Something up with BT email?

JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
Forum Member
Is anyone having funny results trying to access bt email? When I try to log in I get a very peculiar page suggesting that my email has been suspended etc. etc. etc. and inviting me to click on links. It smells to me. SWMBO's is the same.

Comments

• CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just logged into BT Mail and everything looks OK to me
  • JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    It seems to be a Firefox/Light thing. I.E. on my wife's PC (Win7) works OK and I've just put Chrome on it and that's perfect. I'm still on XP and BT try not to accept I.E.8 but there are ways. I've found a work around - the page which pops up is not a fake AFAICS and a click on "mybt" gets you there in a round about way. Navigating BT's site with Firefox gets you into all sorts of bother. It's very odd.
    Forum Member
    It seems that I was right. There's a thread on the BT forum from people who've had the same difficulty using Safari. I've now chucked out Light and installed Firefox 40 on all PCs and which is working perfectly.
  • Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had problems with not being able to access my emails for the past week or so, this is on a Windows 7 PC as well as a Windows 8/8.1 laptop. Then again we are on TalkTalk and I'm not sure if there are general problems but at times I have had problems accessing Digital Spy as well as Argos so I'm not sure what is happening but I do hope it is sorted soon.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    JamesE wrote: »
    Is anyone having funny results trying to access bt email? When I try to log in I get a very peculiar page suggesting that my email has been suspended etc. etc. etc. and inviting me to click on links. It smells to me. SWMBO's is the same.

Thats been a recuring problem - it seems to be them redirecting to a site with some nonsense about suspicious activity, , but in the past there's been none, andchanging the password makes no difference - the email comes back working normally hours or a day later.

Am i unique on still having a btyahoo account? This was meant to be transferred in 2014 , but nothing happened. If you do have your btinternet address still going to a btyahoo site , you can get in to your email when BTmail's button goes nowhere, by logging into yahoo.........
  • tivtiv Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am i unique on still having a btyahoo account? This was meant to be transferred in 2014 , but nothing happened. If you do have your btinternet address still going to a btyahoo site , you can get in to your email when BTmail's button goes nowhere, by logging into yahoo.........

Nope, my emails are still coming via Yahoo!
  • Ellis-GardenerEllis-Gardener Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    As a former BT customer who migrated to TalkTalk in September, I can still access my btinternet.com email address via:

https://login.yahoo.com/

I was actually surprised to find it did work, BT stated in my leaving letter that my BT email would be deleted on September 30th
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Lee Morris wrote: »
    I have had problems with not being able to access my emails for the past week or so, this is on a Windows 7 PC as well as a Windows 8/8.1 laptop. Then again we are on TalkTalk and I'm not sure if there are general problems but at times I have had problems accessing Digital Spy as well as Argos so I'm not sure what is happening but I do hope it is sorted soon.

I am having issues trying to access my mum's bt email for her. It refuses the email address and password which are typed correctly then after 3 tries locks you out from attempting for 15 minutes. This has been happening for the last 2 hours.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Just to add, after many hours checking every possible option last night it turns out BT's server stopped accepting 9 digit passwords and decided it needed 10 digits....even though they specify 8 as the bottom limit.....where's the roll eyes when you need it?
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,590
    Forum Member
    I have been thinking of changing my broadband provider to BT, now I'm wondering if it is a wise choice?
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    I have been thinking of changing my broadband provider to BT, now I'm wondering if it is a wise choice?

If I were starting afresh, then I would go to Plusnet. They are owned by BT and thus ought to get better service from Openreach, they are cheaper and last and foremost - the have a Yorkshire call centre.

There's a saying that nobody's perfect but when you're from Yorkshire you are close as it gets.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,590
    Forum Member
    JamesE wrote: »
    If I were starting afresh, then I would go to Plusnet. They are owned by BT and thus ought to get better service from Openreach, they are cheaper and last and foremost - the have a Yorkshire call centre.

There's a saying that nobody's perfect but when you're from Yorkshire you are close as it gets.

Hah! And I just happen to be a Yorkshire lass, so at least I'll understand them! ;-)
    I was doubtful about plusnet because it is/was so cheap. Any downsides?