What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    When I was 17 a black guy glanced at my cock in the urinals, smile and muttered "nice". I felt violated.

Why were you taking a farmyard bird into the toilets?:confused:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    When I was 17 a black guy glanced at my cock in the urinals, smile and muttered "nice". I felt violated.
    What does it matter that the guy was Black?:confused::confused:

:confused: Why are you willing wanting to go down the rabbit hole?
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently reading through all of this, only up to page 18 so far, but I enjoy reading it on my own in the dark, trying to scare myself haha.

Something recently that happened, nothing major but it freaked me out a bit. I was fast asleep and nothing can wake me up when I'm sleeping, I've experience sleep paralysis a few times since I fall in to some really deep sleeps, but this one particular morning, I was awoken by this almighty BANG, as if a bomb had gone off outside or a large lorry had collided with another on the street and I swear there was a vibration like an earthquake, so I shot up out of bed to look out of the window, expecting to see a plume of smoke or carnage but there was nothing, and I thought it was weird that my dogs weren't barking at all. No one else was looking out of their windows either, was really eerie.

I asked my dad when he woke up if he might have heard anything but he was none the wiser, must have been something in my head, so strange though, the bang was deafening!
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night l had been reading in bed and decided it was time to go to sleep,l turned out the light and turned over to sleep. There was a loud thud, followed by a woosh type noise that accelerated up to the bed and across it. I had the feeling that if l looked something was hovering over me, so l kept my eyes shut and eventually fell asleep.

Now l had been watching Ghost Adventures on TV, and had watched Most Haunted in the afternoon. I have wondered previously if watching this kind of stuff "invites" something in. Neither shows spooked me and l did not dream or imagine what had happened.

This morning there is nothing disturbed and no explaination for the thud, which sounded like something falling.
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently reading through all of this, only up to page 18 so far, but I enjoy reading it on my own in the dark, trying to scare myself haha.

Something recently that happened, nothing major but it freaked me out a bit. I was fast asleep and nothing can wake me up when I'm sleeping, I've experience sleep paralysis a few times since I fall in to some really deep sleeps, but this one particular morning, I was awoken by this almighty BANG, as if a bomb had gone off outside or a large lorry had collided with another on the street and I swear there was a vibration like an earthquake, so I shot up out of bed to look out of the window, expecting to see a plume of smoke or carnage but there was nothing, and I thought it was weird that my dogs weren't barking at all. No one else was looking out of their windows either, was really eerie.

I asked my dad when he woke up if he might have heard anything but he was none the wiser, must have been something in my head, so strange though, the bang was deafening!

Have you heard of 'Exploding Head Syndrome'. Sounds similar to the bangs I get.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serenity79 wrote: »
    Have you heard of 'Exploding Head Syndrome'. Sounds similar to the bangs I get.

Hmm, I'll have to look that up! Messed up the brain though if you think about it. :eek:

Here's one that will mess with you; The brain is the only known thing in history to actually name itself! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member

Once, late at night, I head a massive BANG outside. Without exaggerating, it was the amount of loudness I'd expect a lorry to make if it fell from the 4th floor of a building.
    I got to the balcony and I wasn't the only one, people around were looking as well (some had probably been woken up). And yet there was nothing I could see that might have made that sound, no one else seemed like they could see anything either and I never found out anything about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    Living in a house haunted by something nasty. Things would be moved, bangs on the wall, things thrown, a shadow of a person walking through the room, also sitting in a chair and peering at you.

I don't like to tell people in real life about it as they just take the michael and think it's a joke, but it was truly the most terrifying and creepy thing to ever happen to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People have often told me creepy stories and you can tell if they are lying or not, I notice people start to fill up when they are telling you and you just know they aren't exaggerating.

Except from my sleep paralysis episodes which I knew I was having at the time so I just relaxed, I've never actually had any real moments of terror. I remember one dream though, it was a lad I didn't particularly like and he was playing next to a fast flowing river in which he fell. I had run over to try and grab him but missed, so I jumped in and I got dragged under. Next I'd wake up, struggling to breath and really shaken up. That happened a few times over a couple of weeks then suddenly stopped.

I guess I just blank them out of my memory if something does happen, as a sort of defense mechanism. I don't believe in the after-life which is another reason why I think I haven't and will never see anything, but reading through I've certainly got the shivers, even sitting at my desk in the middle of the day. Just interesting reading a load of different peoples experiences because I can be quite a gullible person.

Anywho, living in Wigan doesn't help, some of the people you see walking around here are enough to give you the heeby-jeebies for the rest of your life.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I often wake up, in the dead of night, thinking someone's just either shouted my name, or there's been a knock at the door.
  • twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daughter was very close to her Grandma, who passed away some years ago, and when alive she loved Lavender and lavender scented products. It was always her 'thing'. Anyhow, daughter went travelling to Australia as young people do in her gap year, and had a bit of a crisis and panic over feeling homesick in a rather grim hostel she was staying in, but then suddenly from nowhere strongly smelled lavender, and had the feeling her Grandma was with her. She calmed down, went to sleep and in the morning went to put her things in her backpack only to find a sprig of fresh lavender lying on top of the pack. She had not confided in her friends as they had been asleep already [and rather drunk] and she had had her little crisis of confidence late at night in the dorm of the hostel. Her friends were as mystified as she was. Not all that creepy but certainly strange!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dopplegangers are another supernatural/creepy thing I like to indulge in, some awesome stories of exact replica's of people, basically messing with people's heads!
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dopplegangers are another supernatural/creepy thing I like to indulge in, some awesome stories of exact replica's of people, basically messing with people's heads!

