Jenna has a point about the Americans and the task.

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
Why were the Americans picked to be servants ?
Are all the UK housemates royals simply because they are from the UK ?
Personally I think it should have been done at random with a mixture of UK/USA royals, or more interestingly put a twist on the task and made all the Americans royals... Seeing as they did win the last task.
The Americans seem to have had a raw deal all the way through so far . Considering they are making the show I don't think it's particularly fair . As loathesome as some of them are RE Farrah

Comments

• Brandon_SmithBrandon_Smith Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with that too i think the americans should be given power for a task but tbh its also unfair as they have also gotten the most air time
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, Jenna was right. Don't really see why the Americans have to be servants. It should have been mixed teams.
  • Brandon_SmithBrandon_Smith Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    I agree, Jenna was right. Don't really see why the Americans have to be servants. It should have been mixed teams.

They should have given them a task so they can compete to see which team gets power
  • MavisConsuelaMavisConsuela Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a twist that will benefit the US contestants I believe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Personally I think it should have been done at random with a mixture of UK/USA royals, or more interestingly put a twist on the task and made all the Americans royals... Seeing as they did win the last task.
    The Americans seem to have had a raw deal all the way through so far . Considering they are making the show I don't think it's particularly fair . As loathesome as some of them are RE Farrah

"The Americans seem to have had a raw deal all the way through so far . Considering they are making the show I don't think it's particularly fair . As loathesome as some of them are RE Farrah"

Surely that's what this series is all about? To make Brits feel good about themselves.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    The theme of the show is UK vs USA, so it wouldn't make sense to have mixed teams.

It's a bit of fun, Christ. Anyone would think they were being sent down the mines for 12 hours a day. :D

If I was stuck in that house, I'd prefer to be on the servants team because then I'd actually have something to do!
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isnt it because theyre still under uk rule because bobby davro beat janice in the opening task?
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    It's long overdue the the Yanks serve the Brits....they think they should never be servants, American's have an entitlement issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    There has to be a twist where the British switch with the American's. The British are letting them selves down a bit though. If you watched the LF last night they were going over the top with some of the demands. I know it's a game but try to have sympathy for them as it's unfair their being punished for not being British.
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they're being worked really hard aren't they?😏
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who's from neither the UK or the USA, I think it's borderline xenophobic.

The entire narration; the way Emma announced it and the crowd received it. The whole thing is just driven to stir up ill feeling towards the US housemates - down to the US housemates they selected.

It stinks to high heaven.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    As someone who's from neither the UK or the USA, I think it's borderline xenophobic.

The entire narration; the way Emma announced it and the crowd received it. The whole thing is just driven to stir up ill feeling towards the US housemates - down to the US housemates they selected.

Oh come on, it's a game show! The theme is UK vs USA. It's meant to be a bit of rivalry, not genuine tension between two countries.

Besides, it's being held in the UK and the US contestants were clearly happy to come over here and take part. No one was forced to go in and no one is being forced to stay.

It's just typical celebs being primadonnas because they're not used to doing things for anyone but themselves. :D
    Forum Member

Yes, of course it's xenophobic.

Geared to the very smallest minded.

FFS. As if the British press wasn't enough.

Americans, when they think about the UK at all, are very supportive. Brits, when they think about Americans - which is really far too often - have a huge chip of some kind.
    Forum Member
    Paul237 wrote: »
    Oh come on, it's a game show! The theme is UK vs USA. It's meant to be a bit of rivalry, not genuine tension between two countries.

Besides, it's being held in the UK and the US contestants were clearly happy to come over here and take part. No one was forced to go in and no one is being forced to stay.

It's just typical celebs being primadonnas because they're not used to doing things for anyone but themselves. :D

It doesn't really work like that though, does it? Americans quite like Brits. I've lived here for 30 years, and I don't actually know many Brits who like Americans. It's a very weird CBB theme, to say the least. Designed to make hatred concrete, I think.
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    Paul237 wrote: »
    It's a bit of fun, Christ. Anyone would think they were being sent down the mines for 12 hours a day. :D
    Yes they're being worked really hard aren't they?😏

:D I don't think we need to petition Amnesty International quite yet... ;-)
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Surely that's what this series is all about? To make Brits feel good about themselves.
    Of course it is. And this show will take the low road to that at every opportunity. It will milk them getting a raw deal. Then milk them complaining about it. Then milk people getting offended that they are complaining about it.

There's no "fairness" on Big Brother. Never has been, never will be. It's about engaging the viewing audience as a mob, and feeding them what they need to tune in again next series.
  • blahblahblah57blahblahblah57 Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason the American hms were chosen for this task was, purely and simply - and for no other reason, than doing this task would cause them to kick off even more than they have been , causing Farrah to be more obnoxious and Janice to be more infuriating.

Could you imagine the Brits doing it? They would happily wait on the others hand and foot.
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trev_IRL wrote: »
    There has to be a twist where the British switch with the American's. The British are letting them selves down a bit though. If you watched the LF last night they were going over the top with some of the demands. I know it's a game but try to have sympathy for them as it's unfair their being punished for not being British.
    They weren't punished, as the UK Team won and had the right of rule. Looks like sour grapes to me the way the US team carried on. They chose not to find fun in that task last night.
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I understand the tasks done at the start of BB were to appoint a Prime Minister/President depending who won. UK won and Bobby was PM but his reign was over before the shopping task started. BB explained on launch night to Rylan/Katie P that the USA Hms were going to be servants and a twist will be part of the task

Rylan and Katie's secret mission
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/rylan-and-katie-prices-secret-mission

Day 5: Prime Minister Bobby prepares to leave office
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-5-prime-minister-bobby-prepares-leave-office
    2 days ago
    It's been three days since Prime Minister Bobby Davro became leader of the House of Big Brother, and what an eventful three days they've been. Whatever chaos has been going on around him, we've always been able to count on Bobby to keep a cool head and remind everyone who was in charge. Namely, him. But like all good things, Bobby's term of office has to come to an end.

Task twist
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-7-royal-disgrace-there%E2%80%99s-secret-task-twist

Task sabotage
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-7-watch-sabotaged-royal-interview
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »

The Americans will get they're turn
    Forum Member
    Kromm wrote: »
    Of course it is. And this show will take the low road to that at every opportunity. It will milk them getting a raw deal. Then milk them complaining about it. Then milk people getting offended that they are complaining about it.

There's no "fairness" on Big Brother. Never has been, never will be. It's about engaging the viewing audience as a mob, and feeding them what they need to tune in again next series.

And a safe target. Hard to complain about "racism", for what is essentially stage-manged xenophobia. Whatever. I don't want to watch it, because I live here as a foreigner, and I don't want to believe the worst about the people among whom I live.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with that too i think the americans should be given power for a task but tbh its also unfair as they have also gotten the most air time

That's not their doing, that's the editors.
  • innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member

The Americans are getting most air time because they are about a million times more entertainment the dull dud British housemates.

It's also interesting seeing the Americans being forced to act like servants. If they hadn't beaten us in the second world war they would all be serving us like royalty.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't really work like that though, does it? Americans quite like Brits. I've lived here for 30 years, and I don't actually know many Brits who like Americans. It's a very weird CBB theme, to say the least. Designed to make hatred concrete, I think.

I always think how funny it is that the British so openly show such a hatred for Americans, when it's clearly not returned. Because logically, its should be the other way around. After all, America was founded by driving out the British rule. That could easily foster hard-feelings, but it doesn't.
  • Forever ChangesForever Changes Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no I think this series is offensive for different reasons. It has a whiff of anti-UKIP, anti-Britishness

I think the whole thing should be axed before it starts to become a political minefield