Chris Brown breaks down at the BET awards 2010

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    He choked her till she was unconscious.
    Brown went looking for the keys but couldn't find them. In a fit of rage he came back to the car, put his hands around Rihanna's neck and said "I'm going to kill you!"
    http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/2476347-chris-brown-choked-rihanna-unconscious-threatened-to-kill-her

Guys could do anything to a woman and you will still have women who think they can tame them.:(

yes I know that, I think I made it clear that what he did to Rihanna was very wrong and very unfortunate....he was naive in the context of repairing his career so soon after the incident is what I was meant to say
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily_2008 wrote: »
    Lol to be honest most of his new songs are about how much he misses Rihanna.

His new girlfriend looks like Rihanna.

http://www.dailyfill.com/Chris-Browns-New-Girl-Rihanna-Look-A-Like-60592/

Plus she went and got the same tattoo as Rihanna.

Real creepy

https://www.dailyfill.com/Chris-Brown-Transforming-New-Girlfriend-Into-Rihanna-PICS-62377/
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sam_h786 wrote: »
    Yes he did a terrible thing to Rihanna and he is naive....he can learn from his behaviour, that's if he stop being all primadonna and sh*t about people not playing his stuff....I understand where your coming from, he made a mistake of a huge magnitude that its going to take more than pleading with the public to buy his stuff to get his life back and career in this case....whether your a man beating up a woman or woman beating up a man it is wrong on both levels and shouldn't be condoned

well that's people's own preogrative if they want to listen to his music, some people can seperate the music from the person....

you've made some interesting points but I Disagree when you say he was naive- he's nothing of the sort

he gre up in a violent household so therefore he should have realised the consequences of his actions- I mean what did he think would happen

Sorry but the way he portrays himself as some kind of victim sickens me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    His new girlfriend looks like Rihanna.
    Plus she went and got the same tattoo as Rihanna. Real creepy.

http://www.dailyfill.com/Chris-Browns-New-Girl-Rihanna-Look-A-Like-60592/

I know I saw that! Very strange. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you've made some interesting points but I Disagree when you say he was naive-he's nothing of the sort

he grew up in a violent household so therefore he should have realised the consequences of his actions- I mean what did he think would happen

Sorry but the way he portrays himself as some kind of victim sickens me

sorry sorcha_healy27 I meant the CB is very naive thinking he could repair his music career so soon after the incident, didn't his CD flop??....yes he should have known better not to do that but lord knows what possessed him to do the unthinkable....

well, showbizness is a b*tch and as they say you are your own worst enemy and CB's case it couldn't be more true....hey thats your opinion and I respect that wholly :) ....

xxo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorry sorcha_healy27 I meant the CB is very naive thinking he could repair his music career so soon after the incident, didn't his CD flop??....yes he should have known better not to do that....

well, showbizness is a b*tch and it spat him back out when he totally messed up....as they say you are your own worst enemy and CB's case it couldn't be more true....hey thats your opinion and I respect that....

xxo

thank you sam! I like the mannerly discussion going on here instead of throwing insults :)

I read your other post where you clarified what you meant by naive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank you sam! I like the mannerly discussion going on here instead of throwing insults :)

I read your other post where you clarified what you meant by naive

your very welcome sorcha :) yeah me too, I don't see the point in throwing insults or making rude digs, its not worth it when you can have a reasonable discussion without having to be at each other's throats....sometimes you have to agree to disagree in a civilised manner

yeah, my fault should have clarified what I meant by naive earlier lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    your very welcome sorcha :) yeah me too, I don't see the point in throwing insults or making rude digs, its not worth it when you can have a reasonable discussion without having to be at each other's throats....

yeah, my fault should have clarified what I meant by naive earlier lol

you were naive :D

Give me Jay Z over chris brown any day- a talented man who is deeply in love with his wife and who tried to protect Rihanna

I love Jay z
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Give me Jay Z over chris brown any day- a talented man who is deeply in love with his wife and who tried to protect Rihanna

I love Jay z

lol :D:D I guess I was ;):p

Yeah I like Jay's stuff too, I like the fact him and Beyonce are very coy and private about their personal lives, which is admirable considering the business they are in....Main thing is Rihanna is in a much happier place and has put it all behind her :)
  • prasanthprasanth Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, why are people saying he was crying for his career? I thought he was overwhelmed at the prospect of doing a tribute for Michael Jackson?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    prasanth wrote: »
    Wait, why are people saying he was crying for his career? I thought he was overwhelmed at the prospect of doing a tribute for Michael Jackson?

no one is quite sure why he's crying

my guess is he's crying crocodile tears
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prasanth wrote: »

And if you believe that you'll believe anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Crocodile tears, indeed. He knows his career has took a massive nose dive since he beat up Rihanna and he will do literally anything to change that. I would have respected him more had he given a decent, whole-hearted performance instead of putting on a show of himself to make people feel sorry for him.
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    I've just seen this on youtube. It's cringeworthy. So OTT and fake. Chris Brown will never win an oscar, that's for sure! Pathetic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, as an ex-fan, this was seriously touching. My opinion of him has gone down so much since the incident, but any Chris Brown fan knew how much he idolised and loved MJ so would know that these tears were not fake. I sincerely doubt there's many other artists so intent on emulating MJ, and as inspired by him.