Aha! - this reminds me of something that happened a few years back - it was a stressful moment anyway so I've always thought I imagined it - my then boyfriend and I had been arguing and I was in the kitchen washing up at the sink - I glanced into the dining-room (the haunted one) and saw the side then back of him walking away - or so I thought. But then he spoke to me and was directly behind me .......so???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was one I was reading and a girl had a full conversation with her mum on the phone, nothing bad, just a general chat about T.V. and what they did during the day. After she had put the phone down and said her goodbye's, etc, there was a knock at the door, of course it was her mum who had driven a fair distance to see her and obviously couldn't have had a conversation with her on the phone for that amount of time whilst driving. Obviously shocked and after believing that her mum hadn't been speaking to her on the phone, she then proceeded to ring her mums number which had appeared on the phone and the mobile phone in her pocket began to ring, but there was no record on her phone of a recent call.

Proper mindblowing stuff!
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was one I was reading and a girl had a full conversation with her mum on the phone, nothing bad, just a general chat about T.V. and what they did during the day. After she had put the phone down and said her goodbye's, etc, there was a knock at the door, of course it was her mum who had driven a fair distance to see her and obviously couldn't have had a conversation with her on the phone for that amount of time whilst driving. Obviously shocked and after believing that her mum hadn't been speaking to her on the phone, she then proceeded to ring her mums number which had appeared on the phone and the mobile phone in her pocket began to ring, but there was no record on her phone of a recent call.

The same boyfriend I mentioned once talked to me through the bathroom door believing me to be in there and apparently I answered him - only trouble was I was in a completely different part of the property and never heard a thing. I have a very strange house.
  • owlie81owlie81 Posts: 154
    Forum Member

That's bizzare!

I always thought a dopleganger was just someone who looked the spit of someone else - if not identical to someone else. I never knew they were anything different or of a supernatural kind.

I'll have to look into that more....

Not really of the same ilk, but I find it creepy when I'm in the middle of doing something and I think I hear the person next to me say something - usually one word - and I turn to ask them what they said or respond to them and the say I never said anything. Sometimes I'll hear a word spoken and I'll know it was their voice but I'll know it wasn't them saying it (if you know what I mean).
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often wake up, in the dead of night, thinking someone's just either shouted my name, or there's been a knock at the door.

All pretty typical of Exploding Head Syndrome. I get bangs, shouts, screams, the doorbell and most lately, a whistle. :confused: They will wake me up and I will be convinced the sound was 'exterior' to me, but often my OH will be awake in the same room and will swear blind that nothing has made any noise - it has been inside my head.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Serenity79 wrote: »
    All pretty typical of Exploding Head Syndrome. I get bangs, shouts, screams, the doorbell and most lately, a whistle. :confused: They will wake me up and I will be convinced the sound was 'exterior' to me, but often my OH will be awake in the same room and will swear blind that nothing has made any noise - it has been inside my head.

I get this occasionally too. I've had bangs, shouts and the doorbell. I didn't know it was a known syndrome. Never thought it was paranormal either, mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I get this a lot too, most recently it was my dad shouting my name. Didn't realise it was a 'thing'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    People have often told me creepy stories and you can tell if they are lying or not, I notice people start to fill up when they are telling you and you just know they aren't exaggerating.

Except from my sleep paralysis episodes which I knew I was having at the time so I just relaxed, I've never actually had any real moments of terror. I remember one dream though, it was a lad I didn't particularly like and he was playing next to a fast flowing river in which he fell. I had run over to try and grab him but missed, so I jumped in and I got dragged under. Next I'd wake up, struggling to breath and really shaken up. That happened a few times over a couple of weeks then suddenly stopped.

I guess I just blank them out of my memory if something does happen, as a sort of defense mechanism. I don't believe in the after-life which is another reason why I think I haven't and will never see anything, but reading through I've certainly got the shivers, even sitting at my desk in the middle of the day. Just interesting reading a load of different peoples experiences because I can be quite a gullible person.

Anywho, living in Wigan doesn't help, some of the people you see walking around here are enough to give you the heeby-jeebies for the rest of your life.

Can I ask, was the boy you were dreaming about bullying you in real life?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask, was the boy you were dreaming about bullying you in real life?

We had our differences and scuffles, I wouldn't say he was bullying me per se, but I used to get quite defensive about trivial things and take them to heart when they probably meant nothing.

Maybe he was trying to bully me and wasn't very good at it.
    Forum Member
    My daughter was very close to her Grandma, who passed away some years ago, and when alive she loved Lavender and lavender scented products. It was always her 'thing'. Anyhow, daughter went travelling to Australia as young people do in her gap year, and had a bit of a crisis and panic over feeling homesick in a rather grim hostel she was staying in, but then suddenly from nowhere strongly smelled lavender, and had the feeling her Grandma was with her. She calmed down, went to sleep and in the morning went to put her things in her backpack only to find a sprig of fresh lavender lying on top of the pack. She had not confided in her friends as they had been asleep already [and rather drunk] and she had had her little crisis of confidence late at night in the dorm of the hostel. Her friends were as mystified as she was. Not all that creepy but certainly strange!

Thats beautiful, Ive heard lots of things similar too. At times of crisis in my life I have smelt Yardley (dont know if they make this anymore) a familiar smell from my childhood
    Forum Member
    We had our differences and scuffles, I wouldn't say he was bullying me per se, but I used to get quite defensive about trivial things and take them to heart when they probably meant nothing.

Maybe he was trying to bully me and wasn't very good at it.

Im into dream analysis so thought this might be a bullying thing as it sounds like it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im into dream analysis so thought this might be a bullying thing as it sounds like it

It was six of one and half a dozen of the other. Maybe he had similar dreams about me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he was bullying me, somewhat successfully, why would I have tried to save him in the dram though? Possibly because I had unfinished business?
This discussion has been closed.