Options

England VS Norway 20.00 Tonight

BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
Forum Member
✭✭✭
England play Norway tonight the only thing of any real interest seems to be this is will be the lowest attendance for a England game with the upgraded ground. To be honest I am also struggling to show any interest in the game. Normally you would say it was a chance to try out the young players but most are already in the squad for the world cup. I guess stones and chambers will be ones to keep an eye on.

I guess we can try to predict the scoreline give us something to do

2-0 England - Only because Norway are pretty poor side I hope we have enough to beat them

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, I really have lost all motivation with England.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looking forward to tonight, exciting young team picked, hopefully put on a good performance.

3-0 england.
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope we play a high tempo game, pass and move run them ragged , no square ball across the back.

England to win
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »
    England play Norway tonight the only thing of any real interest seems to be this is will be the lowest attendance for a England game with the upgraded ground. To be honest I am also struggling to show any interest in the game. Normally you would say it was a chance to try out the young players but most are already in the squad for the world cup. I guess stones and chambers will be ones to keep an eye on.

I guess we can try to predict the scoreline give us something to do

2-0 England - Only because Norway are pretty poor side I hope we have enough to beat them

Remember the famous Norway v England game that ended in a 2-1 defeat for England and the commentary saying 'Your guys took a hell of a beating'

Not exactly breaking news but I was unaware the commentator Bjørge Lillelien had died, way back in 1989 until they mentioned it on Radio 4 Sports report during Today this morning.

I will be watching the game and expect a 3-0 win tonight.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mediocre team, uninspiring manager, playing a friendly against dull opposition in a half-empty stadium. Think I'll watch The Great British Bake Off..more exciting.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I'm getting bored with England's biennial rebuilding programmes and new eras.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it on BBC or ITV?

If so guess the only value is that it really winds up the soap fans.

Seeing that lot moan and kick up a fuss will be alot more entertaining
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Good old 4-4-2,, we are always thinking of the future ;-):D:D

i hope Emile Heskey is playing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Good old 4-4-2,, we are always thinking of the future ;-):D:D

shusssh anything else and the media will accuse Roy of trying to confuse players and not understanding the English game

Benson and Hedges should start up front if you ask me
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Is it on BBC or ITV?

If so guess the only value is that it really winds up the soap fans.

Seeing that lot moan and kick up a fuss will be alot more entertaining

:D:D

So true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As long as we hit it long to the big man up front then i will be happy, none of this passing rubbish Johnny Foreigner plays, we didnt win the World Cup in 66 passing it to each other thats for sure, we have been hoping since 66 that the rest of the world forgets how to play the game, with their newfangled tactics, and skills, what happened to just running.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I shall be watching because theres nowt else on to watch.

Im not really fussed if they win, lose, draw. I prefer club football, i always will and I hope the Liverpool players do ok and get no stick or hassle, thats about it.
    Im sure many fans of other clubs think the same about their participating players and i hope they do.

I just wonder how many times Tyldsley has to remind us about that mad Norweigan commentator.

I suppose this will turn into a love or hate Rooney thread by half-time anyway.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not fussed if we win, lose or draw either. My interest with England is pretty low at the moment.
    I'll give it 30 odd minutes. If nothing has happened it'll go off.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'll watch it as there's nothing else on and never usually miss an England match. It's not really tempting though.

Could be less of a friendly and more of a pre-season testimonial. I hope that the young players get out there and show what they can do though.
  • Options
    renard grisrenard gris Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll dip in and out of the game, just to keep a check on the score.

Of more interest are these two upcoming friendlies:-

03.Sept.2014
    Germany-v-Argentina (19.45 BST)
    A repeat of the 2014 World Cup Final.

05.Sept.2014
    Brasil-v-Colombia (02:00 BST on 06.Sept.2014)
    Brasil's first game since their eventful World Cup semi-final and Third-place play off games!
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Be interesting to see how they do line up in midfield, I still think the 4-2-3-1 formation Hodgson played in Brazil was the biggest problem, was far too light in midfield when the opposition had the ball but with the players he's selected tonight it could easily be the same set up.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll go for an unconvincing 2-0 England win.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oxlade-Chamberlain on the wing? Another player who's shunted around the pitch for club and country. Oh sorry, he's "versatile".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently John Stones has got a lovely frame :o:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oxlade-Chamberlain on the wing? Another player who's shunted around the pitch for club and country. Oh sorry, he's "versatile".

He's a winger,isn't he?
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RotMojo wrote: »
    He's a winger,isn't he?

I see him as a central midfielder. He's a better fit for that position than Wilshere anyway (who's a bit lightweight).
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know if you know this but..he is a winger..you would have a point if he was being played on the left wing however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Apparently John Stones has got a lovely frame :o:confused:

Did it come with a free England cap?

I know sponsorship is important nowadays but I think when you get them given away when you buy a frame from B and Q something is wrong
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see him as a central midfielder. He's a better fit for that position than Wilshere anyway (who's a bit lightweight).

By that logic i can say Messi is a GK and playing him as a forward is shunting him around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god Rooney is fugly.