Options

Hope they find a real star this year

MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
Forum Member
Depends on what you believe star means of course

But for me its the quality of the voice, it doesn't matter what they sing it sounds great and that's what makes me buy music

Anyways I know its tough one on XFactor but here's hoping

Comments

• Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm one day hoping to see the Easter Bunny and a Flying pig .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    len112 wrote: »
    I'm one day hoping to see the Easter Bunny and a Flying pig .

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will never get another Leona Lewis sadly. But I do hope there will be a power vocalist. And please no fun acts.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    After the last few underwhelming winners, this series really does need a fantastic winner who can go on to have a career with longevity. Something to justify extending the contract for another 3 series - not that ITV care. They just want the £££££ *.* £££££

At the moment Leona and Little Mix are the only former winners on the verge of releasing new material.

As long as the voting public continue voting for bland males with average voices and stubble, then X Factor will never produce another big winner. I dare say this years winner needs to be:

1. Female
    2. Under 20
    3. Incredible voice
    4. Appeal to female voters (major issue with UK talent shows)

Otherwise it'll be another Ben Whonow? winning. :s
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be pretty hard for them to find the new Olly Murs or JLS. Probably not going to happen unfortunately.
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest the show has clowned itself up too much by wanting dance routines, posers, or shouters that pretend that they're belting to win or do well all of the time.

It makes a mockery of the process I feel.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if they find anyone as good as Fleur East then they will do well.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Long gone are the days we get people like Leona Lewis/Alexandra Burke on the show.

If you compare Leona Lewis to one of the most recent females - Fleur East/Lauren Platt/Tamera Foster - it really makes you realise how low the talent bar is in recent years :/ So sad.
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think, regarding last year's series, it's too early to say whether anyone will or won't be a star. It depends on what the likes of Ben, Fleur, Stereo Kicks etc. put out when they start promoting their albums.

I don't think the show will get someone as talented as Leona or as huge as One Direction ever again, however.
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long gone are the days we get people like Leona Lewis/Alexandra Burke on the show.

If you compare Leona Lewis to one of the most recent females - Fleur East/Lauren Platt/Tamera Foster - it really makes you realise how low the talent bar is in recent years :/ So sad.

I felt that Alexandra was average away from Listen though controversially.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if they find anyone as good as Fleur East then they will do well.

Haha oh I think you misread my post, Fleur was a good entertainer but her voice was average at best
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha oh I think you misread my post, Fleur was a good entertainer but her voice was average at best

We will see when her album comes out. I have a good feeling it's going to do really well.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will see when her album comes out. I have a good feeling it's going to do really well.

The thing is, will it actually be her on the album or a studio auto-tuned clone of her like with Ben who was totally unrecognisable?
    My money is on a clone :D
  • Options
    Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is we get genuinely talented female singers such as LAUREN but are ruined when they are forced to sing something out of their comfort zone every week cause no one wants to see what they are good at

I much rather see people like LAUREN perform to her strengths and take songs and make it into her style (see her years and years by kings cover, that would have been her best performance on the show)

I want to see what the artist is good at not what they are weak at
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is we get genuinely talented female singers such as LAUREN but are ruined when they are forced to sing something out of their comfort zone every week cause no one wants to see what they are good at

I much rather see people like LAUREN perform to her strengths and take songs and make it into her style (see her years and years by kings cover, that would have been her best performance on the show)

I want to see what the artist is good at not what they are weak at

What is lauren doing at the moment?. It's all gone very quiet.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is lauren doing at the moment?. It's all gone very quiet.

I think the point Robert was making is that Simon controls everything we see/hear from songs to clothing to VT's, in other words he manipulates the public and contestants...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dia6olo wrote: »
    I think the point Robert was making is that Simon controls everything we see/hear from songs to clothing to VT's, in other words he manipulates the public and contestants...

That has always been the case since the show started, and he does the same on BGT. Having said that the majority of the GBP should be capable of making up their own minds as to who they like.
  • Options
    Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That has always been the case since the show started, and he does the same on BGT. Having said that the majority of the GBP should be capable of making up their own minds as to who they like.

The key to what you said there is should be able to make up their own minds... which it seems the majority are not capable of doing as proven year after year when they fall for Simon's manipulation
  • Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong - he doesn't watch any kind of rehearsals on BGT and lets himself be surprised. :)
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    As long as the voting public continue voting for bland males with average voices and stubble, then X Factor will never produce another big winner. I dare say this years winner needs to be:

1. Female
    2. Under 20
    3. Incredible voice
    4. Appeal to female voters (major issue with UK talent shows)

And in recent years since 2011, the girls category has had the worst luck, due to countless reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren is doing Vlogs and blogs atm. Dont think shes being managed Ron advised correctly tbh. Has said She would do covers but has only done 1. If I'm honest she isn't doing enough which some of her fans worry about
  • Options
    Harrison_FisherHarrison_Fisher Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Lauren is doing Vlogs and blogs atm. Dont think shes being managed Ron advised correctly tbh. Has said She would do covers but has only done 1. If I'm honest she isn't doing enough which some of her fans worry about

She's on the same management site as the top 3
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think, on the topic of last year's series, Ben and Fleur will have successful album campaigns this year. Of course, whether they have longevity is quite another matter.

Andrea is very talented, but I can't see him doing that well personally. Stereo Kicks I also doubt will take off, kind of like Union J never did. As for Only The Young, it depends on what they come out with - I can see them possibly doing quite well.

As for Lauren, I doubt she'll even get signed now tbh.
  • Options
    Harrison_FisherHarrison_Fisher Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    http://www.jamesgrant.com/music/james-grant-music-artists/ Stevi Ritchie and Stereo Kicks are there too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's on the same management site as the top 3

Doesn't mean it's good for her lol