Plus net laver

msampsonmsampson Posts: 420
Forum Member
Hi, I have just left the plusnet home phone and broadband service I also competed my full 12 month contract.
Do I need to return my old router to plusnet, I can not find any info about or can I junk it .

Cheers for any help you can give me.

Msampson

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you'd probably need to ask plusnet, but IIRC you own the router so unlikely they'll want it back.
  • msampsonmsampson Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    you'd probably need to ask plusnet, but IIRC you own the router so unlikely they'll want it back.
    Hi, that is great news, I thought I may reieve a postal envelope, thanks for your quick reply also.

Msampson
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There may be an answer in the Plusnet terms & Conditions which should be available on their website. I did try and have a look but it seems their website is down at the moment. But if and when it returns have a poke about for the T&Cs which should say if the router is on loan or not.

Pretty certain they don't loan the router but you pay for it in your sub. I can only think of Virgin Media who keep ownership of their kit.
  • lonewallerlonewaller Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't think it worth their time asking for it back - to all intents and purposes they can't re-use it. It would simply be cheaper for them to supply a new one.

Unless you already have a spare router don't throw it out but stick it in storage somewhere. It might just come in handy some dark and rainy night.

Brian
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it would only come in handy if you were to use it on a plusnet connection, as it has a custom plusnet firmware on it.

it's also a pile of garbage and should be binned.
  • pete taylorpete taylor Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it would only come in handy if you were to use it on a plusnet connection, as it has a custom plusnet firmware on it.

The New Hub One is a clone of the BT Homehub 5, and is reasonable for its intended use!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's a clone of a A model though IIRC which had some issues, and the plusnet version has those same issues (along with the plusnet custom firmware).

it's still garbage unfortunately.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    it's a clone of a A model though IIRC which had some issues, and the plusnet version has those same issues (along with the plusnet custom firmware).

it's still garbage unfortunately.

It's fine but yes not as good as the B model
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If it's plusnet's version of the HH5 type A there are ways to load custom firmware (openwrt, LEDE) on it and make it infinitely better.

But that's a rather niche solution
  • JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    moox wrote: »
    If it's plusnet's version of the HH5 type A there are ways to load custom firmware (openwrt, LEDE) on it and make it infinitely better.

But that's a rather niche solution

openwrt,LEDE ???

Do you know of a source of info for the BT HH3? I bought a spare on fleabay but it turned out to be a Business Hub3. I would like to load it with normal HomeHub 3 firmware.