One of Danyl's most convincing performances yet:

amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Danyl is still my fave to win, but for me I don't think he's really nailed one live performance since his famous audition... despite his mentor's standing ovations suggesting otherwise.

This for me is his best so far! (Hope it's not been posted already- apologies if it has).

http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/episodes/video/item_200715.htm

Comments

• RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particular "like" him but have to say he is the only one I have thought has been consistently excellent each week (I didn't actually see his Aerosmith perfromance though :o)

I think he is very talented (possibley more so than any other contestant!), I think he has been treated pretty unfairly by Lady Cole but he just doesn't have the likeability factor to win IMO...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never got the fuss about Danyl in the first place.

I don’t think he is the most talented contestant by a long way. He’s talented (in different ways they all are) but he has neither Olly’s charisma nor Joe’s consistency to name just two things.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since his first audition, Danyl's free spirit has been chained -down and dented. He has been re-styled, toned down and 'moulded' into something he's not.
    He's got a great voice and I would love to see him return to his former self.
    [I don't see him as' cocky 'or arrogant]
  • amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since his first audition, Danyl's free spirit has been chained -down and dented. He has been re-styled, toned down and 'moulded' into something he's not.

Totally agree RP- that little vid of him being himself singing Mustang Sally does it for me- you can see the talent and IMO it outshines everyone else on the show. Olly is nice with a pleasant voice and has grown on me as his performances seem to improve each time, but he's missing that extra something for me.

All this 'cocky' rubbish does my head in- I very rarely agree with Mr C and it pains me to say it (but he was right)- we shouldn't confuse confidence with cockiness. I find (or FOUND!) Danyl confident, before he was X Factored... I hope he can get that back... I find Jamie cocky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd go and see a band which consisted of Joe, Lucie and Danyl. LOL.

I have to say both Joe and Lucie look far more interesting there as well!
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was as difficult to watch/listen to as ever I'm afraid.
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Completely ditto. I much prefer the performances when he let all the emotion out, spazzdancing and all.

I've never, ever seen the 'cocky arrogance' myself, either. Most of the cast on this type of show have a story arc - journey, development and so on - and I'm wondering if they're busy rewriting his so that he can be seen to 'improve'.

Posters used to level the same criticism at Adam Lambert on Idol last year, so I can only imagine that it's a euphemism for 'seasoned and professional'. Some audiences prefer raw, less experienced contestants.

Still, what the hey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't rate Danyl at all. But this was his best performance since his audition. The others have been horrific, imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is my fav to win. ( Still think he will too)
    If only he could have a weeks peace from the constant media attention, and the negativity out there.

Think he will be even better this weekend, now his has regained his confidence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    pipnlilly wrote: »
    He is my fav to win. ( Still think he will too)
    If only he could have a weeks peace from the constant media attention, and the negativity out there.

Think he will be even better this weekend, now his has regained his confidence.

I don't think Danyl can beat Olly this year - Danyl has an amazing voice but he doesn't have that spark when he performs like Olly, i think danyl's chances have been knocked by the media campaign against him a few weeks ago and i don't think he is going to catch up with olly now, i think he will be in the final though!!
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was great. But I won't vote for him as I prefer 2 or 3 of the others.
  • Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASH_23 wrote: »
    I don't think Danyl can beat Olly this year - Danyl has an amazing voice but he doesn't have that spark when he performs like Olly, i think danyl's chances have been knocked by the media campaign against him a few weeks ago and i don't think he is going to catch up with olly now, i think he will be in the final though!!

I think getting to the Final will be an achievement for him given the crap he's had to endure and the albatros his mentor has hung round his neck.

I think the spark is there, he's just been told to dumb it down...I wanna see him get an up tempo track and put on a performance like Olly as he's apparently a good dancer..maybe this week, I have a feeling he'll be on 1st.
  • MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever he does his customary "big note" all I am aware of is his fat tongue hanging out of his mouth. It's on a par with Jamie Olivers fat tongue:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Definately one of his best! :D Which is why I voted for him even more. After last night's farce ill be voting for him at least 30 times each night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    He bores me,hes fake and his rendition of Purple Rain was rubbish.Hope its him and the twins next week and they vote him off to spite Simon.
    He used to work in a bar I used to frequent and he ooozes arrogance believe me
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but for me the whole transformation and the whole performance was again over done, over performed and over reaching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm now bored with the Jedward/Lucie/Simon Cowell's the devil chat on here today. Let's get back to the real story - how awful Danyl is!!! I've missed the daily bitching!
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm now bored with the Jedward/Lucie/Simon Cowell's the devil chat on here today. Let's get back to the real story - how awful Danyl is!!! I've missed the daily bitching!

I agree, though Idon't know if you are joking or not but I am sure someone will say we are all wrong and we should give him a break. I say no to that...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    I agree, though Idon't know if you are joking or not but I am sure someone will say we are all wrong and we should give him a break. I say no to that...

I'm only joking a bit and we agree!
  • rufusrufusrufusrufus Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cocky\arrogant business is old news now, only hateful obsessives will carry on with it.
    His performance was extraordinary on Sat and the others all look so amateurish against him.
    And that includes Olly too, he looked like on of those sad rock and roll acts from a 50's themed touring show.
    It's not his fault as he's a decent singer, but he's the same every week, thrusting and gyrating, it looks sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rufusrufus wrote: »
    The cocky\arrogant business is old news now, .

That's not what bothers me - it's his grating delivery and facial contortions that make me want to put my foot through the tv screen!