Seeing two people at once - Good or bad?

mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
Forum Member
✭✭
Ive been out with this one guy 4 times, not slept with him yet, and i went on a date with this other guy this week, and we hit it off and are going out again. Im seeing the first guy tonight and the other guy tomorrow. And I am planning on seeing a third in a few days. I just split up with my ex last month so wanted to have some fun. I quite like the 2 ive met so far, and we text quite alot back and forth. Why do i feel a bit guilty. They could be doing the same as me. Nothing wrong with playing the field a bit is there?

Comments

• Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mizhog wrote: »
    Ive been out with this one guy 4 times, not slept with him yet, and i went on a date with this other guy this week, and we hit it off and are going out again. Im seeing the first guy tonight and the other guy tomorrow. And I am planning on seeing a third in a few days. I just split up with my ex last month so wanted to have some fun. I quite like the 2 ive met so far, and we text quite alot back and forth. Why do i feel a bit guilty. They could be doing the same as me. Nothing wrong with playing the field a bit is there?

None at all. In fact, I doubt you feel guilty at all. You're probably trying to rub it in your ex's face at that, aswell. Have fun:D
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    mizhog wrote: »

As long as none of them are under the impression that they are your one and only, then there should be no problem at all. To avoid upset down the line you should make that clear at the outset and they can decide if they want to spend time with you on that basis. All open and above board like.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No nothing wrong with it if you're not in a committed relationship. If you've only just come out of a relationship, there is no harm in dating several people until you find someone you really click with and want to give it a go. Just be honest and you shouldn't need to feel guilty.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends on your own sense of morality really.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    As long as none of them are under the impression that they are your one and only, then there should be no problem at all. To avoid upset down the line you should make that clear at the outset and they can decide if they want to spend time with you on that basis. All open and above board like.

Agreed.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how you sleep at night.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for you. Not so good for them ;)
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you should ask them whether it's OK instead of us.
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, according to your profile you are two years old. What you are doing is therefore very immoral and actually illegal.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with it. And good for you. :D

Do make it clear to them that you're seeing other people, though, in case they're taking it more seriously than you may expect.

A guy I was seeing wasn't happy when he found out. He asked if we could go out on a certain evening and I said no because I'd be on a date with the other guy that evening, which prompted his WTF?! reaction.

His reaction took me by surprise. I didn't realise until then that in his mind, dating someone more than twice marked the beginning of a relationship. News to me.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahem......3-some.

That is all.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    OP, according to your profile you are two years old. What you are doing is therefore very immoral and actually illegal.

They typed that whole paragraph out though, very clever toddler.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Agreed.

Seconded.
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    If it's a polyamarous relationship then it's fine. If not then it's not fine.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's a polyamarous relationship then it's fine. If not then it's not fine.
    A horny parrot?
  • Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    As has been stated already, seeing 2 people at the same time is fine if they both know. If you're having sex with them both then it's very important both know so they can take precautions. Or perhaps choose not to have a sexual relationship with you.

But if they don't know you're seeing them both at the same time then it's very wrong, deceitful and just shows a complete lack of class and respect for others on your part.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find it immoral or wrong. It's not like you are committed in any way to these guys. I would be careful though, as they might not see it that way. You need to be upfront about it, and not lead anyone on.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was going to be about the symptoms of a squint.