Has Simon lost anyone else's respect

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondering like me has simon lost anyone else's respect. In previous years simon use to have my respect, but not any more following this years fix factor. I once felt that simon listend to the public. but this year you can see he is manipulating the uk public into having the show his way. why else would there be a sing off in the semi finals. I don't see the point in wasting my money on votes when simon will get the vote he wants anyway. The show might as well get rid of the public vote and let the judges deciced. when simon goes back to the US i hope he buys a one way tickect and never returns. Any one else got there opinions on the simon

Comments

• astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's an example of how you can use other people for massive personal gain. In a just world, he'd be rotting in a bedsit somewhere.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He lost my respect last year when he put Jedward through over Lucy in the sing of, despite blasting Jedward for weeks and praising Lucy.

This year he's become alot worse.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    I used to be one of his biggest fans, now I can't stand him. Definitely outstayed his welcome.
  • candy1970candy1970 Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    He hasn't lost my respect. He never had it in the first place.
  • kazzamackazzamac Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    He lost my respect last year when he put Jedward through over Lucy in the sing of, despite blasting Jedward for weeks and praising Lucy.

Agre with this, Simon is only interested in who he can market more not who is the best singer. For me this years xfactor has been a farce from start to finish
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges shoud just choose the 4 acts that they want in the final & dispense with all the weeks & weeks of tribulations beforehand.

There is absolutely no point in the public spending money to vote on this show.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will always have my respect...as long as he keeps serving up "bread & circuses" which the population swallow while he makes millions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon has become a victim of his own ego
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost respect...for Simon Cowell !
    Did anyone ever respect him ?..they are words I would never expect to see in the same sentence.
    I have a grudging admiration for all the money he's made..and that's about it.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is the be all and end all for Cowell. He doesn't really get much money from albums by artists (except Leona) because he isn't interested in marketing them. He's hoping to be able to score as big with his USA X Factor too.

He's never had my respect.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely. I used to think Simon was great at what he did and you could always be assured that he would give an honest judgment. Not anymore.
    The man is a complete waste of space these days. He talks the biggest load of rubbish and has absolutely no credibility as a judge now in my opinion.

Last year was bad enough, this year has been a complete joke. It seems his brain has lost control to his balls, and operates only to please Tweedy.
    He needs to get over his obsession with a girl young enough to be his daughter and makes him look like a complete fool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    The better question would be "Does anyone else still respect Simon Cowell"
  • cgkcgk Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a lot of respect for the guy, he makes a lot off money off the back off a lot of suckers - everybody *knows* they are suckers but they keep picking up the phone, that's pure genius as far as I am concerned.
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never respected the man since he showed his true colours right after the first Pop Idol final way back in 2002. His immortal words "It doesn't matter who the public voted for etc." was proof back then that he thought he could manipulate the result to suit is own agenda. Nothing's changed and sadly, he still gets away with fooling a lot of trusting voters.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never had much respect for him in the first place, this is just about making money for him, and in fairness it does provide a good bit of entertainment for viewers.

This year Simon has completely lost the plot, his sniggering with, and fawning over Cheryl has been cringeworthy, and he has embarassed himself by some of his remarks, calling One Direction the biggest band when you have Take That, Westlife and JLS racing to the top of the charts with every release and having sell out concerts, is just stupid, and his sarcasm to a T caller who dared to question Cheryl was nasty and arrogent.
  • wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    i used to respect his ability to make great TV shows - now his comtempt for the viewing public sickens me
  • EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never really 'respected' Simon Cowell - but I did once think he may have had an inkling of knowledge about what he was talking about.

He used to go on and on about how acts weren't singing in tune, were off key, were shouting instead of singing, didn't dance enough, were one trick ponies etc etc - where has that gone? Now he thinks everyone is brilliant where in previous years he would have made a negative comment. Now he just insults their clothes and staging.
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    candy1970 wrote: »
    He hasn't lost my respect. He never had it in the first place.

^^^^^^^^ This

The guy's music biz back catalogue is actually an embarassmwnt of cack. To see him lauded as some Svengali, when he's almost single-handedly destroying UK pop culture is a joke.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think falling in love and gettin engaged has made him soft...he used to be the best judge by far and would usually cut through all the BS and say what everyone else was thinking..this year he wont say anything without sugar coating it first
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »

Yep, same for me.
    Since that moment I haven't trusted or believed a single word he's said, and I don't think even he believes what he says. Everything that comes out of his mouth is to elicit some reaction from people for his own personal gain.
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes!!! ages ago!!!! last night was nothing compared to what he did to lucie!!
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    astounded wrote: »
    He's an example of how you can use other people for massive personal gain. In a just world, he'd be rotting in a bedsit somewhere.

I totally agree.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    iluvdannii wrote: »
    yes!!! ages ago!!!! last night was nothing compared to what he did to lucie!!
    But to be fair to Simon with that one, and I'm no fan, she was bottom in the public vote. Also Jedward brought more attention to the show which was why they'd been put in the live shows in the first place.

I think the most honest of Simon's shows is Britain's Got Talent as it's genuinely about public entertainment and not a pretend singing or dancing competition.
  • LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering like me has simon lost anyone else's respect. In previous years simon use to have my respect, but not any more following this years fix factor. I once felt that simon listend to the public. but this year you can see he is manipulating the uk public into having the show his way. why else would there be a sing off in the semi finals. I don't see the point in wasting my money on votes when simon will get the vote he wants anyway. The show might as well get rid of the public vote and let the judges deciced. when simon goes back to the US i hope he buys a one way tickect and never returns. Any one else got there opinions on the simon

Agree, Simon has lost my respect because of this year's farce of a show, that is the Fix Factor.
    wish he would take his golden girl Cheryl with him and crawl under a stone and disappear for good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I respect him more because he knows how to manipulate the public into giving him their money, because that's all you're doing when you vote or enter the competitions.