Whats Your Opinion on Britney Spears

2»

Comments

• rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's one of the most genuine celebrities of today. You never see her doing massive publicity stunts or looking to be controversal like Rihanna Gaga etc.

She is very talented, and people who do not think so are ignorant. She didn't get as far as she has by being talentless.

Britney means no harm, she makes good music and thats all that matters. Don't see a reason for people to not like her.
  • griffpaulgriffpaul Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very Very Sexy
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her! Think I do prefer her old music to what she makes now though.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    rebellion wrote: »
    I think she's one of the most genuine celebrities of today.
    I disagree, her earlier image was a bit fake imo and no one really knows what the Britney of today is really like because she's so guarded.
    rebellion wrote:
    You never see her doing massive publicity stunts or looking to be controversal like Rihanna Gaga etc.
    Now you don't but she had plenty of attention seeking moments back in her day.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful. Washed up Trailer Trash

just my opinion
  • RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always had a soft spot for Britney Spears to be honest. She's like Kylie in the sense that she's never really nasty about other performers and I like that. I do root for her when she has a new single or album out and I like to see her do well. I think The X-Factor in the US will be great for her.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina Aguilera is the better singer of the two but Britney is a better entertainer. I think her true forte is burlesque though and Britney will only be really happy when she buys or builds her own huge theatre and headlines burlesque shows all the year round! :cool:
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Britney, always have done. There's something very endearing and somehow innocent about her and I love about 95% of her music! :-)
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a couple of good pop songs a few years back , the rest is all smoke and mirrors .
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    first of all her early career was based on the clean image of being a virgin which was followed by tales that she was having sex with Timberlake all along. it is very easy to believe that she was being a beard but you cannot have it both ways so somewhere along the line there is a lie

she is such a good singer that she has NEVER performed a national anthem in the US. these are nightly events across the country and people are pulled in off the streets to do it but this so called talented singer has been avoided by everyone

her business awareness is abysmal. she could have earned several million posing nude but instead she gives it away for free. while on the subject of giving things up for free she tries forcing herself on a member of staff. who can blame him for saying no if the report earlier that she did not wash for days is true. she probably smelled like Billingsgate market

as for being sexy that is up to the individual but i prefer my women to have breasts out front and not having the appearance of spaniels ears by escaping under the armpits and they should not have cellulite city for thighs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Always been a huge huge fan! One of my favourite popstars! Inspiring as a performer and a person, true pop icon! :)
    Forum Member
    guffybear wrote: »
    first of all her early career was based on the clean image of being a virgin which was followed by tales that she was having sex with Timberlake all along. it is very easy to believe that she was being a beard but you cannot have it both ways so somewhere along the line there is a lie

Not to mention her own mother seems to think she was at it with someone else when she was 14.

Now if she was thats her business but she shouldn't have made a fuss about being a virgin to the press.
    A simple "no comment" would do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    The fact that you're still talking about her on this thread says alot! If she's a "has been" then why has everyone got an opinion on her? Every popstar is marmite, you either love them or hate them, some disappear after a few years or some stay around after 13 and are still going, just like Britney.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rebellion wrote: »
    I think she's one of the most genuine celebrities of today. You never see her doing massive publicity stunts or looking to be controversal like Rihanna Gaga etc.

She is very talented, and people who do not think so are ignorant. She didn't get as far as she has by being talentless.

Britney means no harm, she makes good music and thats all that matters. Don't see a reason for people to not like her.

Woah. People who have an opinion that someone is talentless are not ignorant - they are merely expressing an opinion that might be different to yours.

I like Britney. I don't think she is especially talented but I think she has worked hard and I hope she is in a better place than she was a few years ago. I think her Mother pushed her into showbusiness far too early and that affected her badly (as is the case with so many child stars) but I like her music - even though it is autotuned and produced to within an inch of its life.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible at miming.
  • Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I like her. I think it's because I feel like I've grown up with her. I was fourteen when she came on the scene, and she was sixteen, and was really fun to see someone who was more or less my own age living the dream that a lot of teenage girls fantasize about.

Yes, she mimes, but her songs are amazing and she was a phenomenal dancer before her breakdown. She was always more about being an entertainer than a real singer like, say, Celine Dion, and I've never seen why that's such an issue for some.

What I really respect about her is that she's managed to get back on track after having one of the most public breakdowns ever. I don't think she gets enough credit for that. I hope she continues on the right path. It would be a nice way of sticking her finger up to her detractors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I like her. I think it's because I feel like I've grown up with her. I was fourteen when she came on the scene, and she was sixteen, and was really fun to see someone who was more or less my own age living the dream that a lot of teenage girls fantasize about.

Yes, she mimes, but her songs are amazing and she was a phenomenal dancer before her breakdown. She was always more about being an entertainer than a real singer like, say, Celine Dion, and I've never seen why that's such an issue for some.

What I really respect about her is that she's managed to get back on track after having one of the most public breakdowns ever. I don't think she gets enough credit for that. I hope she continues on the right path. It would be a nice way of sticking her finger up to her detractors.

Agree with this 100% :D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    HenryBane wrote: »
    I think they also charge her a fee for being conservator.

Um... NO. He father is the conservator. He doesn't charge a fee. Does he spend some of her $$$? probably, doubt she cares though.
    from what i read she doesn't really have the interaction with her mother that she used to.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Um... NO. He father is the conservator. He doesn't charge a fee. Does he spend some of her $$$? probably, doubt she cares though.
    from what i read she doesn't really have the interaction with her mother that she used to.

The judge awarded him $16,000 a month as conservator fee and he also charges for other things, like time spent with her on tour. If she didn't care she wouldn't have gone to court to stop the conservatorship, which she has done in the past.
    Forum Member

But how much of that is down to her and how much is down to her father and management?
    I mean they maintain she's not mentally fit to testify in trials etc yet cart off her off on tour?
    It all seems a bit strange to me.