annoyed with the 1D questions because she has nothing to do with them apart from the fact they were on the same XF. But Perrie's dating Zayn, that's a whole different situation, the interviewers certainly have the "right" to ask LM about 1D this time :rolleyes:. I bet "so Perrie, you are dating Zayn" will be the most asked question in their interviews.

As for the label, I notice that many XF artists are either signed to Epic or Colombia, I wonder which one's better out of the two?

Beyonce and 1D are signed to columbia? so it must be really good :D
    Forum Member
    Rayforever wrote: »
    I think there is i just think he needs to support LM when they go over to America. I'm not sure if that will happen but then 5H have to go away make music then come back by then LM should be established over there and hopefully will have at least released their single or album depending on how that goes is when Simon starts supporting them:rolleyes:

Don't forget the Saturdays are also over in America with their single in January

Which will be a flop :)
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    For me I can see a LM vs The Sats (hope there isn't one)

Are u serious? there will NEVER be a rival between those to little mix are waaaaaaay out of the sat's league! the sats never even had a #1 single. They don't have competition.
    Forum Member
    But I hope 5H and The Sats have some success.

lol the sats will never ever have success in the america, they're really out of their minds thinking they can crack america, they haven't even cracked the uk yet.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Dazzled3 wrote: »
    lol the sats will never ever have success in the america, they're really out of their minds thinking they can crack america, they haven't even cracked the uk yet.

Lol why do you dislike them so much, they're a harmless pop group
    Forum Member
    Beyonce and 1D are signed to columbia? so it must be really good :D

They have Naya Rivera aswell aka Santana from Glee, I need her to get a picture with LM <3

They have Katy Perry, Alicia Keys and Calvin Harris too oh and Slick Rick :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I see DNA (song) is up to #49 on Aussie iTunes! It's slowly rising....

Where was the album before the midweek update? 18?

No it was #16.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Are u serious? there will NEVER be a rival between those to little mix are waaaaaaay out of the sat's league! the sats never even had a #1 single. They don't have competition.

You don't know that.....look at The Wanted no one expected them to have a hit single in the US and they did it.

Anything can happen.

And LM might not have success over there either.
    Forum Member
    Lol why do you dislike them so much, they're a harmless pop group

lol it's not like i dislike them, well i kinda do XD their just so boring, from their music to everything, and it gets on my nerves when people start comparing them to little mix or girls aloud lol
    Forum Member
    They have Naya Rivera aswell aka Santana from Glee, I need her to get a picture with LM <3

They have Katy Perry, Alicia Keys and Calvin Harris too oh and Slick Rick :rolleyes:

We wondered what happened to his collaboration with the girls but actually now that I think about it, it was Amazon that put up that tracklist in the first place, the girls themselves and the team have never said there would be a featured artist for the song. Maybe Amazon got the info wrong and we took it too seriously :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love Naya still waiting for her supposed album to drop. And I think she is about the same height as LM?
    Forum Member
    lol it's not like i dislike them, well i kinda do XD their just so boring, from their music to everything, and it gets on my nerves when people start comparing them to little mix or girls aloud lol

We weren't really comparing them though lol. We were just saying that they might be a competition since they are also a girl group. We talk about FH as well, I don't see what the problem is.
    Forum Member
    Girlbands are always compared.....and they'll always be. One thing The Sats do have is an image I believe the US will like....the whole 'Hollywood American girl' look,

But having said that, maybe the girl's (LM) diversity - race/style and 'normal girl' style might work in their favour.
    Forum Member
    We wondered what happened to his collaboration with the girls but actually now that I think about it, it was Amazon that put up that tracklist in the first place, the girls themselves and the team have never said there would be a featured artist for the song. Maybe Amazon got the info wrong and we took it too seriously :p

Haha maybe, when I listened to his music I was like wtf syco but if it was just an error it all makes sense I guess.
    I love Naya still waiting for her supposed album to drop. And I think she is about the same height as LM?

ME TOO!! Wait, Naya is small?! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't know that.....look at The Wanted no one expected them to have a hit single in the US and they did it.

Anything can happen.

And LM might not have success over there either.

Right anything is possible.

On the plus side if Glee covers Wings it may help some.

But if the label does Rebecca Ferguson type promo, not much may happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha maybe, when I listened to his music I was like wtf syco but if it was just an error it all makes sense I guess.

ME TOO!! Wait, Naya is small?! :eek:

I know off topic but she is not that much taller from Lea. I went to see glee'a concert and Lea is very small
    Forum Member
    We weren't really comparing them though lol. We were just saying that they might be a competition since they are also a girl group. We talk about FH as well, I don't see what the problem is.

but the thing is the saturdays were never a competition, they've been around for like 4years and they never had a #1 single.besides their music isn't good and I think trying to crack america while not achieving much success in the uk is ridiculous. but who knows what can happen...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't see glee covering Wings. I don't know why. But I can see them doing DNA or something like turn your face. Unless they re work and change the whole thing of wings
    Forum Member
    I know off topic but she is not that much taller from Lea. I went to see glee'a concert and Lea is very small

I am so shocked lol

I wonder who in Glee would cover Wings? It would be awesome if LM could get a guest spot in the show.

I didn't expect Rebecca to do well on the US Singles chart but she did quite well in the albums chart, I think LM will do much better overall though.
    Forum Member
    Girlbands are always compared.....and they'll always be. One thing The Sats do have is an image I believe the US will like....the whole 'Hollywood American girl' look,

But having said that, maybe the girl's (LM) diversity - race/style and 'normal girl' style might work in their favour.

I don't think LM and the Sats share the same fanbase anyway. LM are urban, fun and young, their fans are mostly young girls who are also into the artists like Justin Bieber, 1D, Cher Lloyd, Ed Sheeran... whereas the Sats are all mature, grown-up women who look like supermodels, I can't see many girls liking them tbh, I think most of their fans would be males who fancy beautiful women.
    Forum Member

She never had a hit single but her album sold very well, she's definitely more of an album seller, LM on the other hand are more of a single seller.
    Forum Member
    I don't think LM and the Sats share the same fanbase anyway. LM are urban, fun and young, their fans are mostly young girls who are also into the artists like Justin Bieber, 1D, Cher Lloyd, Ed Sheeran... whereas the Sats are all mature, grown-up women who look like supermodels, I can't see many girls liking them tbh, I think most of their fans would be males who fancy beautiful women.

^ exactly!! besides the saturdays are very very very GENERIC their image is very boring,basic and bland and so is their image nothing new really.
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little mix will crack America. The reason is : their music is inspired by US bands and they worked US artists and producers. Their album is tailor-made for america.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She never had a hit single but her album sold very well, she's definitely more of an album seller, LM on the other hand are more of a single seller.

Not here. She's only done around 30k.

IF the girls are with Columbia, hopefully they use the Nickelodeon connection and get them on the KCAs, etc.
    Forum Member
    All I'm saying is we shouldn't expect them to crack the US so easily or write off the competition.

One of the main criticism they have is their image (this thread is an example of that) and it's needs to be altered before the international launch imo.

Everyone knows they can sing...but in today's industry it's not just about the vocals. I want them to do well though!

I like The Sats too btw.....so I'm coming from both sides here.
This discussion has been closed.