Options

Pick get the UK rights to Z Nation

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I can remember when Citizen Z was trying to trace the hack it seemed to have originated somewhere in Russia so that would explain why he hallucinated a cosmonaut rather than an astronaut.

I think the producers wanted to remind us what a barsteward Murphy can be so that's why they had him robbing the mother and daughter and letting the zombie dad in to eat them

Was I the only one who noticed a Mountie zombie?? :)
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The epsiodes are starting to be a bit too similar week-to-week now.

Having watched at US pace and without wanting to give anything away, Episodes 8 & 9 disappointed me.

Episode 10 recaptures the joy (and contains my favourite line of the series) and from then on the variety of plot stays strong. By the time you reach 13 it will be :o:cool:

In short hang on in there
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    ... Was I the only one who noticed a Mountie zombie?? :)
    No, I saw that too! Was there a 'costume bingo' competition that we missed?
    platelet wrote: »
    Having watched at US pace and without wanting to give anything away, ...
    Then don't!!! :mad:
    Try some spoiler tags please...
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    No, I saw that too!

Then don't!!! :mad:

platelet didn't post any spoilers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet didn't post any spoilers
    It doesn't have to be exact details if you give away enough of the shape of which way it's going.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Help I'm conflicted! First we have Murphy :eek: and then we have Murphy :cry:

So they got lucky with the zunami *this time* and with any large wave it's going to be sloshing around a bit, does it bounce straight back when it hits the coast, or is the sea going to become very interesting for navigation?

With the unexpected visitor, I think given all the clues everyone would surely have been leaning towards the truth when he used Citizen Z's real name. The suit could easily have been clean due to not being used much but the pristine white long johns - now that I look back this should have been the most blatant '/trout' of a clue :blush:

I guessed it was a hallucination very early on. I think I twigged when the cosmonaut kept asking him what was wrong with the dog. At the time I assumed it was a gas leak. Then I remembered that Citizen Z got very dizzy and almost lost consciousness just before he started hallucinating. Then when the cosmonaut called him Simon I was convinced.
    Any other series and I think most people would have guessed immediately as soon as they saw a spaceman in the full getup as it's so far-fetched. But as this is Z Nation we sort of half expect outlandish things to happen anyway.:D

I really enjoyed the episode. Quite tense with them stuck in that mortuary.
    I was really liking Murphy over the last few weeks, but in the latter ha;f of the episode after what he did I just want him dead now.

I think the series is definitely missing Chris who got killed off a couple of weeks ago. For some reason it feels it's missing something and somehow empty without him there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Around what exactly? All I gave was my mood at the episodes - no details of their contents. You seriously think knowing the later episodes will be enjoyable is a spoiler?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't have to be exact details if you give away enough of the shape of which way it's going.

I know what you mean in that it can. If you're watching an episode which had previously been described as happy or tragic, while you're watching it you'll sort of know what direction the episode is going in as you've been given a clue whether someone who's in danger in it will live or die.
    Hopefully the poster just meant that the episode was joyous in terms of entertainment value rather than anything story related.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. If you're watching an episode which had previously been described as happy or tragic, while you're watching it you'll sort of know what direction the episode is going in as you've been given a clue whether someone who's in danger in it will live or die.

Ah, getting the drift now.

I was on about my joy / enjoyment of the episode, not if the episode itself was full of joy or tragedy etc. (I honestly couldn't remember) No clues in there I promise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, getting the drift now.

I was on about my joy / enjoyment of the episode, not if the episode itself was full of joy or tragedy etc. (I honestly couldn't remember) No clues in there I promise

Thanks. That's what I suspected may have been the case.:)
    I edited my post as you were responding to clarify that I was just speaking in general and wasn't necessarily blaming you for anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. That's what I suspected may have been the case.:)
    I edited my post as you were responding to clarify that I was just speaking in general and wasn't necessarily blaming you for anything.

No worries. I appreciated the steer as to why my post could have been read that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... No clues in there I promise
    Then I will take a deep breath and go and have a nice calming cup of tea!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then I will take a deep breath and go and have a nice calming cup of tea!

