Ellie Goulding - Bright Lights (Discussion Thread)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Track listing: (new songs)
  • Lights (New edit)
  • Human
  • Little Dreams
  • Home
  • Animal
  • Believe Me
  • Your Song

Who else is getting this. Loved the original Lights and I love Your Song. Can't wait for it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same! Can't wait for it, got it pre-ordered with HMV. Lights is easily the best album of 2010.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got Lights and Downloaded Your Song as it was really cheap. But I don't think I'm going to buy the re-release, I'm not buying the same album again.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy the rerelease, the original didn't impress me: half of the album just sounded like generic accoustic music--album filler.
    I'll listen to each song on youtube and buy the ones I like from iTunes.
  • Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    I'm getting them but I'm not buying them. Bought the album once why the hell should I fill her pockets again? Pure greed.

Had she done what Kesha's doing and releasing a cheaper ep of the new songs, I'd have bought it but I'm not buying the same album again :mad:
  • Double DeckerDouble Decker Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I went to one of her concerts this week, it was brilliant, she is a good performer.

We won't be buying it as have the original, may download Your Song as love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might getting it as I don't have the original, but I'm not that much of an Ellie fan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Up to pre-order on iTunes, there's another track called The End, the majority of the original album recorde live and 5 videos.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    pre-ordered it of itunes as there are over 30 items with it! When can I download it? Am not really familliar with itunes pre-order. Will I be able to download it at mignight tonight? Heard human on youtube sounds great!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46y8E-RIhdc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BP4L wrote: »
    I might getting it as I don't have the original, but I'm not that much of an Ellie fan.

I'm 80% certianly, almost definitely getting it now. Listened to the samples and really liked it. Not untill Christmas though.
  • AerologyAerology Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Again, I bought the original Lights album which I thought was very good.

But I don't agree with this re-release with only a small handful of new tracks, it's really a rather cynical ploy which I'm sure would be the record company's fault, not Ellie's.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aerology wrote: »
    Again, I bought the original Lights album which I thought was very good.

But I don't agree with this re-release with only a small handful of new tracks, it's really a rather cynical ploy which I'm sure would be the record company's fault, not Ellie's.

Lights had 10 songs on it, Bright Lights has 7 new ones of top of that. I wouldn't call that a "small handful". In fact if you get the itunes version you get 8 new songs, as well as a bunch of live tracks and all her music videos too. Over 30 items for the price of a standard album seems to me to be a good deal.

Anyway, regarding the actual album I love it. Human and Believe Me are great new songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    The new songs are Amaze!!!!! especially Home!!!!!!
  • darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore Lights, and i went to see Ellie on Sunday night in Belfast and she was fantastic, and ive pretty much had the Lights album as well as Your song playing non stop since :)

I think for £8 its a good deal. definitely getting it :)
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently around the #20 mark in the charts in midweek.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    She shouldn't have messed around with the 'Believe Me' demo , its far superior to the album version. She should have kept it as it was instead of changing it to make it more mainstream.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV408d_gSjY
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving Animal at the moment, it's a bit of a grower!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really against buying this re-release as I am with all re-releases BUT when I went on iTunes and saw that for £8 you got the album, the new tracks, her ENTIRE iTunes Festival set AND all music videos up to Your Song I was gobsmacked and didn't even think twice. Thank you Apple!

As for the new songs, probably some of Ellie's best! Human is epic!