Options

Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers!

Comments

• Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy-B wrote: »
    Brody set off the chain of events leading to the tailor shop massacre .... that's interesting.

Yes, but wasn't it all planned by Carrie? Brody doesn't strike me as being very smart.

Carrie suggested that Brody come over to her place and pretend to hear (a pretend) phone conversation where she would mention Al-Qaeda... so that he could then go and tell Roya what he had 'overheard.'

Roya panicked and must have warned the terrorist lot.

I wonder how they managed to get the uniforms? Surely the tailor wouldn't have been able to make them, would he?
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »
    Yes- Dana's hit-and-run storyline and Lauder and Mike trying to find the truth about Walker are both tedious.

I can only assume they are going to have a big impact when the truth is discovered, but they do seem to be dragging it out a bit. Just hope the fallout is worth the wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    To me it was that they organised and went in as soon as the holding of the tailors shop became a search. They knew their presumed explosive or whatever is hidden for their plan would in all likely be eventually located, so they hit in a way that would overcome suspicions. No mole needed to help here just urgency of the situation.

What is perplexing to me is the way in which Carrie is being given so much freedom to do whatever she considers necessary, including consistent breach of protocol and procedure on hunches or what her mind feels is right, yet the ECT was to have resolved these impulses and cleared her mind.

All it seems to take to check her mind is one question from Saul and a simple denial of her feelings and all's great.

Your first paragraph makes sense, Woodentop. Wish I'd read it before posting my account.:o :p

As for Carrie's ECT, I find the whole thing confusing.

The risk was that certain incidents could be erased from her memory, but It seems that she's remembered everything so far.....well, apart from who Issa really was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but wasn't it all planned by Carrie? Brody doesn't strike me as being very smart.

Carrie suggested that Brody come over to her place and pretend to hear (a pretend) phone conversation where she would mention Al-Qaeda... so that he could then go and tell Roya what he had 'overheard.'

Roya panicked and must have warned the terrorist lot.

I wonder how they managed to get the uniforms? Surely the tailor wouldn't have been able to make them, would he?

hi RP, this is not accurate
    Carrie did ask Brody to make contact and say he overheard an hezbollah commander just go into the country
    Roya said that the FBI forensic (??) have been watching shop for two weeks and asks Brody if he knew why they did decide to go in today... She already knew about Quin team been inside the shop somehow
    There are speculation that Brody and Roya could have met before and brody told her about the mission if you want to believe that Brody told Roya about it (I dont) also because its obvious Roya is suspicious of Brody she has asked him three times already what's different now noticing Brody inquisitive ways of late...
  • Options
    chrisbartleychrisbartley Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't they just move the 'weapon' or whatever is in the box, at the same time as the Tailor ?
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie's endless gurning, eye rolling, crying and face-pulling are becoming very tedious. I do quite like Claire Danes but this character is becoming increasingly unbelievable and irritating.
  • Options
    elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't they just move the 'weapon' or whatever is in the box, at the same time as the Tailor ?

good question. it may be that it's a sensitive piece of equipment that they didn't want to move unless they really had to. but strange how they use a full swat team to rescue that, and just use brody on a whim to get the tailor to the safe-house.

my guess is that it's a nuke or dirty bomb, or some other kind of explosive, as that would tally with the tailor being an explosives expert. my guess would be that he wasn't able to finish it, otherwise they would have just used it already.

either that or it's the next generation console, and microsoft/sony are upping the stakes :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how can anyone even think that the Dana/Finn storyline is just a filler and not of great relevance I wonder
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie's endless gurning, eye rolling, crying and face-pulling are becoming very tedious. I do quite like Claire Danes but this character is becoming increasingly unbelievable and irritating.
    I looked it up on Wikipedia, and apparently it's called "Acting"... :)

In case you can't tell, I disagree - it's sometimes uncomfortable viewing because CD's prepared to go the whole way and isn't afraid to look ugly in the process, but for me it's the single best sustained acting performance I've seen in years... she deserves every award going as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    I think she and Lewis are feeding off each other. The pair must be doing the best work of their careers.

I like the way she starts to go even more mental when she's onto something but hasn't worked out what.
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looked it up on Wikipedia, and apparently it's called "Acting"... :)

In case you can't tell, I disagree - it's sometimes uncomfortable viewing because CD's prepared to go the whole way and isn't afraid to look ugly in the process, but for me it's the single best sustained acting performance I've seen in years... she deserves every award going as far as I'm concerned.