:cool:
  • Options
    idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love this show and it has crept up to be my favourite thing on TV at the moment. I thought initially it was going to be really cheap but in some ways I prefer it to The Walking Dead (and definitely prefer it to Fear The Walking Dead).

I love that the group keep moving and every week it's a new location and new characters. I felt TWD got bogged down a bit in the prison in season 4, and season 5 was all over the place. The characters are really growing on me, especially 10K, Murphy, Doc and Addy, and it's a lot funnier than other zombie shows. Murphy is something we have never seen before and I'm intrigued to see where his story is going, and it has it's own atmosphere and take on things - we've never seen a zunami before!

I also have the biggest crush on 10K! He's gorgeous :)

When is season 2 due, do we know?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When is season 2 due, do we know?

Season 2 starts in the States on Friday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Season 2 starts in the States on Friday

That is great news! I can't believe how into this show I've got. It was the cannibals episode that got me hooked, it was genuinely disturbing and made me think that maybe this was more than some cheap Sharknado zombie cash-in.
  • Options
    scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really suprised as to how much I like this.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And so Season 2 began and ....
    I wasn't disappointed
    All of ya need to CLOSE YOUR EYES RIGHT NOW. ^_^
    also, breathing thru a t-shirt doesn't protect you from inhaling radiated dust.
    "Defensives engaged" :D
    Lara Croft Lives. :)
    Lesbian Zombie smooching :p Lesbian Zombie munching :o
    Let's leave our bag loads of weapons out here in the open. :confused:
    ^check list of happenings during the ep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would anyone care to hazard a guess what last night's episode was all about?! I really enjoyed it but was thoroughly confused by the end. Was the whole thing Addy's dream?

That lone zombie (nearly said walker there, force of habit!) was really scary though!
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    God knows what it was about..........I was losing interest to be honest......:blush:

Especially after last week when we had the whole Citizen Z hallucination/dream episode and now this one

Who's dream is it next week ?

I'd rather get on with the story.......
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    yeah the whole dream sequence was strange, after a while i guessed they never left the forest and the rest was just a dream, nice to see some character development for Addy though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bit of a mistake to have the "Addy's dream" episode straight after Citizen Z's hallucination, and I missed the rest of the crew. Hopefully they will all re-group next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't the best episode, but it seems that even when Z Nation is a bit crap by its own standards it's still pretty good.

I enjoyed the idea, I really did. But the problem for me is that I was expecting a bit more at the end. It seemed like a very long-winded way of getting to the point to tell us that Addy killed her mum. After all that at the end I thought "Oh? Is that it?".
    We sort of expect characters to have killed a member of their family or close friends in these zombie series, we take it as a given. So the ending just didn't seem to offer anything surprising or interesting.

For this episode to not feature many of the other main characters I think it needed to deliver a much bigger payoff at the end. Like a big reveal which changes everything. Which this didn't really do.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bit of a mistake to have the "Addy's dream" episode straight after Citizen Z's hallucination, and I missed the rest of the crew. Hopefully they will all re-group next week.

Yeah It was a bit odd to have two dream episodes back to back. I got the feeling that this was one of those bottle episodes that they make to save the budget for the more action packed ones.

I thought it was quite a good idea though, just slightly spoiled by the actresses rather poor attempting at portraying crying. I know they were meant to be dehydrated, but I would have expected at least a few actual tears...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was an almost-thoughtful episode, notwithstanding the setting of groundhog day with added uber-zombie concept - which in itself was well covered, especially when he twigged the role of said non-caped crusader initially thought to be fighting for the good of z-kind.

I twigged it was a repeat-until-fixed thing but it wasn't until I saw the wall with door that it was a definite memory unlocking thing, along with all the various metaphoricals about the gatekeeper, who actually opens the door, who steps through it, and whose dream that actually was.
    I'm reasonably sure it wasn't supposed to be some 'dream share' thing because an afternoon nap is a designated hazardous activity, second only to a morning stroll and any dream or half-dream is going to be more than slightly influenced by what's around you - perhaps accentuated by the idyllic setting.

And I fully admit to that most definitely being a case of over-thinking.