iphone update- new version itunes

pixiepiepixiepie Posts: 1,514
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if this has been covered already but I couldn't find anything with a quick scan.

Basically I have only recently performed the new ios7 update on my iphone 4s and when I went onto iTunes to move a few songs from my ipod to my iphone aswell I got a message saying I'd need to install iTunes 11.1 or a later version.
The version I have is still working fine for my ipod but I'm wary about updating as I've had issues with losing my music on iTunes before.
Can anyone tell me does the update transfer everything automatically?
I've never been great with iTunes so I'm afraid to start messing around.

Comments

• DazinhoDazinho Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pixiepie wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been covered already but I couldn't find anything with a quick scan.

Basically I have only recently performed the new ios7 update on my iphone 4s and when I went onto iTunes to move a few songs from my ipod to my iphone aswell I got a message saying I'd need to install iTunes 11.1 or a later version.
    The version I have is still working fine for my ipod but I'm wary about updating as I've had issues with losing my music on iTunes before.
    Can anyone tell me does the update transfer everything automatically?
    I've never been great with iTunes so I'm afraid to start messing around.

I can only answer for myself, but when I upgraded iTunes and iOS, I never encountered any problems losing music or anything else. I have an old iPod on iOS 3 and that still syncs too.
  • pixiepiepixiepie Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dazinho wrote: »
    I can only answer for myself, but when I upgraded iTunes and iOS, I never encountered any problems losing music or anything else. I have an old iPod on iOS 3 and that still syncs too.

Thanks for the response.
    Might just risk it so :)
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problems when I updated to iOS 7 and iTunes 11 either.