Yes, he beat up Rihanna, and yes, he deserves all the flack that comes to him. But credit where credit's due, he was fantastic, and seeing him like that is quite upsetting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    snoopy10 wrote: »
    For me, as an ex-fan, this was seriously touching. My opinion of him has gone down so much since the incident, but any Chris Brown fan knew how much he idolised and loved MJ so would know that these tears were not fake. I sincerely doubt there's many other artists so intent on emulating MJ, and as inspired by him.

Yes, he beat up Rihanna, and yes, he deserves all the flack that comes to him. But credit where credit's due, he was fantastic, and seeing him like that is quite upsetting.

chris brown isn't the only one who loved MJ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris brown isn't the only one who loved MJ

I know he's not, but I think there was a deep rooted obsession there :D

He was obviously not the only one who loved him; anyone else who loved MJ as much as Chris Brown did would have cried on that stage. I think about how much I would sob (don't judge me :o:D) when listening to his songs or seeing a photo of him after his death, and my whole career isn't inspired by him the way Chris Brown's is. So I have no doubt that his tears were real.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know he's not, but I think there was a deep rooted obsession there :D

He was obviously not the only one who loved him; anyone else who loved MJ as much as Chris Brown did would have cried on that stage. I think about how much I would sob (don't judge me :o:D) when listening to his songs or seeing a photo of him after his death, and my whole career isn't inspired by him the way Chris Brown's is. So I have no doubt that his tears were real.

hell I cried! :D

but chris brown's career will never ever be the same again TBH a
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give this guy a break already FFS. I am not a fan but there are guys who have done much much worse then chris brown and they are forgiven and are still succesful.

It's ironic the way the media tore down MJ, they are doing the same thing to Chris Brown. He made a mistake but the guy is talented and if Rhianna has forgiven him so should we.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love Jay z

Jay Z is a hypocrite. He punched a woman on camera and never apoligised for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Z is a hypocrite. He punched a woman on camera and never apoligised for it.

don't forget gun crime, drug dealing and being accused of a stabbing

but according to this forum he has class :D lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hell I cried! :D

but chris brown's career will never ever be the same again TBH

I know it won't, and he has to deal with that, it's the consequences of his actions. People will judge him for what he did and they are entitled to not buy his albums because of it.
    Give this guy a break already FFS. I am not a fan but there are guys who have done much much worse then chris brown and they are forgiven and are still succesful.

It's ironic the way the media tore down MJ, they are doing the same thing to Chris Brown. He made a mistake but the guy is talented and if Rhianna has forgiven him so should we.

I agree in the sense that artists such as Cheryl Tweedy have been forgiven by everyone when she also hit a woman, the double standards are a bit dodgy. I understand that domestic violence is another issue, but if she has been so easily and completely forgiven for doing pretty much the same thing yet she has never apologised or said she regrets doing it, whereas Chris Brown has on several occasions (although the first was very crap and insincere) I do think it's a tad unfair. However two wrongs don't make a right; they were both wrong and should be criticised for it.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree in the sense that artists such as Cheryl Tweedy have been forgiven...
    Er, no she hasn't! More so as she's neither acknowledged, accepted nor shown any remorse for what she did. Violence is violence and a thug is a thug in my book; thus Tweedy can never be put on a pedestal by me. You'll have to take that argument up with her worshippers and handlers who've attempted to whitewash her conviction, not me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree in the sense that artists such as Cheryl Tweedy have been forgiven by everyone when she also hit a woman, the double standards are a bit dodgy. I understand that domestic violence is another issue, but if she has been so easily and completely forgiven for doing pretty much the same thing yet she has never apologised or said she regrets doing it, whereas Chris Brown has on several occasions (although the first was very crap and insincere) I do think it's a tad unfair. However two wrongs don't make a right; they were both wrong and should be criticised for it.

To be fair though, they are completely different incidents. Obviously I don't condone violence but as far as I'm aware Cheryl punched the woman ONCE. Chris Brown attacked Rihanna for at least half an hour I think, which involved punching, biting, strangling etc. It was not a spur of the moment thing but a prolonged attack! And this was his girlfriend, someone who he is supposed to love and respect, not beat the shit out of because he was caught cheating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily_2008 wrote: »
    To be fair though, they are completely different incidents. Obviously I don't condone violence but as far as I'm aware Cheryl punched the woman ONCE. Chris Brown attacked Rihanna for at least half an hour I think, which involved punching, biting, strangling etc. It was not a spur of the moment thing but a prolonged attack! And this was his girlfriend, someone who he is supposed to love and respect, not beat the shit out of because he was caught cheating.

I see where you are coming from, but I am seeing it the same way. They both attacked someone. The fact that his was prolonged makes him sound mentally unhinged, which is not a defence of him at all, but in my eyes they were both wrong. I do agree that it is wrong that he did this to a loved one, but again for me that shows someone who has something wrong with him mentally. He grew up with domestic violence or something, I think?

Yes his was an attack and I cannot stress more that he was so so so wrong and it was an evil act. My point just was, that I believe Cheryl's case is just as bad; she has shown absolutely no remorse whatsoever and no apologies, which for me makes it as bad as what he did. So in that sense, I believe it is unfair to worship one and villify the other. And not just Cheryl but others, too. It is widely known that Gazza beat his wife and kids, yet he is also worshipped.