Quantum Leap

QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
Forum Member
✭✭
I was wondering if there are any fans of Quantum Leap that uses DS.

It was one of my all time favourite TV shows and still is. I have them all on DVD and hope that someday they'll get remastered for Blu-Ray.

What was your favourite episode? Mines has to be Shock Theatre, it was the series 3 ender.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Big fan of Quantum Leap, Sam remains one of the most honourable television creations ever alongside one of the more reprehensible in Al :p

Cannot remember the exact episode title, But its the one with Al as the devil Baaaaaa, loved that episode :eek:
  • QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkest1 wrote: »
    Big fan of Quantum Leap, Sam remains one of the most honourable television creations ever alongside one of the more reprehensible in Al :p

Cannot remember the exact episode title, But its the one with Al as the devil Baaaaaa, loved that episode :eek:

That would be a B**gieman. Scared the Bejaysus out of me when I first saw it.

I daren't say the full title of the episode, as it is said to be cursed, much like the Scottish Play.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Oh Yeah.

I've been watching them on Sci-Fi. Favourite episode is the one where they swap over. Or the one's with the evil version of Sam. Trying to make wrong what once went right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I love the Show, Still try and catch it when its being repeated on SciFi.
    There are loads of great episode, but I always liked the one where sam and al switched places. :D
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I always liked the 'Jimmy' episodes, and The Leap Home is brilliant as well.

Terrific show, and I'm very pleased to have it on DVD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    That would be a B**gieman. Scared the Bejaysus out of me when I first saw it.

I daren't say the full title of the episode, as it is said to be cursed, much like the Scottish Play.

I still get chills watching that episode, Only recently finished off my dvd collection and the ending remains far too sad......Sam should have got home :cry:
  • zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge QL fan, even wrote one of my English papers on it when I was doing my GCSEs. I have all the novels including the first two that that are based on episodes from the TV series, a bunch a few of the comic books including the one where Sam leaps into a alien. I also bought this http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/4e/e9/f16f729fd7a07ed883bdc010.L._SL500_AA240_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Quantum-Official-Publication-Television/dp/0806516992&usg=__Vcz7WC5ijVaIarU1hseJ_wwFnC0=&h=240&w=240&sz=13&hl=en&start=3&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=18iX26JyfKefxM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=110&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dquantum%2Bleap%2Bbook%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1 book with some beautiful pictures form the series and is still in mint condition largely due to being packed away in a box with all my comic books and trading cards that I have. I was also a member of the QL fan club for a while.

Oh and I also attended Accelerate 96 with a few friends where they had John D'Aquino http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0195383/ attended.

It also the only show I remember my mum sitting down to watch with me and laughing everytime Al got his wives confused and Sam said "Oh Boy" at the end of a episode.

Okay so do i win biggest geek award too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zantarous wrote: »
    Huge QL fan, even wrote one of my English papers on it when I was doing my GCSEs. I have all the novels including the first two that that are based on episodes from the TV series, a bunch a few of the comic books including the one where Sam leaps into a alien. I also bought this http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/4e/e9/f16f729fd7a07ed883bdc010.L._SL500_AA240_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Quantum-Official-Publication-Television/dp/0806516992&usg=__Vcz7WC5ijVaIarU1hseJ_wwFnC0=&h=240&w=240&sz=13&hl=en&start=3&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=18iX26JyfKefxM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=110&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dquantum%2Bleap%2Bbook%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1 book with some beautiful pictures form the series and is still in mint condition largely due to being packed away in a box with all my comic books and trading cards that I have. I was also a member of the QL fan club for a while.

Oh and I also attended Accelerate 96 with a few friends where they had John D'Aquino http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0195383/ attended.

It also the only show I remember my mum sitting down to watch with me and laughing everytime Al got his wives confused and Sam said "Oh Boy" at the end of a episode.

Okay so do i win biggest geek award too?

No. I've got all that, plus a signed photo of Scott Bakula and a Quantum Leap stainless-steel watch.

I'm the biggest geek lol
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved the show. I've dstill got a 'Quantum Leap' baseball cap that I bought in LA in 1992. I liked 'Kami-Kazi Kid', the afor mentioned 'Leap Home' and 'A Leap For Lisa'.

It was a shame when they ran out of ideas towards the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't that they ran out of ideas, but more that NBC put pressure on Donald P. Bellsario to write more episode featuring celebrities from the past, such as Elvis, Dr. Ruth, etc..

They were grand in themselves, but there was too many for one series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I though the trilogy following that one girl as she grew up was kind of a brave attempt and worked really well. Have to say Evil Leaper episodes rule as does the one where Al gets erased from history and we Get an English version for a while.

So love to watch these through even couple years or so and although dated they still have far better stories and are told far better and acted more superior than a lot of today's drivel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Ohh boy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't that they ran out of ideas, but more that NBC put pressure on Donald P. Bellsario to write more episode featuring celebrities from the past, such as Elvis, Dr. Ruth, etc..

They were grand in themselves, but there was too many for one series.

I didn't know that. Fair enough. What was the excuse for breaking the rules of Sam's theory and sending him back to the Civil War?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I didn't know that. Fair enough. What was the excuse for breaking the rules of Sam's theory and sending him back to the Civil War?

I think it was something like there was a storm back in the present day at the time of that leap and Ziggy got "confused" between Becketts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I think it was something like there was a storm back in the present day at the time of that leap and Ziggy got "confused" between Becketts

Not quite. Sam shared very similiar DNA, which allowed him to leap into his Great-Grandfather.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not quite. Sam shared very similiar DNA, which allowed him to leap into his Great-Grandfather.

How on earth did they have an example of the earlier Beckett's DNA??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know what excuse they gave in the writing, but I just hated it. When you start breaking the rules of your own show, you are running out of stories, IMHO.

'Theorising that one could travel within his own lifetime...' It's the opening line of the show FFS!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    How on earth did they have an example of the earlier Beckett's DNA??

PQL didn't leap Sam into his Great-Grandfather, it was GTFW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    PQL didn't leap Sam into his Great-Grandfather, it was GTFW.

Pardon??
  • stuartmckstuartmck Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I assume:
    PQL = Project Quantum Leap
    GTFW - God, The Universe, Fate, Whatever
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stuartmck wrote: »
    I assume:
    PQL = Project Quantum Leap
    GTFW - God, The Universe, Fate, Whatever

Close.

PQL - Project Quantum Leap

GTFW - God, Time, Fate, Whatever.
  • zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't break the rule the expanded upon it. I can't say that S5 was weak, it has some great episodes:

# Leaping of The Shrew
    # Nowhere to Run
    # Killin' Time
    # Star Light, Star Bright
    # Evil Leaper I: Deliver Us From Evil
    # Trilogy Part I: One Little Heart
    # Trilogy Part II: For Your Love
    # Trilogy Part III: The Last Door
    # Dr. Ruth
    # Evil Leaper II: Return
    # Evil Leaper III: Revenge
    # The Leap Between The States
    # Memphis Melody
    # Mirror Image

Thats pretty much the whole season and even some of the ones I left out like Promised Land and Goodbye Norma Jean were pretty damn good.

I really wanted to see Sam leap into the future and the Magnum episode which DP really wanted to do.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    Flinkman47 wrote: »
    Ohh boy!
    Not long enough ;)

Yes. I love the show too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched it for years, but I very clearly remember trying to pretend that I wasn't crying when Sam couldn't get home because I didn't want my aunt to see!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I am now humming the theme song thanks to this thread!!