Options

Amazon UK.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
Forum Member
✭✭
Why does a lot of their stuff, ie cd's, come from the USA? I'd like to buy a cd from them but i don't want to pay shipping AND wait for ages!>:(

Comments

• Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    You still buy CD's, are you sure your not on Amazon.com?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    You still buy CD's, are you sure your not on Amazon.com?

Yes, and no.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Which CD are you trying to buy?
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    most of the stuff comes from Belgium..

regarding shipping, its normally a few days with super saver del
  • Options
    BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does a lot of their stuff, ie cd's, come from the USA? I'd like to buy a cd from them but i don't want to pay shipping AND wait for ages!>:(

?

I think you're wrong on all counts here.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you buy the CD from a Marketplace seller?
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    If thats the case you'd be better on ebay. I've bought lots of CDs and DVDs of ebay with no issues at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Did you buy the CD from a Marketplace seller?

Yea i mean marketplace not amazon directly.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you sure you're on the .co.uk site? That one shouldn't be suggesting you buy from USA sellers.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well some of the sellers are in America. Quite a few of the Marketplace sellers have where they're sending the item from under "delivery".
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on what you are ordering. If its a bit niche, might only have American sellers. A lot of the heavy metal I used to buy almost always came from Germany, headquarters of Nuclear Blast records.

(little tip I got when buying a guitar from brazil. If you can get someone over their to send it to you in gift wrap, import tax isn't involved. Although if you are ordering CDs constantly that might not work....unless you have a big family)
  • Options
    NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    I think it depends on what you are ordering. If its a bit niche, might only have American sellers. A lot of the heavy metal I used to buy almost always came from Germany, headquarters of Nuclear Blast records.

(little tip I got when buying a guitar from brazil. If you can get someone over their to send it to you in gift wrap, import tax isn't involved. Although if you are ordering CDs constantly that might not work....unless you have a big family)

The "gift wrap" thing is actually declaring it as a gift, and VAT/import duty do apply, it's just that the limit is lifted from £15 to £36 before it's eligible for VAT from memory.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted.