New Poll puts Yes to Scottish independence on 54%

Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Rick_Davis wrote: »
    What scaremongering?

Apparently it's companies preferring England to a tinpot country with no currency and a leader who probably thinks William Wallace actually looked like Mel Gibson.
  • mcg3mcg3 Posts: 11,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rick_Davis wrote: »
    So it is ok for SNP to roll out Pro Yes business leaders, but its some kind of tinfoil hat conspiracy if others dont agree?

Point is Yes have consistently been behind if you believe the polls but have just kept on with their usual campaign.

BT thought they had it in the bag and just sat back when they should have been out and about.

Remember just a month ago BT had anything from a 16 to 10 point lead.

For Yes to have turned that round in such a short time means the voters arent believing the three amigo's pish.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    The caveat I highlighted came from John Curtis who knows more about polls than you or I. Still if you want to dismiss him so lightly it doesn't say much for the depth or reasonableness of your arguments IMO

I immensely respect Mr Curtice and I havent dismissed his cavet,Ive merely described hiscavet as well a cavet.

Nobody knows what the ultimate result will be:)
  • DiscombobulateDiscombobulate Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I immensely respect Mr Curtice and I havent dismissed his cavet,Ive merely described hiscavet as well a cavet.

Nobody knows what the ultimate result will be:)

Oh come off it. You didn't know whose caveat it was until I mentioned it
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member
    longpiggy wrote: »
    The " Missing Million" is the big unknown - even to the pollsters that is why they are shit scared at looking like idiots. But they shouldn't because this is a different type of election. Also after 2011 they should have a speck that Scottish opinion polls mean nada.

I am Yes but still think it will be a very, very narrow No. Apart from that unpolled. Then it could be easily 57/43. That is how extreme this could be - and no-one has a clue..That is the truth, however much people shout about it. We won't know till we know.

Yes it will be close, the marvellous Last Night of the Proms tonight should help "No" a bit, I'd have thought!
  • longpiggylongpiggy Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course their not to be ignored-What gave you that idea?:confused:

No supporters or whoever can feel free to start a thread on them if they wish.

I think this poll is noteworthyvas I think its the highestvlrad yes has had ie noteworthy:)

Hilda,

you want to chat privately? See my later post/now previous (not about you just this poll)- oh and even though this post was in the past my post is in the future but now in the was - I feel there could be a film in this!). Like the election and the fall out - we will work it out in time, lol:)

As much as I have been hooked by Trolls in the past can I say we have at least had a good chat about things. And will do in the future. X;-)
    Forum Member
    Hilda,

you want to chat privately? See my later post/now previous (not about you just this poll)- oh and even though this post was in the past my post is in the future but now in the was - I feel there could be a film in this!). Like the election and the fall out - we will work it out in time, lol:)

As much as I have been hooked by Trolls in the past can I say we have at least had a good chat about things. And will do in the future. X;-)

Your confusing me:confused::D but yes feel free to private message me anytime my box is always open to good souls;-):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Yes it will be close, the marvellous Last Night of the Proms tonight should help "No" a bit, I'd have thought!

I am going to catch up later, why? I just like that stuff. End. So minimal going by my friends. If NO.

I do read the Daily Mail comments - not to engage but for fun - and to be honest they have about 10 stories reacted to by a specific group (Circle of Jerks?) that enfoce an opinion. The people that decide this don't read nor care about DS let alone the DM.

And as my last post alluded to that is the interesting part, when it is all over, that none of us know about. But you, like me and some others, are way too sensible about things!:blush:
    Forum Member
    I am going to catch up later, why? I just like that stuff. End. So minimal going by my friends. If NO.

I do read the Daily Mail comments - not to engage but for fun - and to be honest they have about 10 stories reacted to by a specific group (Circle of Jerks?) that enfoce an opinion. The people that decide this don't read nor care about DS let alone the DM.

And as my last post alluded to that is the interesting part, when it is all over, that none of us know about. But you, like me and some others, are way too sensible about things!:blush:

Daily Mail article comments dent my confidence in sections of humanity>:(
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Comments sections in general are no-go areas.
  • rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Now the game is on Prepare for more Armageddon scenarios to be unleashed by BT and the Westminster establishment

You missed out the rest of the world too, they seem to think the same.
    Forum Member
    Oh come off it. You didn't know whose caveat it was until I mentioned it

Whether I did or didnt is irrelevant as I didnt dismiss the point but rather emphasised its character as being a nuanced cavet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still too close to call. It will be interesting waking up on Friday morning.

My opinion is it is going to be way Yes - with the "missing million" or a close NO. And none of us, NONE of us including pollsters can call it as this is not normal. We all need to tone down a bit and react come Friday. Because then we at least know what we are getting het up about. Too sensible?:blush::o:kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether I did or didnt is irrelevant as I didnt dismiss the point but rather emphasised its character as being a nuanced cavet.

LOL you can't even give in graciously. So sad :(
    Forum Member
    LOL you can't even give in graciously. So sad :(

Give in to what?What is it you want me to concede?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeh, but it is fun to read the loons and realise you are quite normal, all in all:D
    Forum Member
    My opinion is it is going to be way Yes - with the "missing million" or a close NO. And none of us, NONE of us including pollsters can call it as this is not normal. We all need to tone down a bit and react come Friday. Because then we at least know what we are getting het up about. Too sensible?:blush::o:kitty:

Agreed no one call it but in terms of digital spy forums one poll showing the yes camps biggest lead is noteworthy and comment worthy imo.I would have been surprised if thete wasnt debate on here about it.
    Forum Member
    Yeh, but it is fun to read the loons and realise you are quite normal, all in all:D

I guess all in all it can be cathartic when looked at like that!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give in to what?What is it you want me to concede?

Read the thread. You are the one who rubbished the caveat without knowing the authority behind it and when it was pointed out to you, you wouldn't even concede that you didn't know
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Fail comments section is the toilet of humanity...
  • delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rjb101 wrote: »
    You missed out the rest of the world too, they seem to think the same.

UK owes the world a fortune. The world is scared of rUK defaulting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=mcg3;74788777]Point is Yes have consistently been behind if you believe the polls but have just kept on with their usual campaign.

BT thought they had it in the bag and just sat back when they should have been out and about.

Remember just a month ago BT had anything from a 16 to 10 point lead.

For Yes to have turned that round in such a short time means the voters arent believing the three amigo's pish.[/QUOTE]

Look dispassionately at the 2011 Scottish Parliament polls (Curtice/Poll of polls - actually they all said the same thing - Scottish Labour then last minute - Minority SNP, how did that go?). Just saying this is a new ball game - and some wee rage might have nicked the ba'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed no one call it but in terms of digital spy forums one poll showing the yes camps biggest lead is noteworthy and comment worthy imo.I would have been surprised if thete wasnt debate on here about it.

Wi some o' the pish oan ere weal worthy:)
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Scottish independence is, for the rest of the UK, like pulling off a plaster. It'll be much quicker and less painful for them to go now than for it to rumble on and on for another 20 years. So yes, fingers crossed it's 'Yes' on Thursday.
    Forum Member
    Wi some o' the pish oan ere weal worthy:)

Your quick typing and the resultant spelling is as bad as mine nearly!:D