The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreams wrote: »
    Met Leona at Bodyshop today! She looked great, and had so many people with her including Maloy and three dogs.

As promised I asked her to release Glassheart due to popular demand, she laughed and said how everyone says that. She said they don't know what they are releasing or when but how she has some 'new stuff'. In other words, I wouldn't expect Glassheart or anything from Glassheart to be released in the nearest future.

Aww great you asked her! Funny she answered that everyone says that GH should be released... I mean.. don't ignore it then please.
    Excited for the new stuff she was talking about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although it's sad that Glassheart will not be released as a single, in all fairness we don't know how it really would've done. I'm happy that she said there is 'new stuff' because it shows that they're working and possibly are on track to release the album this year. Maybe they've found a new management too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although it's sad that Glassheart will not be released as a single, in all fairness we don't know how it really would've done. I'm happy that she said there is 'new stuff' because it shows that they're working and possibly are on track to release the album this year. Maybe they've found a new management too.
    Yeah maybe GH wouldn't work anymore now.
  • gtleonagtleona Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna make a stab in the dark at this... As NONE of us know what is going on behind the scenes at the label, maybe Leona isn't releasing Glassheart as a single, as she and the label maybe don't want her to be seen as taking that direction with her music (that's probably why they think the sales are poor) as she could be working on a back to basics album, that takes it back to her VOICE, that could possibly slay us all. Here's hoping :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Yeah maybe GH wouldn't work anymore now.

I think the thing is is that as Leona fans, we all recognize that GH is one of her best songs, but we don't know how the general public would react to it. Plus 2013 hasn't been a big year for dance/dub-step songs yet, so maybe new stuff will help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gtleona wrote: »
    I'm gonna make a stab in the dark at this... As NONE of us know what is going on behind the scenes at the label, maybe Leona isn't releasing Glassheart as a single, as she and the label maybe don't want her to be seen as taking that direction with her music (that's probably why they think the sales are poor) as she could be working on a back to basics album, that takes it back to her VOICE, that could possibly slay us all. Here's hoping :)

Could be, but going by the demo I have for the upcoming album there is no way of going back to basics :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the thing is is that as Leona fans, we all recognize that GH is one of her best songs, but we don't know how the general public would react to it. Plus 2013 hasn't been a big year for dance/dub-step songs yet, so maybe new stuff will help.

When it got premiered on the radio everyone seemed to love it and that's when they had to release it, it's too late now. :)
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Music forums in the usa were buzzing over glassheart and come alive im sure those two songs would do pretty well. People have got to stop making excuses up for leona.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    Music forums in the usa were buzzing over glassheart and come im sure those two songs would do pretty well. People have got to stop making excuses up for leona.

And you have to stop blaming Leona :p Ok, she did ask for Trouble as lead single but she didn't pick Lovebird and for now she has no management + era is over
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music forums in the usa were buzzing over glassheart and come alive im sure those two songs would do pretty well. People have got to stop making excuses up for leona.

What can she do at the end of the day? Ultimately the label is the one that makes the decisions. They are the ones that allowed her to pick Trouble as the lead single, and equally they are the ones who could decide to release Glassheart if they wanted to.

It's too late to release Glassheart now, even the new version will be dated in a few months sadly, it's better that she just presses on with new material before the end of this year rather than extending this era any more...

I think Glassheart is over tbh anyway, Leona seems to say as much herself, especially if she told fans she had "new stuff". I think it ended with Lovebird just like with IGY. There's not much point calling for Glassheart to be released now because I don't think it's looking likely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wasn't making any excuses up at all. Yeah, music forums were buzzing about it, but those were the only people who knew about it. Once it comes to promotion, especially in the US, you never know how one of Leona's singles will do. I'm glad she's already working on new stuff. It's obvious that her label isn't going to release GH, so why delay and not do anything? She can get a fresh start on a new album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Thank you DREAMS or asking ... well. I would not call it a day until proven otherwise. Let her finish the tour- we will see what happens.
    For the moment... what was Soeplepel talking about demos? Wanna pm me some time? *asksprettyprettyplease*?
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I haven't posted in here for a good while since I've been going through a lot in my life lately (I won't bore you with details of that!) but with the body shop appearance and tour coming up I just had to make a comeback lol. Anyway, I really can't get over gorgeous she looked at Westfield yesterday. Seriously its the best I've seen her look in years, so flawless!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    Hey guys, I haven't posted in here for a good while since I've been going through a lot in my life lately (I won't bore you with details of that!) but with the body shop appearance and tour coming up I just had to make a comeback lol. Anyway, I really can't get over gorgeous she looked at Westfield yesterday. Seriously its the best I've seen her look in years, so flawless!

Welcome back Paul, I hope everything is alright! I was wondering where you were :p Did you see the live stream gig from yesterday yet? I took your job and recorded the whole show :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Paul, I hope everything is alright! I was wondering where you were :p Did you see the live stream gig from yesterday yet? I took your job and recorded the whole show :D
    OMG how dare you steal my job!:eek:
    Haha just kidding, thanks for recording it, I wasn't able to watch it live so your video was much appreciated! :D
    Her voice was great last night, it really shines in acoustic settings like that. Looks like she also finally got new backup singers too! And I'll be ok, thanks for asking. I'm a little down right now but its nothing I can't deal with :)
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    I've uploaded it on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZvFaDodz-w&feature=youtu.be

Mind that the quality will change in the middle of Come Alive

Thankyou.:)

I missed the live stream as I have been away. Really enjoyed that. Unlike some, I hope she does sing like this on tour. I loved The Labyrinth Tour, but wanted more great vocal moments. Last night's gig had them. I am also looking forward to more intimate venues. A friend of mine who is a Kylie fan went to her latest tour, but then said she wished she had gone instead to th Anti Tour to see her just sing. That's what I am hoping for,this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2:13 in Hurt... I think Leona hits a brief B2.
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    ariella52 wrote: »
    Thankyou.:)

I missed the live stream as I have been away. Really enjoyed that. Unlike some, I hope she does sing like this on tour. I loved The Labyrinth Tour, but wanted more great vocal moments. Last night's gig had them. I am also looking forward to more intimate venues. A friend of mine who is a Kylie fan went to her latest tour, but then said she wished she had gone instead to th Anti Tour to see her just sing. That's what I am hoping for,this time.

Then I'll send Leona a number of my bank account to overpay my flight tickets and accommodation :)
    When she was releasing Glassheart she said she can't wait to perform her new songs with full production. I'm not here for acoustics. We already have Emeli Boring Sande.
    One or two acoustic songs are okay but no more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then I'll send Leona a number of my bank account to overpay my flight tickets and accommodation :)
    When she was releasing Glassheart she said she can't wait to perform her new songs with full production. I'm not here for acoustics. We already have Emeli Boring Sande.
    One or two acoustic songs are okay but no more.

The only difference between Emeli and Leona is that Leona really has a voice you can listen to all day all night.. No matter what she sings.

I'm also here for the full production but then again I have to agree with Ariella, it would be so amazing to just hear Leona's voice with the instruments. And lol don't worry she won't be sitting down on a chair going from song to song though.

And Fallendancer, don't you complain! It's your first Leona concert! :p I'm sure you'd like it anyhow
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really torn about how I want this show to be - on one hand, the production on some of the songs is just incredible and hearing that live would be amazing (I to You, Sugar, etc), but on the other hand it'd be really great to see Leona with a band doing more "organic" and acoustic versions of her songs so her vocals really shine...

I also really just want to see the more uptempo tracks done properly live and not stripped back like Collide was at G-A-Y last year...

Plus I'm going with my friend to the RAH who's been dying to see Leona for years and I think he'd appreciate seeing her with full production rather than just piano/cello/guitar
    (I wouldn't mind if there was an acoustic segment again where she did BIT acoustically, along with a couple of other tracks like maybe even Fingerprint, that would be a nice change up from it's production!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I surely do hope the whole show isn't acoustic (ballads). We need to hear Come Alive, Glassheart, etc in their original form.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I surely do hope the whole show isn't acoustic (ballads). We need to hear Come Alive, Glassheart, etc in their original form.

I agree - I wouldn't mind if she changed BL up a bit so it was like the Live Lounge version, same arrangement but with "organic" instrumentation but then it gets "normal" like the usual live performances towards the end or something.

I think I'll cry if she doesn't perform I to You with the full production, I wouldn't even care if the band didn't play for that and she just sang over the instrumental haha... I need to hear that beat and those strings LOUD. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    I'm really torn about how I want this show to be - on one hand, the production on some of the songs is just incredible and hearing that live would be amazing (I to You, Sugar, etc), but on the other hand it'd be really great to see Leona with a band doing more "organic" and acoustic versions of her songs so her vocals really shine...
    Did you attend the Labyrinth tour? I somehow felt like Leona's voice got a little lost among all of the production and everything else that was going on when I saw her. Since the venues are more intimate this time I would like her her to keep it simple tbh so that her voice can really be the main centrepiece.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    Did you attend the Labyrinth tour? I somehow felt like Leona's voice got a little lost among all of the production and everything else that was going on when I saw her. Since the venues are more intimate this time I would like her her to keep it simple tbh so that her voice can really be the main centrepiece.

Yeah I did, but that tour was heavily focussed on visuals as well as music - I don't think she'll be singing as 'little' as she did on the Labyrinth, especially with the venues being a lot smaller. With the exception of a few "power house" songs that she did live, Leona used her voice quite differently to how she usually performs and I'm sure thats down to the length of the setlist, having choreography and doing a LOT of arena dates... it helped her save her voice for when she really needed it (in songs like Homeless, Happy, Can't Breathe, BL, etc)

I'm sure if she were to use the album production/arrangements of tracks, it'd just be like her performances on TV or something, I don't think anything would be lost because there isn't going to be this huge visual show to accompany it this time around - if you get what I mean? It seems like this tour is all about her voice, I just don't want her to be so heavily focussed on the voice that the other things we love about the songs are lost (like if she did I to You acoustically, when in reality her belting out the lyrics over a haunting heavy beat and strings is what makes the song so dramatic and amazing to me)
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona is only 700 twitter followers away from a million. Right now she is at 999.3 k.
This discussion has been closed.