The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    Sounds like i didnt miss much.

The only new thing were backing vocals to the whole acoustic stuff, nothing more.
  • Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

setlist was a bit disappointing but her voice was so wow
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Depends whether you like seeing Leona singing :):):) If you do, it was great.

I could have gone without the questions about beauty products, but without The Body Shop there would have been no perfomance.
  • Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    Depends whether you like seeing Leona singing :):):) If you do, it was great.

I could have gone without the questions about beauty products, but without The Body Shop there would have been no perfomance.

it was a body shop event so kinda expected that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn I missed it. Just got home now due to someone throwing themselves under a train in rush hour. :(

Is it correct she sang CA, BIT, Glassheart and BL?
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Damn I missed it. Just got home now due to someone throwing themselves under a train in rush hour. :(

Is it correct she sang CA, BIT, Glassheart and BL?

And Trouble.
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed that, because the arrangements were different and Leona is right, she changes the arrangement for each performance. Her vocals were so good, not worried that I have heard these tracks before, because each time is different, just so happy to have Leona singing. Trouble really came across as quite dark, loved it. This is just a taster, it has really whetted my appetite for the tour. I also loved the backing singers.

I am off first thing tomorrow until next Tuesday, so have a good Easter everyone, and it will be April & then May, tour time. Whatever you are doing this Easter, enjoy yourselves.
  • Skye.91Skye.91 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how can I miss the gig, can someone upload it please? :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Skye.91 wrote: »
    how can I miss the gig, can someone upload it please? :(

We will upload it to our site (Leonadaily.net) soon :p but its still up at the official site
    it starts at 19:50 min :cool:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will upload it to our site (Leonadaily.net) soon :p but its still up at the official site
    it starts at 19:50 min
    :cool:

Thanks for this....I'm going to watch it in a while, looking forward to these arrangements people were talking about...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Thanks for this....I'm going to watch it in a while, looking forward to these arrangements people were talking about...:)

it was great! she sounded AMAZING :D
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've uploaded it on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZvFaDodz-w&feature=youtu.be

Mind that the quality will change in the middle of Come Alive
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish she'd really stop performing BIT D:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was great! she sounded AMAZING :D

Just watched it, I thought she was really good, though I didn't enjoy Glassheart that much. I thought Better In Time was brilliant, loved the arrangement.

I think she's been getting her voice back into shape for the tour because she sounds way stronger now than when she was "promoting" Lovebird. It was a nice mini-concert and great to see her performing and doing what she does best. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wish you'd stop nagging :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The arrangement of BIT makes it a bit more tolerable. But the ending is still too long. LMAO.
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I've uploaded it on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZvFaDodz-w&feature=youtu.be

Mind that the quality will change in the middle of Come Alive

Awesome thank you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The arrangement of BIT makes it a bit more tolerable. But the ending is still too long. LMAO.

Sorry glasshearts but there was nothing wrong with that performance imo. It was acoustic, raw, fresh sounding, Leona was on point and it had a really happy positive vibe. It was great and Leona did it perfectly.

The only thing that annoyed me were those backing singers trying to ad-lib and show off in the background at the end. :sleep:

Sorry but you guys are paid to sound generic and nothing else. Ain't nobody got time for no runs and falsettos from you. Only Leona is wearing the running shoes, they need to stay singing in the background and know their places.

But otherwise I loved the whole set, the only one I wasn't too keen on was Glassheart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The only thing that annoyed me were those backing singers trying to ad-lib and show off in the background at the end. :sleep:

omg this hahaha, one of them was adlibbing and I was like: Who the hell is trying to steal Leona's spot??! :')
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Sorry glasshearts but there was nothing wrong with that performance imo. It was acoustic, raw, fresh sounding, Leona was on point and it had a really happy positive vibe. It was great and Leona did it perfectly.

The only thing that annoyed me were those backing singers trying to ad-lib and show off in the background at the end.
    :sleep:

Sorry but you guys are paid to sound generic and nothing else. Ain't nobody got time for no runs and falsettos from you. Only Leona is wearing the running shoes, they need to stay singing in the background and know their places.

But otherwise I loved the whole set, the only one I wasn't too keen on was Glassheart.

hahaha I was impressed by them! Actually I think it was good because the song was building up with those adlibs. Leona should do it yes but she prefered "one more time" :rolleyes:
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You should be glad she performed at all! Stop complaining!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought that was Leona I was like... "Leona sis..." :o

She barely used her falsetto... maybe her voice is still a bit fragile. Preserving it, I don't know. Glassheart was eh, the backing singers were a bit too loud. I honestly don't think she needs them. Shame she didn't perform any songs she hasn't before :(
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    LOL I think Glassheart was the best one....with Trouble and Come Alive. :D
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone work out the chords for Come Alive for piano?
This discussion has been closed.