The Sheriffs are coming...11am..BBC1.

Comments

• GibmanGibman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    listed as repeats again next week in my mag...was that it for the new series, 5 episodes only?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Gibman wrote: »
    listed as repeats again next week in my mag...was that it for the new series, 5 episodes only?

Yep only 5 episodes this time. Disappointing to say the least (still good to watch though)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Yep only 5 episodes this time. Disappointing to say the least (still good to watch though)

that was a short run. I was also disappointed to see less of the 'big' confrontations of previous series - the only possible one this series was scuppered when the police didn't show up and the sheriffs ended up running away!

also, the debtors now almost always ask the cameras to leave, and whereas early series you used to still get the audio (presumably from a device the sheriffs had on their person) this has also stopped in this series. Maybe was shaky legal grounds to record others on that basis.

hope they get their mojo back and find some angrier non-payers for the next series :)
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose they would be on dodgy legal ground if the enforcers used those secret lapel cameras like some of the cop shows use, there's nothing that pisses off a miscreant more than a camerman taking a record of their inglorious comeuppance.

The number of pixelated heads is also an annoyance, it's not up to the confrontation quotient of previous episodes.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to repeats this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cameraman must be fed up being asked to leave, I thought people would love to be on t' telly.

The narrator certainly earns his dosh on this show, it's endless.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    This might seem really daft. I know they repeating series 3 this week but I am sure before that they didn't blur their faces as they have on the repeats
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    This might seem really daft. I know they repeating series 3 this week but I am sure before that they didn't blur their faces as they have on the repeats

Possibly something to do with how long they had permission from the person to allow them to show it.

Have noticed it on things like traffic cops repeats, if they are a few years old faces are blurred out
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught a couple of episodes this week! Good fun to watch. Made me want to be a sheriff! :D
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry to have to say that I believe the days of "Sheriffs" are now over.

Having to blur-out peoples faces, the camera always being asked to leave and the fact that they now have to write to the debtor 7 days (or whatever the period is) telling them they'll be coming to see them, have all contributed to this no longer really being a viable show.

It's a great pity. The original shows, seen for the first time, were excellent!
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »

Having to blur-out peoples faces, the camera always being asked to leave and the fact that they now have to write to the debtor 7 days (or whatever the period is) telling them they'll be coming to see them, have all contributed to this no longer really being a viable show.

So the law has changed has it? If that's the case then like you say it's going to be a bit pointless even having Sherrifs if they can't catch debtors by surprise! Dodgy businesses must be rejoicing at the news!
    Forum Member
    So the law has changed has it? If that's the case then like you say it's going to be a bit pointless even having Sherrifs if they can't catch debtors by surprise! Dodgy businesses must be rejoicing at the news!

Yes, the law was changed last year. The Sheriffs (and probably any other debt collectors) now have to write to the debtor and give them seven days notice that they are coming to see them to collect what's owed. So, this means the element of surprise has now completely gone.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to have to say that I believe the days of "Sheriffs" are now over.

It's a great pity. The original shows, seen for the first time, were excellent!

Not quite true. They are sent a letter giving them 7 days to pay or else face recovery action,they dont get a letter then telling them sheriffs are coming.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But any debtor with any sense has probably seen the series, & will know exactly what to do, i.e the daft guy who left 2 vehicles with the keys in!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This used to be one of my fave programmes, but watching the 1st of the new run this morning...just boring. The last series was similar, less and less 'action' or 'aggro' and more boring cases where the cameras were sent away and nothing much happens.

Think this will be the last series - much as I hate to say it, 'Can't Pay We'll Take It Away' on ch5 is much more fun to watch.
  • buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sign of Pete again and he has disappeared from the opening sequence which depicts all The Sheriffs :(
    Forum Member
    buttsfife wrote: »
    No sign of Pete again and he has disappeared from the opening sequence which depicts all The Sheriffs :(

Uncle Fester :D:D:D
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this a new series?
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Is this a new series?

Yes it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is.

Was just going the ask that question,nice to have it back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to repeats again now.
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »
    Back to repeats again now.

Yes, so I've noticed!
  • thebestbitthebestbit Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    The show is very disappointing.

Can't they wear go pro cameras? 90% the cameraman is asked to leave. Can't pay on channel 5 is miles better.
  • buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the BBC playing at with this and last weeks "30 Minute Reversion" shows - is that a way of disguising the facts these seem to be repeats. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping a new series had started when i saw this back at the top.:cry: