SHALAMAR gigging with Steve Brookstein and Kenny Thomas in April!

amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Shalamar were one of the most successful Soul groups of all time selling 25 million albums worldwide. They were HUGE in the 80s and had a string of world-wide hits such as 'Take that to the bank', 'Second Time Around', 'Night to Remember, There It Is, I Can Make You Feel Good,' and many others.

Jeffrey Daniel was choreographer and personal dance teacher to Michael Jackson and is credited with introducing street dance into Europe through his work with Shalamar. He taught Michael many moves - the most famous of which was the Moon Walk.

Jeffrey also choreographed Michael’s Bad and Smooth Criminal videos (in which he also featured) and was creative consultant on the live tours and other videos such as Ghosts. Jeffrey worked with MJ as a friend and mentor for more than 25 years.

Shalamar with guests Steve Brookstein and Kenny Thomas at the following venues:

Thursday 15th April
The Circus Tavern
Tickets from £25.00
Box Office: 01708 863 838
Meads Corner, Purfleet, Essex.
www.circustavernnightclub.com

Friday 16th April
Grand Opera House York
Ticket Price £28.50
Box Office: 0844 847 2322
Groups 10+: 0844 3 72 72 72
Cumberland Street, York, YO1 9SW
www.GrandOperaHouseYork.org.uk

Saturday 17th April
Oasis Swindon
Ticket Price £28.50 & £26.50
Box Office: 01793 445401
North Star Avenue, Swindon SN2 1EP
www.swindon.gov.uk/oasisevents

Sunday 18th April
New Theatre Oxford
Ticket Price £30.50 & £27.50
Box Office: 0844 847 1585
Groups 10+ 0844 372 7272
George Street, Oxford, OX1 2AG
www.NewTheatreOxford.org.uk

Comments

• Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 80s are back!

Glad to read that, for a minute I thought you meant that rotten woman (of many) who had been Terry-Tonking (Shalamar Wimble)

CHELSEA captain John Terry blamed boss Jose Mourinho's punishing training regime when he failed to score in bed with a blonde lover behind his fiancee's back.

"He told me he thought he was going to pass out while we were lovemaking as he'd only had a couple of Jaffa cakes to eat all day, because Mourinho had been working them so hard," said Shalimar Wimble, 25, who had a two-month fling with the engaged football star.

She told how the England ace ran out of steam as he tried to make passionate love to her twice in one day at team-mate Wayne Bridge's mansion, just doors away from the luxury home he shares with fiancee Toni Poole in Cobham, Surrey.

"He said the manager was a real taskmaster who liked to crack the whip in training," said Shalimar.

Terry and his lover sneaked into Wayne's house while he was out - taking care not to be spotted by Toni. They stripped off and had sex in the lounge. But when Terry took Shalimar upstairs and tried to score again he ran into trouble.

Even so, the exhausted England star managed to find a sudden turn of speed - when he heard his pal's Porsche arriving on the drive.

Terry ran downstairs naked to collect the couple's clothes, while an angry Wayne and his girlfriend waited in the car.

"I felt embarrassed about using the house. But John laughed and said we had no choice as we couldn't go over to his place. "John told me Wayne was fine about us being there on condition we didn't have sex in his bed. "But Wayne didn't exactly look thrilled when he saw our underwear scattered on his sofa downstairs. "I felt terrible, but John laughed and told me not to be silly.
  • amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol- is that name for real???!!!!
    Shalimar Wimble indeed. No... though I'm sure John Terry would've been happy to see her perform- I'll stick with Shalamar thanks!!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    damn I remember having a Kenny Thomas ablum back in the day and love the songs Think about you love and Outstanding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    damn I remember having a Kenny Thomas ablum back in the day and love the songs Think about you love and Outstanding.

Agreed- absolute class angel... and what about Tender Love and Best of You?!! Choooooooooooooons! :D
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup. Loved Shalamar too.:D
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Shalamar!!!:cool:

Jeffrey Daniels is a legend!!!
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love Shalamar!!!:cool:

Jeffrey Daniels; HE pioneered the moonwalk, BEFORE Michael Jackson, although it was MJ that called it the moonwalk, as it was known as the backslide when Daniels did it!!!
    I remember watching him do it back in the day when both he and Jodie Watley were dancers on Soul Train.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His performance on Top of the Pops to Night To Remember, including back slide/moonwalk!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ImkBve8OW8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shalamar dont need the likes of them 2 touring with them. Outstanding by The Gap band is the best version..not what that Kenny did!