Options

Did cher just sing the N word?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Wow. It's a bit messed up that some people are delighted at the prospect that Cher might've said something racist.

Do we hate her THAT much!?! :eek:
  • Options
    si29uksi29uk Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I thought I heard her use the alleged word

I guess someone will post a clip on youtube very shortly to allow us to hear it again
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be funny if as a final retaliation to the criticism Katie came out and did a song that was as racist and offensive as possible with minstrels dancing around and Nazi flags, that would be funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    So if i sing along with a song that has the word '******' in it, does that make me a racist.. LOL
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    si29uk wrote: »
    I must admit I thought I heard her use the alleged word

I guess someone will post a clip on youtube very shortly to allow us to hear it again

Quicker to read this: http://www.lyrics.com/walk-this-way-lyrics-aerosmith.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    It's not even in the song, why the he'll would she add it. FFS this is pathetic
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    - Kaii - wrote: »

Agreed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    chrisc7738 wrote: »
    So if i sing along with a song that has the word '******' in it, does that make me a racist.. LOL

Yes if the song is walk this way because it meant you added it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    astounded wrote: »
    She reminds me of a young Lenny Henry.

Hahahahahaha :D
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - Kaii - wrote: »

Maybe she is a racist and hates black people, I don't know im just speculating, she might be a nazi sympathiser aswell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she is a racist and hates black people, I don't know im just speculating, she might be a nazi sympathiser aswell.

I've heard she also puts cats in wheelie bins.

Only black cats though
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    No she bloody didn't!
  • Options
    willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Wow. It's a bit messed up that some people are delighted at the prospect that Cher might've said something racist.

Do we hate her THAT much!?! :eek:

What post on here shows delight about Cher saying something racist?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahcs wrote: »

It sounded like she used the word - doesn't matter what the lyrics are supposed to be - it is what she is perceived to have sung that matters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people had a 'huh?? Did I just hear that??' moment rather than delight...like I said, I heard something but thought she must have said nipper rather than the other word...didn't occur to me she might have said neighbour!! Lol!!! Shows how well I know my Aerosmith / Run DMC lyrics doesn't it!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbour starts with a long vowel sound followed by a shorter sound. The word that appeared to be sung was made up of syllables that sounded the same length.

Hence why people thought they heard the offensive n word
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, thinking back, I am sure that I heard a hard g sound in the middle of the word. May be wrong - but I wasn't the only one who thought they heard a word that is not acceptable
  • Options
    willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perdita_x wrote: »
    I think people had a 'huh?? Did I just hear that??' moment rather than delight...like I said, I heard something but thought she must have said nipper rather than the other word...didn't occur to me she might have said neighbour!! Lol!!! Shows how well I know my Aerosmith / Run DMC lyrics doesn't it!!!!

I agree, I don;t care whether she said it or not, but at the time I did thought she did.