i think they adding nitros on Monday

any word when raw flashbacks return??
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pembo2004 wrote: »
    i think they adding nitros on Monday

any word when raw flashbacks return??

First episode of Nitro is on Monday, right after Raw ends. Not sure about when the 1995 Raw episodes will resume.
  • jrmich9jrmich9 Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    1 thing i did learn from episode 2 was that Sting was originally going to be the 3rd man to join Hall & Nash.You have to wonder how long the NWO storyline would have went on for if that had been the case & what would they have done with Hulk Hogan?

So back in the day (showing my age) the really strong initial rumour was that the 3rd guy was going to be Bret Hart. He was in the midst of negotiations with Vince and Bischoff made him a massive offer - but Bret signed with WWF.

Also - when the Giant turned and joined the nWo, allegedly the initial plan was for it to be Davey Boy Smith...but he also signed with Vince.

Ahhh I miss those days!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jrmich9 wrote: »
    So back in the day (showing my age) the really strong initial rumour was that the 3rd guy was going to be Bret Hart. He was in the midst of negotiations with Vince and Bischoff made him a massive offer - but Bret signed with WWF.

Also - when the Giant turned and joined the nWo, allegedly the initial plan was for it to be Davey Boy Smith...but he also signed with Vince.

Ahhh I miss those days!

I wonder how different things would have turned out if Bret had been the 3rd man instead of Hogan?
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I wonder how different things would have turned out if Bret had been the 3rd man instead of Hogan?

No austin as the bret feud wouldnt have put austin on the big time map.

Babyface hogan getting boo'd at wcw and leaving for wwf.

I think bret as the 3rd man would have worked but not as well as hogan.

Big question is without bret and austin feud what feud would have stopped raw from bombing ratings wise?
  • couchpotato2011couchpotato2011 Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Giant becoming the fourth man was ridiculous and was the beginning of the downfall IMO. He had no ties to the WWF, which is exactly the plot the NWO was built on. From that point on, anybody joined them.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    The Giant becoming the fourth man was ridiculous and was the beginning of the downfall IMO. He had no ties to the WWF, which is exactly the plot the NWO was built on. From that point on, anybody joined them.

Yes and no, they didnt need the big man as they had nash but with having the giant made the nwo look dominant.

I think having the bulldog join would have suited better as you said with he wwf link.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people on twitter have been wondering if the 100hrs of Nitro will be random episodes or will it be complete years like they have done so far with some of the past Raws?

Personally i'd like it to be complete years,but that's only because i never saw a lot of Nitro back in the day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people on twitter have been wondering if the 100hrs of Nitro will be random episodes or will it be complete years like they have done so far with some of the past Raws?

Personally i'd like it to be complete years,but that's only because i never saw a lot of Nitro back in the day.

I presume it will follow the same pattern of Raw, with a few episodes being added each week, plus occasional uploads of random episodes. As for the 100 hours, I'm not sure whether or not they will be in order or random episodes.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    I believe the 1995 and 1996 years of Nitro work out to 100 hours of tv.

Nitro Episode 1: http://network.wwe.com/video/v35532895

Episode 3: http://network.wwe.com/video/v35531227

Episode 4: http://network.wwe.com/video/v35532359

Episode 5: http://network.wwe.com/video/v35531177

Episode 7: http://network.wwe.com/video/v35532261

Episode 10: http://network.wwe.com/video/v35531465

Credit goes to @WWE_Network_Bot for finding these episodes.

EDIT - These links may not work now. They were as of 18 hours ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too sure if this will take off but if anyone has any ppvs they recommend for whatever reason,post them in the thread so it might give others some suggestions what to check out on the network.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too sure if this will take off but if anyone has any ppvs they recommend for whatever reason,post them in the thread so it might give others some suggestions what to check out on the network.

This is actually a very good idea i'll start by recommending Wrestlemania 17.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen WM17 since it was shown live.I enjoyed the ppv & i remember the Hardcore match being fun.I'll need to check that out again.
    I fell away from wrestling after WM2000 (WM16) but got back into the following year only to dip in & out of it over the years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fully Loaded 2000 is another PPV I would recommend.

2000 overall had some fantastic PPV's.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    WWF Canadian stampede 1997, Halloween Havoc 1997 simply due to the Rey vs Eddie match.

Although I'm not a big star rating guy, these links to Observer match ratings might be of use.
    WWE PPVs
    https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/wwf_wwe_ppvs_1985_2013_wo_star_ratings

WCW PPVs
    https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/wcw_ppvs_1986_2001

ECW PPVs
    http://starratingslist.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/ecw-ppv-star-ratings-list.html?m=1
  • Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WWF Canadian Stampede is one of my fav main events
    Bad blood f1st hell in a cell 97
    King of the ring 98
    Royal romble 2000 that channel 4 show:)

I would have payed good money to find out what channel 4 thought about that show to this day one of the maddest shows I have ever seen not one that you would show new broadcasts:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Royal Rumble '92. The greatest rumble of them all. Heenan's greatest ever commentary. So many great superstars were in this one:

Undertaker
    Flair
    Hogan
    Savage
    Slaughter
    Piper
    Jake Roberts
    Bulldog
    Dibiase
    Sid
    HBK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Royal Rumble '92. The greatest rumble of them all. Heenan's greatest ever commentary. So many great superstars were in this one:

That was the first WWE video I ever bought.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally got around to watching Monday night War and i'm quite enjoying it, i've decided to renew my subscription too as i'm looking forward to other documentarys that WWE have in the pipeline as well as the nitro episodes, i was one of those WCW fans as i liked to watch the big boys play :p

Actually that sounded so wrong lol.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    Finally got around to watching Monday night War and i'm quite enjoying it, i've decided to renew my subscription too as i'm looking forward to other documentarys that WWE have in the pipeline as well as the nitro episodes, i was one of those WCW fans as i liked to watch the big boys play :p

I'm not usually one for asking people to stay on topic but I imagine what you got up to in your bedroom is of no interest to the majority :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to hear your sticking with the network gother.
    gother wrote: »
    i was one of those WCW fans as i liked to watch the big boys play :p

Is it just me or has it got all of a sudden hot in here :D ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the first WWE video I ever bought.

First one I can recall watching. I was seven years old at the time lol. It's never been topped IMO. I still don't understand why they had Hogan act like such a bitch at the end though. Always seemed strange to me, and not the actions of the number 1 babyface in the company.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First one I can recall watching. I was seven years old at the time lol. It's never been topped IMO. I still don't understand why they had Hogan act like such a bitch at the end though. Always seemed strange to me, and not the actions of the number 1 babyface in the company.

Clearly Hogan wasn't aware that it was every man for himself. He turned his back on Sid, what did he expect to happen?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's a mixture of Hogan being a sore loser & he always has to be the centre of attention.