Survivor 29 - San Juan del Sur: Blood vs Water

123457»

Comments

• TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay happy that Natalie won 😄 - was worried for a second that Jacklyn would see sense and vote her out. Natalie was by far the most deserving. Overall I enjoyed the season but it wasn't a classic, thankfully it ended on a high with a great winner. Oh and I cringed all the way through Reed's attack on Missy being the wicked step-mother of the game. Looking forward to the next season, the big 3-0....
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those who get spoilers get it from leaks from someone I assume, so I don't see how they really belong to anyone or are necessarily a sign of cleverness. Just a pet peve of mine. And of course many like me enjoy having as few spoilers as possible anyway, so all of those people aren't impressed anyway.

It was made seemingly obvious that Natalie was likely to win when every confessional she got for the last several episodes had her saying she did a 'big move' even if the move wasn't that big.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    Those who get spoilers get it from leaks from someone I assume, so I don't see how they really belong to anyone or are necessarily a sign of cleverness. Just a pet peve of mine. And of course many like me enjoy having as few spoilers as possible anyway, so all of those people aren't impressed anyway.

I don't do game spoilers. I hate having the actual results of the game spoiled. But I enjoy cast spoilers and location/twists/season title, that kind of thing. Especially the old school way of spoiling and discovering the cast through social media connections and the like...you get to play detective. It's fun!

But I do have a source that has been emailing me info. That's how I knew the Worlds Apart title before it was announced. :)
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They normally give out clues about upcoming twists anyway. The locations are normally the same kinds of places. Most spoiler people want to spoil the whole thing so it's hard to separate these things in most places.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    They normally give out clues about upcoming twists anyway. The locations are normally the same kinds of places. Most spoiler people want to spoil the whole thing so it's hard to separate these things in most places.

What clues?

The worst was for Heroes vs Villains and Fans vs Faves 2 because trolls were posting the entire boot-list every where: forums, YouTube comments, social media. You couldn't really get involved in good Survivor discussion without someone trying to ruin it.

But I personally don't do game spoilers. Like I said, just cast spoilers and location/twists. Someone spoiled the class divide twist months ago on Sucks. 14 of the 18 cast members have been spoiled by a bunch of different people on Sucks using social media connections. And I spoiled the Worlds Apart title prior to the S29 finale.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK season, right winner won, Glad it wasnt missy, or thankfully Baylor. Not the worst season, but not a great one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond your cast/twist spoilers are so appreciated. Keep on doing what you're doing!! :D:D
  • RooksRooks Posts: 9,097
    Forum Member
    Just finished this season. It was okay but the weakest since One World for me. Just a handful of interesting players, most of which were booted fairly early on. Add in an alliance that, for the majority of episodes, was a love-in removed most of the tension. Survivor is at it's worst when it's predictable and this season was mostly predictable (barring the odd moment here and there). At the point where Reed was booted there was only Natalie left playing the game, the rest seem to just coast along hoping things would go their way.

I suppose after 4 interesting seasons we were due a duller season so hopefully things will pick back up.

Incidentally, I agree about the locations. They really need a change away from the Samao, Nicaragua, Phillipines type of locations. Perhaps a mountainous region, or desert or even something totally different like a snowy region.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched the season. was mediocre at best and had a lot of really unlikeable characters with only the only one a like being Keith, Missy and the brat awful people. Right winner but again didn't really like her but she was the only one making moves.
  • troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the idea that idea that this season was boring and predictable and no one was deserving and whatever else when there were plenty of blindsides and power moves made each week. If anything, I think this season just confirms that the casual audience buys into the misogynistic bullshit that only men can be viewed as competent strategists. They're still crying foul on Facebook about Josh and Jeremy being the only real players this season, when their games were obviously flawed considering the came in tenth and eleventh.
  • SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the idea that idea that this season was boring and predictable and no one was deserving and whatever else when there were plenty of blindsides and power moves made each week. If anything, I think this season just confirms that the casual audience buys into the misogynistic bullshit that only men can be viewed as competent strategists. They're still crying foul on Facebook about Josh and Jeremy being the only real players this season, when their games were obviously flawed considering the came in tenth and eleventh.

I agree - I enjoyed the season. Natalie made some interesting moves and when we watched her give Jaclyn the idol we cheered! That certainly wasn't predictable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was harsh on this season but one thing I wouldn't say is that it was predictable. Post-merge actually had a lot of blindsides and flipping.

Pre-merge was one of the worst ever though as the vibe just felt off and Josh was the main narrator, and he was boring as hell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For me it was one of the most boring ones for the reason I didnt have anyone to route for. It was unpredictable that it does have for it but I had for force myself to watch it to the end. Maybe when I rewatch it at some stage I will change my mind but Nat while deserving to win for me looked to be doing everything on impulse. Rather than having some great strategy. Anyways hopefully the next season has the same unpredictability but have good characters