Forum Member
Can't wait for new music from Britney.

Britney jean was a disappointment, but sure she can kill it again,

http://www.sotouk.com/2014/12/britney-spears-single-coming-early-2015/

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you incapable of sharing information that doesn't come from promoting your own blog?
    This isn't a source of information, this is just you blogging about it
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Saw this all over my Twitter feed earlier. I for one am excited! :D I think the Britney/Iggy collaboration is gonna be the first single. Wonder if that means we'll be getting the album in the summer?
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any new Britney music is cause for celebration, hopefully this is a sign that the album is almost finished which if the case then wow she has worked quick, quick, quick!
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this all over my Twitter feed earlier. I for one am excited! :D I think the Britney/Iggy collaboration is gonna be the first single. Wonder if that means we'll be getting the album in the summer?

Britney and Iggy Pop?

Wow.
    Forum Member
    RikScot wrote: »
    Britney and Iggy Pop?

Wow.

Sorry to disappoint you but it's actually Iggy Azalea she's working with :p I should've made that clear!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,978
    Forum Member
    Iggy Azalea? Not pleased to hear this, I can't stand her music.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really excited :D just keeping my fingers crossed will.i.am hasn't touched this album with a bloody barch pole
    Forum Member
    really excited :D just keeping my fingers crossed will.i.am hasn't touched this album with a bloody barch pole

I hope so too. I didn't really like his work on Britney Jean.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think its entirely fair to blame Will.i.am for Britney Jean. The album was a collection of input from many different writers, producers, and Britney herself.

Don't forget Will.i.am is also responsible for Britneys only UK #1 of the last decade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if every song on the album is a collaboration with Iggy Azalia as long as Will.i.sh!t is no where near this I'll be happy.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think its entirely fair to blame Will.i.am for Britney Jean. The album was a collection of input from many different writers, producers, and Britney herself.

Don't forget Will.i.am is also responsible for Britneys only UK #1 of the last decade.

Will.I.Am was the exec producer of the album, which means he was the boss of the whole album. Even in the songs he didn't write or produce, he is very responsible for everything. He is entirely responsible for the abomination that is Britney Jean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will murdered the original version of Alien by only tweaking it slightly.

Says a lot.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do get what you're saying but he was made executive producer so it was kind of his fault. mind you to be fair Britney and the label made him executive producer so it was their fault as well. The bottom line is he still shouldn't have been allowed total control of Britney Jean. The problem was they saw the massive success of Scream & Shout [which I was never a fan of in the first place] and thought if they gave all the reigns to will.i.am then BJ would automatically be as successful as S&S.

im not a fan of his work and I don't see why everyone in the music business desperately wants to work with him
    Forum Member

Yes but will.i.am ended up being executive producer and loads of other songs didn't make it. I wish the Danja, Naughty Boy and Charli XCX songs had made the album. I heard one of the Danja demos intended for Britney Jean and even though it was an instrumental it sounded brilliant. Oh what could have been... :( I'd say they thought they could get another hit from Britney Jean and they probably capitalised on the success of Scream & Shout. Promo and everything was also overshadowed by Vegas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Cannot stand iggy but at least she might be able to help britney claw her way back to mainstream radio.

Plus as long as will.u.stop isn't involved, I'm game.
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this!
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vdp2791 wrote: »
    Cannot stand iggy but at least she might be able to help britney claw her way back to mainstream radio.

Plus as long as will.u.stop isn't involved, I'm game.

Britney still a bigger artist
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So excited for new Britney music! Would love it to have more of an ITZ, Blackout feel. I guess that means more urban. I didn't like Britney Jean at all (bar a few songs).
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every single album she has done since Blackout there has always been the whole "she's returning to her Blackout sound" rumours, yet it hasn't ever happened. I'm sure that she has even said it herself when recording a couple of her albums. I don't think it will ever happen though. I'm not a massive fan of her. She can't sing, she's a crap performer now who just goes through the motions, plus she mimes. She's awful. However, I will admit that Blackout was a fantastic album to listen to, and Circus was good too. I think she's past her peak definitely. I do think hooking up with Iggy Azealia is a good idea though...everyone seems to love Iggy at the moment and Britney needs someone who can inject some freshness into her music...someone current. Her partnership with Will.I.Am was just awful.
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see she has put her name to a range of hair care products............can't seem to find the razor though..........
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see she has put her name to a range of hair care products............can't seem to find the razor though..........

original...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single album she has done since Blackout there has always been the whole "she's returning to her Blackout sound" rumours, yet it hasn't ever happened. I'm sure that she has even said it herself when recording a couple of her albums. I don't think it will ever happen though. I'm not a massive fan of her. She can't sing, she's a crap performer now who just goes through the motions, plus she mimes. She's awful. However, I will admit that Blackout was a fantastic album to listen to, and Circus was good too. I think she's past her peak definitely. I do think hooking up with Iggy Azealia is a good idea though...everyone seems to love Iggy at the moment and Britney needs someone who can inject some freshness into her music...someone current. Her partnership with Will.I.Am was just awful.

:confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFozfg8p7E8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNWWwIs1DhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW-X9zF_S1c
    Forum Member

That's not funny >:( The hair care products are on sale in Lidl. I went this morning and bought the hair curling tongs and two hairbrushes. They're under the Christmas tree now :cool: