Options

Sky anytime+

daver34daver34 Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
Are the programmes in the showcase folder items all ready recorded to my hard drive & ready to watch.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daver34 wrote: »
    Are the programmes in the showcase folder items all ready recorded to my hard drive & ready to watch.
    thanks

Yes, they are the same as normal Anytime where they are sent via the dish overnight,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anniebrion wrote: »
    Yes, they are the same as normal Anytime where they are sent via the dish overnight,

Thanks was not sure, started using anytime today recording 13 assassins which was taking space from hard drive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I have Mobile Broadband from Three and I may be a bit silly about this, but will a wireless adapter from sky work as a network or am I totally being stupid about it....

I have not ordered one of these yet. I just want to see if it will work.

Thanks..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gdog35 wrote: »
    I have Mobile Broadband from Three and I may be a bit silly about this, but will a wireless adapter from sky work as a network or am I totally being stupid about it....

I have not ordered one of these yet. I just want to see if it will work.

Thanks..

I would not advise using mobile broadband, 3G will make downloading slow and expensive. Wait a year or so when 4G is out and it might be possible but your need a laptop or computer or a very smart phone.
  • Options
    cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    When will we be getting the Catchup serice on our EPG to replace the crap service we have now?. and what new features will we expect?
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cmorris wrote: »
    When will we be getting the Catchup serice on our EPG to replace the crap service we have now?. and what new features will we expect?
    If you have a DRX890 or 895, by November at the latest. If you have a Samsung, Pace or DRX780, testing will begin on these boxes shortly so I'd expect the new EPG by Christmas if the beta goes to plan.
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Is it possible to have Anytime+ and a Sky Gnome connected at the same time or would there be a clash of sockets/connections needed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cmorris wrote: »

Catch-up is additional to A+/OD and not a replacement ;)

You'll have to wait for a feature list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heinz wrote: »
    Is it possible to have Anytime+ and a Sky Gnome connected at the same time or would there be a clash of sockets/connections needed?

As long a the Gnome does not use the Ethernet/RJ45 socket, then you'll be ok :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does sky take your viewing habits into account when adding recordings to your anytime ?.
  • Options
    Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member

Sky Gnome uses the RS232 socket if I remember correctly not the RJ45 socket used for Anytime+ so you should be OK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does sky take your viewing habits into account when adding recordings to your anytime ?.

No they do not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Thanks was not sure, started using anytime today recording 13 assassins which was taking space from hard drive.

Anytime still uses the reserved space on the disc, Anytime+ recordings share the "user" space on the disc so any Anytime+ will reduce the space available while the original Anytime will not.
  • Options
    simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anniebrion wrote: »
    No they do not.

But they do collect information about your viewing habits if your box is connected to a phone line and you haven't opted out through the My Sky page. This was mentioned in the letters Sky sent out last year announcing the subscription freeze.

This information may/will be used for targeted advertising during opt-outs in ad breaks that is currently being tested by NDS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simon194 wrote: »
    But they do collect information about your viewing habits if your box is connected to a phone line and you haven't opted out through the My Sky page. This was mentioned in the letters Sky sent out last year announcing the subscription freeze.

This information may/will be used for targeted advertising during opt-outs in ad breaks that is currently being tested by NDS.

Maybe so but they are not using it to target on demand to people, which was the question I was answering.
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    After the best part of a day re-connecting all my TV kit, I can amend that now.

It is possible to have Anytime+ and a Sky Gnome connected at the same time.
  • Options
    Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    After the best part of a day re-connecting all my TV kit, I can amend that now.

It is possible to have Anytime+ and a Sky Gnome connected at the same time.

Yes, Sky Gnome uses RS232 port, Anytime (router) use the RJ45 port.