I'm afraid I don't believe it. Especially unbelievable that someone who behaves like that would get their job in the CIA back. And your sarcasm isn't going to convince me otherwise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    feeVerte wrote: »
    how can anyone even think that the Dana/Finn storyline is just a filler and not of great relevance I wonder

I don't think it's being played out very well - how could Dana find the woman at the hospital? I thought that entire scene was really silly.
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    blue34 wrote: »
    I don't think it's being played out very well - how could Dana find the woman at the hospital? I thought that entire scene was really silly.
    News reports?
  • Options
    Forum Member

You don't get hit and run's reported in your town/city, inc. the victims name - I live in London and they get reported? In fact, if the hospital isn't mentioned in reports, I know if someone is knocked down in my area they can only be at 2 or maybe 3 ICU's.

Some people seem to try really hard to find fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    You don't get hit and run's reported in your town/city, inc. the victims name - I live in London and they get reported? In fact, if the hospital isn't mentioned in reports, I know if someone is knocked down in my area they can only be at 2 or maybe 3 ICU's.

Some people seem to try really hard to find fault.

I'm not trying to find fault, I love the show!
    Just thought that scene was a bit far fetched and not very well acted but I don't like Dana so i'm possibly biased.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not trying to find fault, I love the show!
    Just thought that scene was a bit far fetched and not very well acted but I don't like Dana so i'm possibly biased.
    But it patently wasn't "silly".

As an overt storyline its perfectly plausible, and its purpose as part of the overarching themes of the work seems clear :confused:
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't Brody need major surgery on his hand ?

I mean a knife went right thru it , it must've broken several bones , and all he gets is a bandage .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that probably falls under 'dramatic license'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I would like to jump in with my take on the mole.

I beleive the mole is Saul.

The reason....he was seen tapping his fingers on his trouser leg when talking too Carrie.:rolleyes:

The same thing that Brody was televised doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feeVerte wrote: »
    hi RP, this is not accurate
    Carrie did ask Brody to make contact and say he overheard an hezbollah commander just go into the country
    Roya said that the FBI forensic (??) have been watching shop for two weeks and asks Brody if he knew why they did decide to go in today... She already knew about Quin team been inside the shop somehow
    There are speculation that Brody and Roya could have met before and brody told her about the mission if you want to believe that Brody told Roya about it (I dont) also because its obvious Roya is suspicious of Brody she has asked him three times already what's different now noticing Brody inquisitive ways of late...

Hi Fee, was it the BIB I got wrong?
    I must have missed the part where Roya asked Brody.....

I'm not convinced that Roya suspect's Brody - after all, it was Roya who told Brody in the first place about the tailor/shop being under surveillance when she asked Brody to move the tailor to the safe house.
    By questioning Brody, I think Roya simply wanted to know how much Carrie knew.

When Roya told Brody that "They could find something...or "There was something in there" .....(can't remember the exact words) For some strange reason, I felt that she wanted him to know that.

It didn't even occur to me that Brody might have met up with Roya earlier. I get the impression he wants to avoid her...so I'm not going down that route.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't Brody need major surgery on his hand ?

I mean a knife went right thru it , it must've broken several bones , and all he gets is a bandage .
    :D

He's been through worse. He can take it ;)
  • Options
    Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that probably falls under 'dramatic license'.

It is accepted in most fiction that bullet holes, stab wounds etc. can be cured with a small bandage as long as they are "flesh wounds".
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I think it's over done. Ok she's meant to be a bit stressed and hyper, but it would immediately raise suspicion in a lot of situations they have put her in. It's acting and not real but they don't need to remind us of her instability constantly. Let the script generate the excitement. It's doing ok at the moment.
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your first paragraph makes sense, Woodentop. Wish I'd read it before posting my account.:o :p

As for Carrie's ECT, I find the whole thing confusing.

The risk was that certain incidents could be erased from her memory, but It seems that she's remembered everything so far.....well, apart from who Issa really was.

Sorry about the lack of punctuation and perhaps shoddy grammar, but glad you were able to understand my point.

I will wait and see on Carrie, her memory and ability to formulate and control the whole show, which incidentally is supposed to be a massive attack, yet limited government agents responding?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was surprised how empty the hospital was.

No nurses or doctors buzzing around...nobody in the lifts...and only about four patients on the ward.

Must be a very small town with very few sick people.
This discussion has been closed.